• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1 Hr Resident Evil Village Gold Edition Demo now available (Includes Third Person Mode)

cormack12

Gold Member

Last edited:

Rippa

Two things I hate about the TPS view in the demo:

I hate that the reticle stays on screen even without aiming. I hope this is a glitch and it goes away at release.

I also hate that Ethan holds his hand up while holding the Knife/Gun once equipped and without aiming.

I don’t know if it’s worth $20 but obviously that’s without playing the DLC portion.

Flabagast

The third person view is very bad.

It shows that TPS and FPS are (obviously) two fundamentally very different types of design and you cannot make one game that fits the two views in a satisfying way. Rockstar games show this as well (although in their cases it’s the first person view that is much much worse)

Aion002

Two things I hate about the TPS view in the demo:

I hate that the reticle stays on screen even without aiming. I hope this is a glitch and it goes away at release.

I also hate that Ethan holds his hand up while holding the Knife/Gun once equipped and without aiming.

I don’t know if it’s worth $20 but obviously that’s without playing the DLC portion.
If I am not mistaken you can remove the reticle, the game asks if you want it to stay on at the start.

Banned
Why did it need a third person mode again?

well it didn't have an FOV slider, leading to many people getting motion sick from the extremely narrow locked FOV of the game... (it was right at the edge for me personally)
I feel like having an FOV slider would have been the better and easier way to improve this for many but... yeah 🤷‍♂️

different topic entirely:
did anyone else notice how the 3rd person mode has way better stick aiming than the main game? like it feels WAY better for some reason. it's almost like they completely reprogrammed it for this.

Last edited:

Rykan

Why did it need a third person mode again?
Because Resident Evil going first person was a mistake and was only done to follow a trend. The series is now in an awkward position where some games are first person and some are third person. It's become so ridiculous that a First Person RE has DLC that can only be played in Third Person.

That's not to say that the first person RE games are bad, but they don't feel like RE at all.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
well it didn't have an FOV slider, leading to many people getting motion sick from the extremely narrow locked FOV of the game... (it was right at the edge for me personally)
I feel like having an FOV slider would have been the better and easier way to improve this for many but... yeah 🤷‍♂️

different topic entirely:
did anyone else notice how the 3rd person mode has way better stick aiming than the main game? like it feels WAY better for some reason. it's almost like they completely reprogrammed it for this.
On what platform?

Drizzlehell

Banned
A vocal minority didn't stop crying about how 1st person killed the series, despite RE7 being Capcom's second highest selling release of all time.
I don't think that it's too much of a stretch to say that in most cases the "vocal minority" consists of absolute brainlets.

Last edited:
To be fair, the game was built for first-person mode from scratch. It was never designed to be a third-person shooter game until Capcom decided to test the waters.
So, for a game that was built for FPS, it tried decently to make a third-person mode.

Banned
The same on ps5. 1st person is a bit more sluggish.
Disable acceleration

I mean turning off acceleration is the first thing I do in every game (if allowed)
but using the same settings I used playing the main game, this 3rd person mode feels better.

I think I have to try the original version again and see if I'm correct.

Mr Hyde

Tried the demo and loved it. Third person is the way to go in RE. Gonna start a new playthrough when the expansion drops. I gave up after Castle Dimitrescu. The game was awesome but it will be even more awesome in third person 😜

This is the single worst comment ever on Neogaf. Legit 0/10 tier.

It comes included with the DLC and Gold Edition and have you never heard of people suffering from motion sickness? Jesus Christ dude
Oh, the DLC and Special edition, you don't say? Not some free update to the game then? Hmmmmmmmmm

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
So I have the pc version and I am trying to decide if I want to get the dlc on steam or ps5. I would like to check out ps5 verison, dualsense, 3d audio and so on.
But ... I've seen somewhere that the DLC (the whole winters expansion so Rose + 3rd person?) is only a voucher in the box?! And the disc is just vanilla game ?!?!?! What are they thinking !!!!!
I would've hoped that at least 3rd person mode was on the disc.
If that's the case, then I can get the cheap vanilla village disc+dlc on psn quite a bit cheaper or just get it on pc and dont bother with this crap

Nankatsu

Question: will the gold edition have a free upgrade for the PSVR2 version or will you have to pay for it once again separately?

Top Bottom