• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

105k Switches sold in France, best console launch ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulapik

http://www.lefigaro.fr/secteur/high...-bat-tous-les-records-de-ventes-en-france.php

Objective completed for Nintendo in France. The distributor has sold 105.000 units of its new console, the Nintendo Switch, available from March 3rd. This is the best launch for Nintendo in France since the eighties. It is also the best launch of a console in France, between all the distributors, according to Nintendo. The french branch has fulfilled its objective, which was to match the sales of the Wii, who sold 95.000 units on its first weekend, in November 2007.

TherealDoge

Neo Member
Damn, this is what that guy predicited I think, very good.

Why was it only 299€ though?

Best deal spotted was 250€

Edit: Retailers have been realy agressive regarding Switch price, started at 329€ to fall at 299€ as official retail price. Then retailers made several offers to pull the price down.

Edit 2: Best deal in France 199€ (299€ -100€ as cashback)
ctbrtVd.jpg

Usobuko

Banned
I'm starting to think this might exceed 3ds ltd sales worldwide but only if Nintendo play their cards right.

More new stuff like Splatoon / ARMS etc please.

Cess007

So, it's the best Nintendo console launch ever or the best console launch ever?

Edit. Re-read the text. It's the latter

ByWatterson

Huzzah!

Always a Nintendo skeptic, but would love to see it enter a new golden era. I'm guessing October/November will be a "relaunch" of sorts, with a holiday, Zelda, AND Mario. That could be a huge sales boom if they do it right.

I don't know... 105.000? That seems like they rounded. Without real numbers, I'm skeptical.

Am I doing it right?

The high switch sales are really surprising considering spidering when it was launched. Nintendo might have a hot on their hands if they can play the long game.

Kuro

Completely baffling to me. People probably just really wanted Zelda and sales will drop off a cliff.

The power of a killer app right here.

yeah its on WiiU, but it may as well not exist in the minds of many seeing as most dont own a WiiU

Calm Mind

Western 3rd party publishers are going to have some explaining to do with their investors for not having software available for the Switch' launch.

kiguel182

It seems that Nintendo has a real winner in their hands. I'm still iffy about the price but glad it didn't impact things at all and I've come around on it since then.

Hopefully those hardware issues aren't frequent enough to ruin people's overall experience with the console.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Good that the supply problems isn't as big as earlier launches.
I doubt that the switch sold well up here in scandinavia though, we've never been nintendo territory :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom