• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 Films to See In April (what are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Seeing Cap this weekend. Really hoping I can catch Under the Skin as well, looks fascinating. Grand Budapest just came to my town, I've read only great things about it.

Trailer for Only Lovers Left Alive looked awfully corny, despite me liking what I've seen of Jarmusch's work. Dead Man is terrific.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Captain America and Raid 2.

But thanks for putting Blue Ruin on my radar that looks cool.

Raxus

Cap 2, The Raid and Grand Budapest Hotel (going today!) will round out my films for the month.

I will rent Under the Skin and Blue Ruin. Both look interesting but I doubt they would come to my city :(

Amagon

Definitely The Raid 2 and Captain without a doubt this month. Will like to catch Only Lovers Left Alive if I can remember it later this month.

Whats the opening Summer blockbuster that is going to open in May?

Oof, sorry I put Joe so high. I just got back from a screening. It's a laughably miserable experience and a low point for David Gordon Green. Tye Sheridan at least emerges unscathed.

Raid 2 wasn't in this month's list because it was technically released last month.

Yeah, and there's no way I would even put it on last month's list since it is terrible.

Definitely The Raid 2 and Captain without a doubt this month. Will like to catch Only Lovers Left Alive if I can remember it later this month.

Whats the opening Summer blockbuster that is going to open in May?

The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Sony is really worried since it's tracking and testing so bad. Can't imagine it's worse than its predecessor.

Cap 2, The Raid and Grand Budapest Hotel (going today!) will round out my films for the month.

I will rent Under the Skin and Blue Ruin. Both look interesting but I doubt they would come to my city :(

Blue Ruin will be on VOD the day it hits theaters, woot! You'll have to wait longer for Under the Skin though.

Had no idea they were related! I actually saw and loved Leviathan last year.

Yeah, it's not the same directors, but same lab that works on them and they are clearly intertwined.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Sony is really worried since it's tracking and testing so bad. Can't imagine it's worse than its predecessor.

Haha oh wow this movie is going to be really, really bad, isn't it? I just saw the first one recently and thought it was hot garbage.

God I hope the X-Men movie is at least decent but that's probably a fool's wish, too.

lupinko

Watching frozen, cap winter soldier and asm2.

Not much I can pick from here in Japan, this is one of the only things I miss about North America.

asm2 doesn't look too good but it will probably be the biggest blockbuster of the summer.

dat spiderman name. do people realize how much the first made?

all look interesting, definitely down for Joe, Transcendence, and Only Lovers Left Alive. i'll be seeing the Raid 2 as well, it expands in a week

Fjordson

Definitely want to see Only Lovers Left Alive. Also, Jodorowsky's Dune opens in my city today so I'm very excited to watch that. I've heard it's great.

UberTag

There's a whole lot of TIFF love in that OP. I can at least recommend Joe; actually preferred it over Mud... but I may be in the minority on that one.
Given the unadulterated praise in here, I should probably refrain from commenting on Blue Ruin. It failed to win me over.

This month is all about The Raid 2: Redemption for me. As soon as it hits a local theater, that is.

Alpende

Interested in

Dom Hemingway
Locke
Under the Skin.

The first one is already available on the internet, so that's pretty sweet. I'll watch Cap. 'Murica eventually.

Atrophis

Noah and The Raid 2. My first trips to the cinema this year, I'm slacking.

Crying that there is no UK release for Jodorowsky's Dune :(

Necrovex

When is the full, uncut version of Nymphomaniac supposed to be released? I recall reading that version will be like five hours long.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Haha oh wow this movie is going to be really, really bad, isn't it? I just saw the first one recently and thought it was hot garbage.

God I hope the X-Men movie is at least decent but that's probably a fool's wish, too.

The Amazing Spider-Man was hot garbage? Some of you really don't know how bad some things are, and are really shitty at just saying that you disliked the movie. It was far from "hot garbage". Want hot garbage? Go watch The Room.

Uh the room is a better film than anything that will release this summer. Or at least it will have more lasting appeal. And this is coming from a singer xmen fan

Masterpiece dramedy

I absolutely loved "Joe". Surprised you thought it was a miserable experience Expendable. Very sad and hard to watch at times for sure, but I came away from it feeling uplifted. Best cage movie I've seen in years and his performance was amazing.

I had no idea who the actor was playing the drunk father (g-dawwg) but I was pretty blown away by the performance. Turns out he was actually a homeless alcoholic before getting the role and died shortly on the streets after filming concluded. Pretty crazy.

linsivvi

Watched:
Young and Beautiful - It was alright, typical François Ozon
Nymphomaniac back to back - It's alright as well but far from his best work

Want to watch:
Only Lovers Left Alive - Got ticket to it but couldn't make it. Probably will watch it at a later time.
Chinese Puzzle - Just can't say no to Audrey Tautou

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So I watched Nymphomaniac straight through.
It was actually pretty amazing, something I didn't really expect since all the hype has just been about how graphic and daring it is. I really liked it, the characters were great and I felt a lot of empathy for everyone on screen. It also succeeded in not being titillating. I'm in love with Charlotte Gainsburg but nothing about this movie was arousing.

It was just a really good movie. Harrowing at times but also very playful. Some of the violence made me kinda squint my eyes a little bit, but the film was quite a bit more tame than I had been led to expect.

Definitely worth watching. And very very appropriate for this current time in culture. Joe's monologue at the Sex Addiction Group really makes you want to pump your fist and cheer her on, but at the same time she is such a rotten individual. But I see a lot of myself in her qualities, and I think most everyone would.

Abdozer

I absolutely loved "Joe". Surprised you thought it was a miserable experience Expendable. Very sad and hard to watch at times for sure, but I came away from it feeling uplifted. Best cage movie I've seen in years and his performance was amazing.

I had no idea who the actor was playing the drunk father (g-dawwg) but I was pretty blown away by the performance. Turns out he was actually a homeless alcoholic before getting the role and died shortly on the streets after filming concluded. Pretty crazy.

I agree, I thought Joe was great, Cage really does put on a great performance in this movie, as well as the kid, G-Dawg/Wade was really good, I read somewhere that a relative of the late actor said that's how he really was in real life. Pretty crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom