• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 Best Recent Video Game DLCs That Are Worth Your Time

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

While once it was a novelty, post-launch support for video games has now become the norm, and developers routinely add to their games and continue to expand them after their releases.

From steady drips of quality of life improvements to major new content additions, there was plenty of that in 2020 as well. Here, we'll be talking about the ten best expansions of the year.

Belmonte

Ghost of Tsushima: Legends
Metro Exodus: Sam's Story
Control: AWE
Destiny 2: Beyond Light
Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath
Gears of War 5: Hivebusters
Remnant: From the Ashes - Subject 2923
Borderlands 3: Psycho Krieg
Pokémon S and S: The Crown Thunder
World of Warcraft: Shadowlands

Best according to them: Gears of War 5: Hivebusters.

The only one I played was Subject 2923. I was expecting more changes to the game, perhaps some new mechanics, but I liked the new areas and bosses.

Tschumi

I loved the expansions for deadfire... Let me play it longer... Didn't help with ship combat i guess, but to be honest I've skipped ship to ship combat for 100% of my time playing the game so i don't actually know, first hand, what the big deal is there :p

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Ghost of Tsushima: Legends
Metro Exodus: Sam's Story
Control: AWE
Destiny 2: Beyond Light
Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath
Gears of War 5: Hivebusters
Remnant: From the Ashes - Subject 2923
Borderlands 3: Psycho Krieg
Pokémon S and S: The Crown Thunder
World of Warcraft: Shadowlands

Best according to them: Gears of War 5: Hivebusters.

The only one I played was Subject 2923. I was expecting more changes to the game, perhaps some new mechanics, but I liked the new areas and bosses.

Glad to hear Hivebusters was considered the best. It's the only one out of that list I played but it was awesome and I doubt any other DLC would measure up to it.

OZ9000

Banned
I can't believe Doom Eternal Ancient Gods isn't up there. It's better than all of the above-mentioned as far as I am concerned

xrnzaaas

Control has very good expansions. Both of them offer lots of cool new stuff (locations, enemies, weapons etc.) and they have good storylines assuming you're into Control's lore (and that you know / liked Alan Wake). :)

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I’m happy people enjoy DLC but it always feels like a developer going after your wallets throat.

Top Bottom