• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1080° Snowboarding Programmer Prototyping New Snowboarding Game

Bullet Club

1080° Snowboarding Programmer Prototyping New Snowboarding Game

GEkLf6K.jpg

Giles Goddard, the CEO of Vitei, and the main programmer and program director of such Nintendo games like 1080° Snowboarding, Steel Diver, and Tank Troopers, revealed that he’s prototyping a new snowboarding game. [Thanks, PushDustIn on Twitter!]

While it’s unclear whether it will follow the 1v1 racing formula of 1080° Snowboarding, Goddard has made clear that he wants to see this game actually released, as he’s spreading the word to find somebody who’s willing to fund the game:

Goddard began his career in the gaming industry at Argonaut Software, where he assisted Nintendo with Star Fox and Stunt Race FX on programming. He helped program Mario’s face on the title screen of Super Mario 64, and programmed 1080° Snowboarding, and after 2002, left to create Vitei where he would help program Steel Diver and Tank Troopers for Nintendo.

Source: Siliconera

Larxia

Not really a fan of this game, way too slow in my opinion, SSX is what I personally love, but I'd take any arcade extreme sport game right now, this genre has completely dissapeared and it depresses me, it's one of my favorite type of games.

wipeout364

1080 was one of the great games in my life. I must have spent 100 or more hours on that game. I think it is more of a moment in time type game though, not sure I could ever be that excited by a snowboard game again. The only other snowboard series I could get into was Amped.

That was easily one of my top 5 favorite N64 games though: Goldeneye, Pilotwings, Mario 64, Zelda:Ocarina of time and 1080 Snowboarding.

Never liked 1080, felt too realistic at the expense of fun. It was really impressive though for the time.

Snowboard kids 2 the GOAT

Last edited:

daveonezero

Banned
1080p was too much of a sim for me. At least for the tricks. Although I had an amazing play experience doing Time Attack on that last track I think.

This is what kind of snowboard game i would love to see again. We already have Steep but we need more of this:
Snowboard_Kids_Box.jpg
This game was so freaking good. I loved the characters, the items and tracks. I never played the sequel but always meant to play it.

DW74

Wow that brings me back in time l.

1080 was awesome

!!e!Th!wCGM~$(KGrHqJ,!lYEz+y84ofTBNP10-Wz2w~~_35.JPG

I’m missing old consoles a lot lately. N64 and Dreamcast specifically

I not only miss the consoles, but I miss the eras they were in. Big time. Gaming just seems so vapid nowadays. My favorite year for gaming was 1998. Huge year.

Cattlyst

Random thing I remember from 1080 is the way the boarders' jackets would 'ruffle' (is that the right word?) in the wind as you picked up speed. Thought it was such a cool touch and incredible that they thought to put in such a tiny detail with the screen resolution being what it was with N64 games. Fond memories...!

Top Bottom