• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 Films to See In May (what are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viggo Mortensen is starring in some exceptionally powerful movies...he's prime for receiving the Oscar. Probably this year or the next.
That reminds me, I should see Jauja. It's now on VOD here in UK so I can watch it that way. Looks stunning, it's described as slow cinema, so I'm there.

mreddie

Also, I need Mad Max to be good because I liked Avengers, Furious 7 and Kingsman, every movie not those 3 have been awful. Just argh.

Ah, yes. Ex Machina should now be mostly in wide release. Seek it out.

Avengers is popular, so film sites like the one linked in the OP obviously won't like it.

They've gotta be contrarian and not include the most hyped movie of the year as a must-see in its own month.

I've seen it. If it was good, I would have included. It is far from that. This is a list of the best movies I've already seen or ones that have great promise, not a ranked order of the highest marketing budget.

Why isn't Paul Blart Ball Cop 2 on the list? :(

That was last month! It got all ten spots.

Far From Men sounds rad, why haven't I heard about this?

It's also on VOD now!

That reminds me, I should see Jauja. It's now on VOD here in UK so I can watch it that way. Looks stunning, it's described as slow cinema, so I'm there.

Jauja is so fantastic, really will stick with you.

Viggo Mortensen is starring in some exceptionally powerful movies...he's prime for receiving the Oscar. Probably this year or the next.

I agree on the first part, but he could give zero fucks about Oscar movies. Doubt he'll ever get one.

jett

D-Member
Middling entertainment is the perfect qualifier for Avengers. I guess the other May movie I'll be watching will be Mad Max.

Mad Max: Fury Road is all that matters. It is everything.

It is life. It is love.

It will also likely flop, but the fact that I get to see this in theaters is so satisfying. Assuming miller actually pulled it off

Viggo been doing a lot of foreign movies lately. It helps that he speaks like 4 different languages but I want him to come back to cronenberg for one more too

cj_iwakura

Slow West seems interesting, not too psyched for the rest.

Tomorrowland just seems uninspired, especially for a Bird film.

RusselUp

A fun month ahead. Already watched Avengers 2 but also looking forward to Mad Max, Tomorrowland (hopefully) and Aloha.

Quake1028

Theaters
Avengers: Age of Ultron IMAX 3D
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D
San Andreas 3D

Eventually
Tomorrowland
Aloha
Slow West

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom