• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 Great JRPGs Released on the WRONG CONSOLE

b6a6es

Banned
Ok, so if I understand, anything that did not launch on Playstation launched on the wrong console.

Also, people should take note that Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery and Blue Dragon are playable on current gen consoles because they actually launched on the right console. And it is also the case of the FF XIII trilogy.
lol they`re not even available on Gamepass

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
More competition on PS2 it was the JRPG machine.
Then the games in the video did release on the right console, after all. Otherwise they would’ve been swallowed in the mare magnum of the PS2 library, and even fewer people would be talking about them now.

You know a JRPG that released on the wrong console?
Golden Sun.
Because seriously, apart from games like Advance Wars that weren’t technically ambitious and were perfectly fit for a handheld, pretty much every good game released on that turd of a hardware was wasted. At least they could be emulated earlier than if they were home console releases, but still.

Oberstein

I will say SMT IV on the 3DS. What a terrible hardware.

After so many years of waiting for a canonical episode of the series, it had to be on the 3DS... it's time for a remake, Atlus! Wake up!

Last edited:

AlexxKidd

Ok, so if I understand, anything that did not launch on Playstation launched on the wrong console.

Also, people should take note that Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery and Blue Dragon are playable on current gen consoles because they actually launched on the right console. And it is also the case of the FF XIII trilogy.

Yes you are understanding it correctly. Any great console JRPG that did not launch on a Sony or Nintendo platform in the last 25 years launched on the wrong platform.

basically any JRPG on Xbox was a mistake

close thread

fight punch GIF

Top Bottom