• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10+ Dead in White-supremacy motivated massacre in Buffalo, NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sigh... piece of shit better not get off light. don't they fucking dare throw some mentally unstable shit to get him into some mental hospital or something.

oh a side note, how much you wanta bet that some law maker will come out after this and try to make some new law against live streaming instead of regulating firearm?

Urban

I hope they put them in a prison where he is not isolated and the other prisoners do the rest.

how the hell did they catch him alive?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Is there any info on why he chose Buffalo NY? I read he was from another county in NY but NY is a large state, I’m curious why he chose Buffalo to do this.

Also curious if he was ever on an FBI watch list at any time.

I guess more will come in the coming days and weeks. RIP to all the victims.

Is there any info on why he chose Buffalo NY? I read he was from another county in NY but NY is a large state, I’m curious why he chose Buffalo to do this.

There are apparently some sites out there that have “target locations” with high black population. It’s not confirmed he was on any of these pages (assuming they do in fact exist), but, that’s something I’ve read.

He has been involved with police before for threatening comments to shoot up a school a little while back.

It always blows my mind reading that kind of shit after, I mean, no fucking issues here??? We just let the guy continue living his life and now people are dead.

I’m a Buffalo gal, this enrages me greatly just on a personal level. Hits different when it’s in your neck of the woods.

America needs to start lining up these assholes and blowing their brains out.

reksveks

sigh... piece of shit better not get off light. don't they fucking dare throw some mentally unstable shit to get him into some mental hospital or something.

oh a side note, how much you wanta bet that some law maker will come out after this and try to make some new law against live streaming instead of regulating firearm?

Could be worse if this attorney is right?

Could be worse if this attorney is right?

I feel Twitch saying they removed the video is probably just from public viewing. they would most likely still have the files and able to provide it to the authorities if need to. plus shooting people and killing them definitely falls under some kinda violation of media law I imagine. you can also argue that because the act is racially motived, it would in turn incite violence of similar type. and isn't it in NY? does TX law have any pull on this anyway if it's in some other state?

Last edited:

reksveks

I feel Twitter saying they removed the video is probably just from public viewing. they would most likely still have the files and able to provide it to the authorities if need to. and isn't it in NY? does TX law have any pull on this anyway if it's in some other state?
Under the texan law, tech companies couldnt pull the video off the public feed at the moment using their moderation policy.

Yeah, they would be able to share it with the policy.

Regarding the moderation situation, as a tech company you would have to have either implement that policy nationwide or create a second system for Texas (and Florida).

its a shitty law written up really quickly and badly with a major flaw it seems.

Last edited:
Under the texan law, tech companies couldnt pull the video off the public feed at the moment using their moderation policy.

Yeah, they would be able to share it with the policy.

Regarding the moderation situation, as a tech company you would have to have either implement that policy nationwide or create a second system for Texas (and Florida)

oh well, I imagine/hope TX won't be crazy enough to try to go after Twitch because of this (but these days, who knows). oh a side note, maybe just cutting TX and FL out of some of these medias outright won't be a bad idea either... :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Saw this and avoided the news ever since.

Heinous shit. I sincerely hope the death penalty is available.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Looks like another one of those camo-militia dudes who think think they are like the rebels in Red Dawn.

Untitled-design-166.png
Wait they caught him alive? Man that must be an additional slap in the face of POC , knowing that you get murdered for selling fags on the street but not after you mow down innocent people with an AR.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I’m European, not saying there’s not crazy people all over the world because these types of thing happens everywhere.
But sadly, shootings seen “normal” in the USA!

To also put into perspective, since Brazil passed a law of personal gun ownership, mass shootings skyrocketed!
I would say it's way more than that. In Switzerland, pretty much everyone has a gun and on the top of that, people there speak different languages and from what I've gathered, since my GF has their parents there, they definitely do not like anyone and they are pretty xenophobic there. Basically even an Ausländers are seen as a threat to their glorious nation. People probably remember that Oprah Winfrey incident from there.

Yet, no shootings.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

I saw the vid online, just before the feed ends he points his gun at a white guy screaming next to a checkout and he says "sorry" and runs on without shooting the guy.

Just saw it on Reddit and that really got me too wtf. Concealed carry wouldn’t do shit against this if the security guard is any indication. With body armor and a helmet or face shield easily bought online he could have done even more damage if he’d run away to another location in time.

The frustrating part is apparently he had run ins with the law and fits the profile of the FBIs study of mass shooters.

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/pre-attack-behaviors-of-active-shooters-in-us-2000-2013.pdf/view

Last edited:

DKehoe

Gold Member
Horrible. My condolences to the families. Just horrific to imagine your family members being killed out of nowhere in such a senseless manner.

Sophist

I have skimmed his 180 pages "manifesto". Most of it is propaganda/meme pictures and technical details of his fight gears, it's literally a caricature straight from 4chan. He even rants about Crypto and FIAT currencies being a scam from the jews while gold and silver are the only real "money". He carefully planned his attack, drew a plan of the super market and all.

BigBooper

Wait they caught him alive? Man that must be an additional slap in the face of POC , knowing that you get murdered for selling fags on the street but not after you mow down innocent people with an AR.
This narrative needs to die, from every race. It just fuels uninformed tension. The subway shooter last month wasn't gunned down either. Fact is, when you surrender to the police, they don't walk up and execute you regardless of your skin tone.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
The black guy shooter seemed radicalised by BLM.

I could imagine this guy could have been radicalised from the fallout from that.

It sadly seems like we're going to get a lot more of this due to how the conversation around race has been hijacked so badly by extremists in the instiutions, government, media etc...
Exactly, I see dozens of these militia guys in their trucks with WP signs per day here. This would have been unthinkable 10 years ago. The only black family moved after being scared. And yes I expect it to get worse.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
it's both, they both feed to each other

In Switzerland, pretty much everyone has a gun and on the top of that, people there speak different languages and from what I've gathered, since my GF has their parents there, they definitely do not like anyone and they are pretty xenophobic there. Basically even an Ausländers are seen as a threat to their glorious nation. People probably remember that Oprah Winfrey incident from there.

Yet, no shootings.

:pie_thinking:

Teslerum

I would say it's way more than that. In Switzerland, pretty much everyone has a gun and on the top of that, people there speak different languages and from what I've gathered, since my GF has their parents there, they definitely do not like anyone and they are pretty xenophobic there. Basically even an Ausländers are seen as a threat to their glorious nation. People probably remember that Oprah Winfrey incident from there.

Yet, no shootings.
Thanks for the stereotyping. Also Oprah Winfrey literary insulted a swiss person for not knowing her. That's the incident. Newsflash: There are plenty of people in Switzerland that don't know every American celebrity. Regardless of how big they think they are. Sorry if that's a crime.

This isn't a US situation at all, btw. A lot of people (Faaar from all) have firearms for various reasons:

- Military Service
- Gun Club, which is more based in a sport sense than other equivalents (Schützeverein)
- Work (Ranger and so on)

You don't get gifted guns here at Christmas or get them thrown after us while we are shopping. The culture isn't remotely the same. If something like that is found it makes the news, because its an exception, not the rule.

Last edited:

sCHOCOLATE

Why don't mass shooters ever go after the elites who caused the division?

Why is it always a grocery store, concert, airport, college...
People like to go after low hanging fruit (least amount of effort/resistance). Whether it's a "civil" debate or a mass casualty event, they choose the easiest way to get the "result" they want.
When was the last time we've seen an act of domestic terrorism (initiated) on a military base?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Thanks for the stereotyping. Also Oprah Winfrey literary insulted a swiss person for not knowing here. That's the incident. Newsflash: There are plenty of people in Switzerland that don't know american celebrities. So, get off the high horse.

This isn't a US situation at all, btw. A lot of people (Faaar from all) have firearms for various reasons:

- Military Service
- Gun Club, which is more based in a sport sense than other equivalents (Schützeverein)
- Work (Ranger and so on)

You don't get gifted guns here at Christmas or get them thrown after us while. The culture isn't remotely the same. If something like that is found it makes the news, because its an exception, not the rule.
Yeah, well I just wanted to give one example and I don't know any other country which has that many guns, I am sure we here have a lot of bad situations too, but thankfully not that many guns, so they will be the solution for resolving conflict.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
what part of "they both feed off each other" was that difficult to understand exactly?
are US ans swiss culture and history alike in any way?

Insane person that wants to go on a rampage will go on a rampage. They don't need guns. Look at Nice and how much damage a simple truck can do. What part of that is difficult for you to understand?

Don't blame guns, blame the culture.

Go_Ly_Dow

The US but also the West in general is in trouble. A very vocal and growing minority, of lunatics, many in powerful positions, University professors, teachers, boardroom. execs, media presenters are quickly dividing society through radicalist ideas, such as social justice. It almost seems too far gone now for a reversal to occur anytime soon.

Its taken away a lot of the rationalism from our socetites. Fair and civil discourse is dying on many pressing issues and being engulfed in anger that has been stirred up in people. At this point, I don't think a certain state having a death penalty is going to deter very angry people from doing very bad things.

Our societies are failing. In the US, here in the UK and across Europe too. There is clear regression on multiple fronts from the values that built up our societies to a point of greatness that was admired by the rest of the world.

Increasing divorce rates, increasing abortion rates, youth apathy, Internet addiction, increasing drug addiction / deaths, children involved in crime, increasing violent crime, increasing obesity, communities divided by race, and loss of tradition. Its all in the data and in our faces. I have little faith things will improve in the next few decades, as there's little conversation going on about these things, but I'd love to be wrong.

Apologies for the depressing post. Keep good morals and habits, keep up healthy relations with people you can trust and we can still carve out a good life for ourselves amongst all this chaos.

Last edited:

I mean even if he was on the FBI watch list they wouldn't have done anything about it. The shooter in Boulder Colorado had been watched for months and still carried out his attack. The most useless law enforcement agency we have.

Jennings

The US but also the West in general is in trouble. A very vocal and growing minority, of lunatics, many in powerful positions, University professors, teachers, boardroom. execs, media presenters are quickly dividing society through radicalist ideas, such as social justice. It almost seems too far gone now for a reversal to occur anytime soon.

Its taken away a lot of the rationalism from our socetites. Fair and civil debate is dying on many pressing issues and being engulfed in anger that has been stirred up in people. At this point, I don't think a certain state having a death penalty is going to deter very angry people from doing very bad things.

Our societies are failing. In the US, here in the UK and across Europe too. There is clear regression on multiple fronts from the values that built up our societies to a point of greatness that was admired by the rest of the world.

Increasing divorce rates, increasing abortion rates, youth apathy, Internet addiction, increasing drug addiction / deaths, children involved in crime, increasing violent crime, increasing obesity, communities divided by race, and loss of tradition. Its all in the data and in our faces. I have little faith things will improve in the next few decades, as there's little conversation going on about these things, but I'd love to be wrong.

Apologies for the depressing post. Keep good morals and habits, keep up healthy relations with people you can trust and we can still carve out a good life for ourselves amongst all this chaos.
Did you just blame education and social justice on a racially charged mass shooting perpetrated by a white supremacist?

0 crtitical thinking skills, and spending too much time on internet shitholes.
Even his manifesto is copy pasted.

Hopefully prison guards turns a blind eye when he gets his ass beat.

Go_Ly_Dow

Did you just blame education and social justice on a racially charged mass shooting perpetrated by a white supremacist?
Certainly not blame. But point out the current state of discourse on such issues has fractured an already troubled society which certainly does not help the situation. With the likely outcome being angrier people on both sides of the spectrum with distorted patterns of thinking looking to commit horrible acts of terror.

What brings about racial supremacists and does the current state of the culture and discourse contribute to their distorted beliefs - is what may need to be tackled to get closer to the root of the problem.

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
For some reason I watched the video. Absolutely horrible and anger inducing. The first person shot could have literally been anybody anywhere in this country. Imagine walking out of a store, a car door opens, and you are gone. Sickening.

0 crtitical thinking skills, and spending too much time on internet shitholes.
Even his manifesto is copy pasted.

Hopefully prison guards turns a blind eye when he gets his ass beat.
Yep, easily manipulated by the media (in this case right wing media) and visits sites that are not moderated where vile shit is posted daily. Probably had 0 social skills and looks like a loner.

Jennings

Certainly not blame. But point out the current state of discourse on such issues has fractured an already troubled society which certainly does not help the situation. With the likely outcome being angrier people on both sides of the spectrum with distorted patterns of thinking looking to commit horrible acts of terror.

What brings about racial supremacists and does the current state of the culture and discourse contribute to their distorted beliefs - is what may need to be tackled to get closer to the root of the problem.
I disagree with everything you've said in your two posts. I'm not interested in turning a news & mourning thread into a political debate about your perceptions so I'll leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom