• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1.8 million votes were cast for the Smash ballot, more info might be coming

Ban Puncher

Combine for a single slot.

K4ses0G.gif

fhqwhgads

Voted for K Rool. Originally voted for Shantae.
That didn't work out for me so I'm back to begging for Dedede to get buffed in the next patch.

Not as many votes as I had expected, but at least I can seek comfort in knowing that Norman Reedus was def top 3 worldwide, considering they'll never reveal those stats.

L Thammy

TYPICAL. Incredible that saying "Mother 3" will get you banned from Miiverse in North America, too. I also had a dog named Boney and NoA claimed he bit them and the town made me put him down. Smh.

I mentioned that I played Mother 3 online once, and the Nintendo Ninjas came to my house and izuna dropped me. Now I can't hold a job anymore because of my injury. How will I pay for my grandmother's operation

If the series really went off the deep end and added John Cena, that would be the one and only addition I would be genuinely upset and salty over. I just can't stand the internet's obsession over him and the fad can't die soon enough. I'd rather have Shrek over him as far as the silly internet requests go.

I voted for Impa and Mike Jones in the ballot. Really hope we get more statistics regarding the ballot. Maybe he can at least share who the most popular ridiculous votes went toward.

Daingurse

dbz188-05.jpg

"Till the next Smash, bye bye everyone."

Very curious to know how Goku did lol. I'll vote for him and Shadow The Hedgehog again next game too, if given the opportunity.

A website where people could vote for the characters they would like to see as playable fighters in Smash. Starting in April 2015 and ending in October of the same year, we collected approximately 1.8 million votes worldwide (after removing blatantly duplicated or repeated votes).

I wonder who would have done that?

SalvaPot

I voted Wonder Red, but Bayonetta is an acceptable replacement. Also 1.8 votes its a lot of votes, I wonder if they just took all the votes that came from the same people or had some method to remove the extra ones.

Azure J

I've voted for Lip (Panel de Pon) and Sami (advance Wars). :(
I'm always hoping they'll appear as characters, but they never do.

Takamaru, Lip and the Inklings are my top 3 characters for any future Smash. I'll keep on doing my thing and hoping for them.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
This should be a proof (as though it needs any) that online polls are so small compared to the main poll and that using them as "qualifiers" shouldn't be used as proof that their character *coughKRoolcough* is "objectively" the most popular.

But of course those people wouldn't care.

the SSB series wasn't good enough for DIO anyway.....

we already had a sexier time stopper :p

Hylian7

Bayonetta deserved the win. I hope they reveal how many votes she got.

And maybe mention how much K. Rool and Wolf got just to get the internet in a tizzy

Tingle

This should be a proof (as though it needs any) that online polls are so small compared to the main poll and that using them as "qualifiers" shouldn't be used as proof that their character *coughKRoolcough* is "objectively" the most popular.

But of course those people wouldn't care.

I remember people tried to warn the online-poll users that they meant nothing in the Ballot thread, but they kept digging their heads in the sand.

People will forget this lesson the next Smash game, because they get too excited to think clearly, I suppose.

Hylian7

I remember people tried to warn the online-poll users that they meant nothing in the Ballot thread, but they kept digging their heads in the sand.

People will forget this lesson the next Smash game, because they get too excited to think clearly, I suppose.
It's like all the Sakurai rules.

"But Sakurai said no fighting game char..." "Here's Ryu and outfits for fighting game characters from other franchises."

"But Sakurai said no characters that didn't star in a game on a Nintendo plat..." "Here's Cloud"

"Bayonetta is too sexual for Smash, she had zero cha..." "Bayonetta gets wicked"

Tingle

It's like all the Sakurai rules.

"But Sakurai said no fighting game char..." "Here's Ryu and outfits for fighting game characters from other franchises."

"But Sakurai said no characters that didn't star in a game on a Nintendo plat..." "Here's Cloud"

"Bayonetta is too sexual for Smash, she had zero cha..." "Bayonetta gets wicked"

The rules were all true until they weren't :p

At this point, the only "rules" left I can think of are "No Ridley" and "Video game characters only", and I hope that second one is held, at least.

"Inklings are the only character with a realistic chance"

*inklings don't get in at all, here's cloud and bayonetta*

iamcenok

Will they be doing another ballot?

After reading the Manga a while back, and just finishing the anime.
Saitama would be a ridiculously stupid character for Smash but I want it.

Tingle

Will they be doing another ballot?

After reading the Manga a while back, and just finishing the anime.
Saitama would be a ridiculously stupid character for Smash but I want it.

DLC is done for Smash 4. So no more ballot. Also the ballot was up for months, doing another one probably would get similar results anyway.

mr_chun

I'm probably one of very few people that is disappointed about the exclusion of a Fire Emblem character. I voted for Lyndis and have been whining about her since Brawl.

I'm probably one of very few people that is disappointed about the exclusion of a Fire Emblem character. I voted for Lyndis and have been whining about her since Brawl.

For some reason I feel like if we got, say, Ephraim or Sigurd or Hector (i.e. non-sword users) instead of Roy or Lucina, people wouldn't have as much of a problem with the Fire Emblem representation.

GooeyHeat

Can't wait to be disappointed when I hear how few people voted for my main choices.

(Karate Joe from Rhythm Heaven and
Hornet from Daytona USA
)

Top Bottom