• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1 million (Dragon Quest VII) shipped in the first 2 days

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Dragon Quest sold a lot? Who woulda thunk.

But seriously, that is quite a successful launch. Good on them.

edit: However, your link is not working.

Cwarrior

Square enix have license to be incompetent forever as long they have the dragon quest and ff brand(the last one to a lesser extent).

After animal crossing the 3ds has been on fire lately.

prwxv3

Hopefully 8 gets a remake soon. We need as many successful single player dragon quest remakes/re-releases to convince SE to make another singleplayer focused DQ :(

Sandfox

Pokemon and MH will both top this.

Between this and Monster Hunter I really just do not understand the Japanese gaming market.

More power to them for selling a ton of games though. :)

MH is the game they can play with friends and pretty much any other 3DS wherever they go and DQ is just the traditional RPG that probably got a bunch of people into the genre in the first place.

If activison made a remake of call of duty 1 don't think people in the west would floke to buy it.

If they remade the game with with updated graphics and online instead of MW4 it would sell just as well.

cvxfreak

Just for Japanese reference:

出荷本数 = shipment number
販売本数 = number sold
初週 = first week

The top item is used in the Famitsu news article. For a game like New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Famitsu reported actual first weeks sales and used the bottom two terminology in their report, along with concrete numbers. They also cited Enterbrain, rather than Nintendo. (Square Enix is cited in the DQVII shipment report).

Apparently first day sell-through for DQVII was at 50%, so it's sold at least 500K, and probably close to 1 million if it hasn't hit it already.

Just clearing things up!

thuway

I really wish Dragon Quest would do a little something to innovate on itself. It has become far too stale and predictable, but perhaps, this is what fans want.

Sandfox

I really wish Dragon Quest would do a little something to innovate on itself. It has become far too stale and predictable, but perhaps, this is what fans want.

They did change things up in IX but I think the fact that it stays the same is part of the appeal.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
edit: However, your link is not working.
Why is still the first post every time there's a Famitsu thread? The link works fine, Famitsu blocks incoming traffic from GAF. You need to either copy and paste the link or after clicking on OP's link, click your address bar to highlight the URL and hit enter to refresh.

Cipherr

This is a shipment number. Usually, for sales, Famitsu will quote Enterbrain figures.

This makes more sense. I knew it would do well, but 1m in two days is crazy. No way it sold that many that fast.

Square Enix is saved! Next 3 Lightning games have now been financed!

This on the other hand is probably painfully true. An influx of cash.... so they can burn it on shitty FF games.

GG.

iGeodude

Hopefully 8 gets a remake soon. We need as many successful single player dragon quest remakes/re-releases to convince SE to make another singleplayer focused DQ :(

Hopefully they release a DQ 1, 2 and 3 remake on one cartridge. I never really got into the DQ series and the originals are too old for me to play.

Top Bottom