• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

101st Indianapolis 500 - May 28th |OT| We Got Bigger Crowds than Trump's Inauguration

Terrific fun for my first Indy 500, great race. Wish RHR and Alonso had been in the mix at the end but hey. Super happy that Takuma won, I really loved watching him in F1 in the mid 2000s.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
I am so happy for Sato, he was toiling in IndyCar's midpack teams for years including nearly winning the Indy 500 in 2012 and now he gets to show what he can do on a top team!

Thanks everyone for joining me in watching the Indy race today! I hope you guys will catch some some more IndyCar races here and there, if not hope to see you back next year.

Theorry

I am so happy for Sato, he was toiling in IndyCar's midpack teams for years including nearly winning the Indy 500 in 2012 and now he gets to show what he can do on a top team!

Thanks everyone for joining me in watching the Indy race today! I hope you guys will catch some some more IndyCar races here and there, if not hope to see you back next year.

Power of F1 fans joining for this race. Boosted Sato. :D

Line_HTX

Yeah, I must admit I was actually tuning in because Alonso was participating. Don't know what happened that made him step away from F1, but just his name made me remember to tune in.

Kind of unusual to see a rookie designation next to his name though, haha

I loved his crew was waving the ���� flag behind him.

I know, right? Wave that giant Japan flag! Hahaha

BearPawB

Banned
Yeah, I must admit I was actually tuning in because Alonso was participating. Don't know what happened that made him step away from F1, but just his name made me remember to tune in.

Kind of unusual to see a rookie designation next to his name though, haha

he stepped away for one race...not forever

thefro

I think we normally post in the Motorsports Community thread for the other races.

Patrick S.

Banned

Make a thread, I'll be there, and I'll bring popcorn :)

DA8JEiDXkAAVVZi.jpg:large

Mastah

Yeah, I had fun and I'm wondering if this was an especially good Indycar race or if this level of excitement is common.

This was quite good race, but damn, watch highlights or even better, whole race in Texas last year. It was simply INSANE, 3-4 wide for several laps and super close finish with sparks flying everywhere. The most instense Indycar experience I've ever had.

So I've finished watching: the Nürburgring 24 hours, Monaco GP, and Indy 500. All that's left for this weekend is the Coca Cola 600 for NASCAR.

I woke up from a nap and thought "hey, I wonder how Alonso is doing," and but a lap after I change the channel his engine blows. There is no way someone could make a case to me that a well-intentioned deity exists on this earth. Millions of people around the world laughed about it for weeks and then it happened anyway.

Quality of Indycar is pretty good these days, but the city and road courses don't have anywhere near this level of excitement.

Honda in the odd position of having a Japanese driver win with a Japanese engine at the same time their best PR stunt of the year is a catastrophic failure.

Branson

I'm glad it seems like most of the F1 fans who came over to watch this had fun. Usually one of the top American Motorsport oval races of the year. Indy Car can be a fun series.

CrayToes

I'm glad it seems like most of the F1 fans who came over to watch this had fun. Usually one of the top American Motorsport oval races of the year. Indy Car can be a fun series.

Yeah it was my first time properly watching Indy because of Alonso. I can definitely appreciate the sport a lot more now and will tune in next year at the same time.

Glad Fernando made a good impression. He was never going to finish though.

Line_HTX

I woke up from a nap and thought "hey, I wonder how Alonso is doing," and but a lap after I change the channel his engine blows. There is no way someone could make a case to me that a well-intentioned deity exists on this earth. Millions of people around the world laughed about it for weeks and then it happened anyway.

Quality of Indycar is pretty good these days, but the city and road courses don't have anywhere near this level of excitement.

Honda in the odd position of having a Japanese driver win with a Japanese engine at the same time their best PR stunt of the year is a catastrophic failure.

Yeah, that's gotta be awkward for Alonso and company.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Just noticed the podium: Japan, Brazil, United Arab Emirates.

The world is beating America at their own game! But seriously, I like having this diverse a field in IndyCar. I hope it changes the perception of IndyCar just being some weird American thing.

Fox Mulder

Honda fucking sucks in f1 and he wanted a break. He'll be back in f1 racing the mclaren Honda shitbox next race.

nny

This was quite good race, but damn, watch highlights or even better, whole race in Texas last year. It was simply INSANE, 3-4 wide for several laps and super close finish with sparks flying everywhere. The most instense Indycar experience I've ever had.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it!

paskowitz

For those new to Indy, as long as Will Power (can be like rbr Vettel days) isn't leading, it's a good series. There are far more competitive entries than F1 and this usually mixes up the results.

Top Bottom