• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 years ago today, METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE was released on February 19th, 2013

BryceNobody

RULES OF NATURE

reRKYiD.gif

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
3 or 4 times and then never touched it again.

It was 4 hours my first playthrough and just over an hour my second, third & fourth playthrough skipping cutscenes.

I did all left hands and other annoying stuff on the game.

It was a fun game, but I was a little disappointed the quality felt all over the place.

Bosses & music were the highlights.

I remember this and DmC releasing around the same time and inexplicably berating myself for looking forward to a Raiden game over one with Dante.

But my gut instinct was kinda right, ultimately.

Banned
People like to shit on QTEs but honestly, this game wouldn't be same without them.

in arcade style games QTEs fit very well imo.
and they kinda had them since before there was even a name for them.

how many arcade games had "wiggle around the arcade stick" moments for example, or "mash attack" moments?

it's all about the context of the game's design imo, QTEs can be really fun.

Last edited:

poodaddy

Really enjoyed the game. Not the biggest fan of poppy radio friendly butt rock, so can't say I enjoyed the soundtrack as much as most, but I've finished it a total of 4 times between PC, PS3, and 360 versions, and that includes all the DLC as well. Great game that's made even better by playing on mute with some proper metal on to avoid the awful voice acting and sub par soundtrack.

Also, what a waste killing off
Jetstream Sam
so quickly. Probably the funnest and most charismatic character in the entire Metal Gear series, and they took em out on his first appearance. Goofy man.

wvnative

I really hope a remaster is being worked on. One of my favorite games of all time, imo this game is a shining example of what video games should strive for, just pure fun.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Eh, it was fine. It was like, what if we took a metal gear game and turned it into a budget action game.

Last edited:

Krathoon

I got the plasma lamp and then it broke. I still got it. I wish I could find someone to fix it.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
in arcade style games QTEs fit very well imo.
and they kinda had them since before there was even a name for them.

how many arcade games had "wiggle around the arcade stick" moments for example, or "mash attack" moments?

it's all about the context of the game's design imo, QTEs can be really fun.

Those weren’t really Quick Time Events though. They were gameplay related, like shake the stick back and forth to break the grasp of an enemy, or mash a button to increase a power meter of some sort.

QTEs as we have today are press button to watch cinematics of game playing itself.

I agree that they can be fun though. I saw them for the first time in Die Hard Arcade, and liked them.

Neo_GAF

Banned
absolute GOAT.
this and okami are the pinnacle of gaming for me.
nothing comes close.

revengeance and asuras wrath need successors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom