• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10-12 year Xbox marketing leaders leaving right before XB1 launch

Update:
Looks like she doesn't have any real/insider knowledge about this.

https://twitter.com/trixie360/status/399937708031631360

BgpWs8u.png

Twitter

Did a little digging into who she is, and I see IGN lists her as:

Christa Charter is a veteran of the video game industry who has held roles in a variety of different aspects of the business. Charter (previously known as Christa Phillips) is best known for her role as Xbox Live Community Manager for Microsoft.

Charter is currently "Queen Bitch" at marketing/consulting company Words with Trixie

http://www.ign.com/stars/christa-charter

Wanted to see if LinkedIn gives me any results that conform to that, apparently she's heavily involved in marketing both with Amazon Kindle and a slew of other companies. There's also a picture of her with Peter Moore. People that viewed her profile also view people like Eric Doty, Xbox Community Strategist at Microsoft, Major Nelson, John Lowe Executive Producer on Xbox Live, J Allard, etc. Also lives in Redmond, WA.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/christa-charter/2/695/5a3

People are definitely feeling they're on shaky ground at Xbox I guess. Sounds about right with Elop's proposal to sell the division off if he's CEO. Sucks for the people involved though :-/

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I don't think 10-12 people are leaving, it's people who have been involved with Xbox for 10-12 years.

Which frankly strikes me as worse.

I don't think 10-12 people are leaving, it's people who have been involved with Xbox for 10-12 years.

Which frankly strikes me as worse.

This is how I interpreted it, too. People who've been there since the beginning might not like the direction it's going, maybe.

Miles X

"People are definitely feeling they're on shaky ground at Xbox I guess. Sounds about right with Elop's proposal to sell the division off if he's CEO. Sucks for the people involved though :-/ "

Gees really?? Lets not throw out the possibility this is status quo for whatever reason (like their work being done and all the adverts/marketing is done and simply ready for release)

Danny 117

Thought everyone knew who trixie was? She was pretty high profile during the early years of the 360.

Not so strange that marketing vets are leaving, probably cause the marketing has been terrible for Xbox One.

Omega

Banned
I always wondered what happened to her. She used to have a little show or whatever on the 360 dashboard, then she had a kid and was replaced by Tina Wood I think. it was supposed to be temporary but she ended up never coming back

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
What a shitstorm. Literally, Everyday more bad news for the platform. Yes, Literally. Not figuratively.

Litterally.

Well, considering how HORRIBLE the Xbox Division has been at marketing the Xbox One these past several months, it's probably GOOD that they're leaving.

They need to change their identity if they want to compete for the next Decade on the console.

Phreaker

I remember Trixie… from back in the day when I listened to Major Nelson's podcast and she used to be on. She was also in videos on the 360 dashboard.

This isn't really surprising to me considering just how badly PR and Marketing has been for the X1 over the last 6 months. They have completely lost control of the narrative.

Whomever is taking over has a huge mess on their hands.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Unless it's more than one or two it's probably just natural staff churn.

Chalk it up as another Sony/PS3/2006 parallel though. Does remind me of reports at the time about how veteran Sony PR people were supposedly jumping ship pre-PS3 launch.

"People are definitely feeling they're on shaky ground at Xbox I guess. Sounds about right with Elop's proposal to sell the division off if he's CEO. Sucks for the people involved though :-/ "

Gees really?? Lets not throw out the possibility this is status quo for whatever reason (like their work being done and all the adverts/marketing is done and simply ready for release)
Right, it's so normal yet the Xbox Live Community Manager find sit so odd. Their jobs don't end when the product launches lol.

Mesoian

Well, considering how HORRIBLE the Xbox Division has been at marketing the Xbox One these past several months, it's probably GOOD that they're leaving.

They need to change their identity if they want to compete for the next Decade on the console.

Fucking word. Xbox One marketing has been terrible basically since day 1. It's more important to find people who understand the strengths of the brand to lead going forward, but this is no huge loss.

Also:

Charter is currently "Queen Bitch" at marketing/consulting company Words with Trixie.

My god, are you actively trying to not have fortune 500 clients?

Hoo-doo

Banned
Title is missing "year".

Which kind of makes it seem even worse. Xbox veterans jumping ship right before a launch like this is very odd.

sn00zer

Well since the marketing materials for the launch are done I cant imagine its anything worse than they are done with what they were hired to do

This isn't really surprising to me considering just how badly PR and Marketing has been for the X1 over the last 6 months. They have completely lost control of the narrative.

Whomever is taking over has a huge mess on their hands.

Unless of course the new CEO they appoint decides to sell the Xbox Brand altogether to Valve or Google...

Then, no more problems for Microsoft's gaming division!

They can FINALLY focus on PC OS'es and Gaming again.

jaypah

Hey, weird place to ask but what happened to the nice lady who used to do the Kinect videos on the Xbox 360? Is she still in video games?

Top Bottom