• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1, 2, Switch to feature at least 20 minigames

Kurdel

Banned
I bought Feel the Magic at the DS launch, I am more than ready for 20 ish multiplayer minigames

Nintendo%20DS%20Feel%20the%20Magic%20XYXX%20Front%20Cover.jpg

Sterok

Hasn't reception from people who tried it out been more positive than not? I'm in the camp that doesn't see the appeal here, but maybe it can strike a cord with its intended audience. Though with how little depth each game seems to have compared to Wii Tennis or Bowling it's hard to see people playing it a lot even if they do enjoy it.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I wonder if this game will have a campaign mode with detailed story and lore

HotHamBoy

I'm hosting a big "get drunk and play party games" party the week after release so I guess I'm buying this. Good to see there's at least a decent variety of games.

Man, just get a big party board game like Werewolf. It'll be more fun and a hell of a lot cheaper.

People will actually want to play it.

Simbabbad

I think this game looks like crap but this argument is uh...
The Wiimote was used much more by third parties than Nintendo. Kororinpa, Pandora's Tower, Eledees/Elebits, Trauma Center, etc. Nintendo mostly used the Wiimote to mimic the NES pad.

Leizt

Neo Member
2 bucks for each mini-game sound fine to me... i'm sure that i will have a blast playing these in the lines at DisneyLand Paris next march!

Listonosh

Yeah, I'm also on the side that thinks this should most definitely not be a pack-in game. This game is clearly aimed at social party people, think I'm gonna be milking any cows in my house solo, hell nah. I would just be pissed I'd paid for this if it came included. FeelsBadMan

Ok, sure, valid reasons for it not to be a pack-in, but $50? I'm usually on the other side of this argument but for a game that doesn't use any actual on screen graphics, aside from prerecorded footage, and a tech demo for the new joycons, this should have at least been $20-$30. I'm a sucker for launch titles no matter what whacky ideas they have, but $50 for a pantomime game seems a little outlandish. At that point, I would have just prefered it to be a pack-in.

Also, 24 mini-games?! Man, for what that game is, and what you do, I expected 50+

KingBroly

Banned
If this was a pack-in with like 5 mini-games and they released 1 extra a week for $2, no one would complain. It'd also reach more people and probably make more money.

A Mario Party game has more than double of that amount. And don't say quality over quantity because most of these mini games look more like simple tech demos. Nintendo could use these concepts for a less barebones game

D3VI0US

At first I thought it should be a pack in too but then after seeing streams of the game I would only play it once or twice anyways. At least Wii Sports and Nintendoland were genuinely good games, 1 2 Switch is interesting conceptually but it just looks like half baked garbage to me. Personally I'd rather have a higher quality game packed in.

atmuh

I'm really curious what sales numbers for this game will look like. I would have to imagine they would be really low like if nintendoland wasn't packed in with the Wii U.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
at the very least it should be free with a set of joycons ala wii play

All the games we've seen so far require 2 Joycons max. How would it make sense for them to bundle the game with Joycons when the console itself already comes with the required amount?

Skittles

so this is like a new age Action 52? although i think that collection had more effort put into it than this. they should have done a warioware game at launch instead of this. would have shown more of what the console can do while still having loads of content.

If it has more than 20 games I'll be satisfied. Paid $85 for all 5 Breath of the Wild Amiibo and 1-2 Switch thanks to Best Buy GCU and Visa checkout deal.

Isn't the concept that it's a 2 player game? Getting drunk between two people sounds... well...

Two people being drunken idiots while everyone else laughs at them is how most of our shindigs go. It's fun. We used to have a blast with Warioware.

And we're doing Werewolf and stuff too, complete with bonfire. I just like to provide variety for everyone.

Amory

If this were $30 I might be tempted to give it a shot, especially with how few launch titles there are.

But at full price, they can fuck off. That's just wrong

I bought Feel the Magic at the DS launch, I am more than ready for 20 ish multiplayer minigames

I liked Feel The Magic but it was less expensive and wasn't multiplayer only (mostly?). There's no reason to play 1 2 Switch if you don't have friends over, and there doesn't seem to be anything resembling unlocks with it (which I think even Magic had). For $20 I'd buy this but it'd mostly be to test out HD Rumble.

meerak

Huh, that's cool. Way more than I expected. Thought it was six lol. In retrospect, I guess they never did say anything final during the presentation. Definitely makes this a more exciting / viable purchase. I can easily see playing this along with drawful, etc on one of "those" nights.

guek

Banned
Hmmm. What if it's actually a fun at parties? IGN's podcast was surprisingly positive on that possibility.

Totakeke

Hmmm. What if it's actually a fun at parties? IGN's podcast was surprisingly positive on that possibility.

My problem with that is that the games are too simple. Is it cool to roll the joycon around in your hand and experience marbles rolling around? Sure... for the first time or two. But it's the game serving the tech rather than the other way around.

guek

Banned
My problem with that is that the games are too simple. Is it cool to roll the joycon around in your hand and experience marbles rolling around? Sure... for the first time or two. But it's the game serving the tech rather than the other way around.

Sure. But it could be pretty great for drinking games.

Top Bottom