• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

11 Senate Republicans say they will object to Electoral College results on Wednesday

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009

Eleven Senate Republicans on Saturday announced that they will object to the Electoral College results Wednesday, when Congress convenes in a joint session to formally count the vote.

GOP Sens. Ted Cruz (Texas), Ron Johnson (Wis.), James Lankford (Okla.), Steve Daines (Mont.), John Kennedy(La.), Marsha Blackburn (Tenn.) and Mike Braun (Ind.) and Sens.-elect Cynthia Lummis (Wyo.), Roger Marshall(Kan.), Bill Hagerty (Tenn.) and Tommy Tuberville (Ala.) said in a joint statement that they will object to the election results until there is a 10-day audit.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2004
California
manabyte.com
dad easter GIF

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
Gotta get those crazy voters locked in for reelection. I voted against! Typical politics, they know this will do nothing and had no chance to get a majority so they get an at-least-i-tried card in deep red states/districts.

Seems like it. Meanwhile Trump is primed to boot up a media empire to overthrow Fox News and these other pretender networks and capture that victim audience.

This should have been done on November 4th.

But they hadn't yet found a way to take a stand without having to face any consequences!

Last edited:

e&e

Nov 17, 2020
“At least we tried, please vote for us next time”!

Wonder after this fails if the Dems will go after them. Hopefully this will lead to bad consequences and Dems get re-elected in their positions when the Republican base doesn’t show up.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: Tesseract

sw0mp_d0nk3y

Jun 3, 2013
They should just embrace their inner Q and join Goober and Woods calls for violence (against police I assume?), these guys want to flirt with crazy, but not completely embrace it, which is attractive to nobody.

Tesseract

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
They should just embrace their inner Q and join Goober and Woods calls for violence (against police I assume?), these guys want to flirt with crazy, but not completely embrace it, which is attractive to nobody.

it's finally time to wheel out my quantum computer

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
May 22, 2018
11 isn't enough. I'll start to worry once there is 30 or more.

• Fire
Reactions: Tesseract

Super Mario

Banned
Nov 12, 2016
Ted ‘calling my wife ugly is the only way I can get off’ Cruz desperately needs Trumps support in the future.

Politics is an ugly game. You won't soon see CNN repeat words Harris and Biden traded just months ago.

Cruz is smart. This boosts his stock in the eyes of many Republicans. He is going anti-establishment and feeding off of MAGA. There is no other path to a 2024 candidacy.

Reactions: CloudNull

oatmeal

Banned
Jun 17, 2007

They’re only saying to be as violent as BLM and Antifa, which has gotten the Democrat stamp of approval.

Reactions: cryptoadam

Moneal

Sep 13, 2013
Politics is an ugly game. You won't soon see CNN repeat words Harris and Biden traded just months ago.

Cruz is smart. This boosts his stock in the eyes of many Republicans. He is going anti-establishment and feeding off of MAGA. There is no other path to a 2024 candidacy.
Its not like Harris called him racist or anything, oh wait....

Reactions: mickaus

sazzy

Dec 30, 2006
This thread from 2005 showed up as a skmilar thread.....

-Arcadia-

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
Will be fascinating to see how this goes.

Some interesting points mooted here, albeit down party lines. Are they genuine? Is it an act? Will they have just enough resistance to put on a good image, but not actually accomplish anything?

It’s difficult to tell where the smoke and mirrors end, and genuineness begins.

Personally, I feel like the task of overturning this is Herculean, despite backing the claims of a dubious election, and no proper effort to do anything about it, 100%. I do not seek to demoralize, and I admire your spirit, which you should keep for the fight ahead, but anyone thinking Trump will overturn it all easily... please entertain how much of a long shot this actually is, because I don’t want to see good people who love this country, having their entire world collapse in an instant.

That said, I am very curious about Trump’s evidence, and this coordinated attempt to either have some kind of investigation, or remove the questionable states. Likewise for the protest that seems to be picking up steam. It will certainly be an interesting day.

Kev Kev

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2012
This thread from 2005 showed up as a skmilar thread.....

It’s the same shit every election. It’ll be no different when Biden loses in 4 years.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2004
California
manabyte.com
  • LOL
Reactions: ScarletSpider

mickaus

Gold Member
May 30, 2019
Seems like it. Meanwhile Trump is primed to boot up a media empire to overthrow Fox News and these other pretender networks and capture that victim audience.
I hope Trump does start a media empire, with Fox now copying the rest of the MSM there is basically one news channel retold on multiple networks. It would be cool if conservative/independent youtubers or other social media commentators could have a part in a shared media empire. People like Tim Pool and Andy Ngo could potentially be silenced by social media so there should be a place where they can be appreciated for their contributions.

Ixiah

Banned
Feb 16, 2018
11 isn't enough. I'll start to worry once there is 30 or more.
If they do more than object because of Fraud and start bringing up that Biden is a Dementend Nutjob, which should prevent him from taking any Office, do you start worring then ?
Oh that right, there is no "Evidence" that Biden has Alzheimer or got his drugged up Son a high paying Job for which he has no qualification whatsoever.
And of course, the "unbiased" and fair Media will cut away from that portion of the Hearing, calling it now.
But hey, there is no evidence that the Legacy Media and the Dems. work together, right ?

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Bonus Member
Jan 9, 2020
And just so everyone is up to date, that sham lawsuit against Pence was thrown out; even Pence was basically saying this is not how we do things...also:

Now the transgender and the gay have finally political power under Biden. ;)

it will just end up like the people on the Twitch Council "I got power now and people should fear me"

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Banned
Jun 9, 2004
If they do more than object because of Fraud and start bringing up that Biden is a Dementend Nutjob, which should prevent him from taking any Office, do you start worring then ?
Oh that right, there is no "Evidence" that Biden has Alzheimer or got his drugged up Son a high paying Job for which he has no qualification whatsoever.
And of course, the "unbiased" and fair Media will cut away from that portion of the Hearing, calling it now.
But hey, there is no evidence that the Legacy Media and the Dems. work together, right ?
You lost

• Fire
Reactions: e&e

Thaedolus

Banned
Jun 9, 2004
When you dont have an argument, then you lost, looking at you. :)

No- all the arguments you made were made during the election. You lost. Making them again after the election and after the courts have ruled is pointless because you lost. Congressmen objecting is pointless because the people have decided, the courts rejected the objections and the states certified that you lost and congress has no role to play. Suing Pence is pointless because you lost and he has no role to play. Going to the grave making the same arguments is pointless because Joe Biden is going to be president on January 20, because you lost.

I thought my above post was more succinct

Ixiah

Banned
Feb 16, 2018
No- all the arguments you made were made during the election. You lost.
If we got to endure 4 years of "Literal Hitler", you get to deal with 4 Years of "Dementia Man Bad".
Well....i say 4 years but no matter how ignorant you try to be, we both know Biden wont last that long, dont we ?

Sign

Jun 4, 2012
Every single Republican that has not shown a willingness to fight is gonna get primaried at the first available opportunity. Neocons know this and don’t care which is why Pence is gonna slit his and the GOPe’s throat on live tv. They will never be elected again.

Any Republican with a shred of survival instinct is going to follow Hawley on this because he is the Republican front runner for 2024, and the future of the party.

I expect Balkanization after GA gets stolen and Dems kill the filibuster / stack the SC... so we probably don’t make it to 2024, but eh.

e&e

Nov 17, 2020
If we got to endure 4 years of "Literal Hitler", you get to deal with 4 Years of "Dementia Man Bad".
Well....i say 4 years but no matter how ignorant you try to be, we both know Biden wont last that long, dont we ?
Who the fuck cares lmfao?! You LOST!

Last edited:
Reactions: OnionSnake

Thaedolus

Banned
Jun 9, 2004
Ok

Every single Republican that has not shown a willingness to fight is gonna get primaried at the first available opportunity. Neocons know this and don’t care which is why Pence is gonna slit his and the GOPe’s throat on live tv. They will never be elected again.

Any Republican with a shred of survival instinct is going to follow Hawley on this because he is the Republican front runner for 2024, and the future of the party.

I expect Balkanization after GA gets stolen and Dems kill the filibuster / stack the SC... so we probably don’t make it to 2024, but eh.
The cowards doubling down on Trumpism are going to leave the party a ruin. This is probably the fastest possible path to a viable third centrist party, but it’s going to be a rough ride for a while IMO.

Reactions: OnionSnake

Ixiah

Banned
Feb 16, 2018
Who the fuck cares lmfao?! You LOST!
Sorry, but not speaking up against a fucking demented Puppet, the People who want to controll him and the nitwits who support all of this by ignoring it,
because with TDS even Jeffrey Dahmer as an Dem. President would raise no complain, that would be losing.
Btw, i seem to get no pushback to my claim Biden has Alzheimer, that doesnt concern you at all ?

Ixiah

Banned
Feb 16, 2018
The cowards doubling down on Trumpism are going to leave the party a ruin. This is probably the fastest possible path to a viable third centrist party, but it’s going to be a rough ride for a while IMO.
Good, thats the way to a much needed reform of the Rep. Party.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Some of these YOU LOST people have pretty embarrassing posts crying about russian interference and obstruction traps not working. The rest of them flamed out of here in a 4 year meltdown after Trump won only to slink back after Biden won. It is hilarious to observe.

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
Paul Ryan weighs in:

Considiring the posts in here, it seems like challanging the election is actually time honored and part and parcel with American democracy. 2016, 2005, Bush V Gore. I am sure the further back we go we can continue finding things.

If anything challanging elections is democratic. If you didn't then when it does actually happen no one will say a peep.

at the end of the day Biden will get in and Trump will just ride the wave of the election was stolen to book/TV/Movie/Merchandise deals and use it as a spring board for a 2024 run either by him, Don Jr or his chosen one from the GOP.