• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

11 years later, Valve is updating Left 4 Dead 2

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Valve will release a new update for Left 4 Dead 2, almost 11 years after its co-operative zombie shooter was first unleashed.

The Last Stand does not yet have a release date - the finer details are still on their way, Valve has said in an official blog post - but the update is very real.

It is, as Left 4 Dead 2 fans will likely know, a community-made effort (this isn't the first time Valve has approved community content for a long-dormant game and released it under an official guise).

But it still marks the first officially released new addition to the game in quite some time:

"It has been many years since the infection first hit. Radio silence, no sign of life, nothing but lingering hopes..." Valve said, presumably of its recent support for Left 4 Dead 2. "CEDA is not going to save us. But there is hope!

"A few brave souls have continued the fight against all odds, and soon we can all benefit from their resilience. 'The Last Stand' is an update for Left 4 Dead 2, created by the community, for the community. Additional details will be coming soon."

Codes 208

Orange Box Redux for Next Gen would go down well.
Especially since ms dropped that stick in their ass regarding update policies from the 360 days and they wouldn’t need to outsource for a playstation port like they did with the ps3

Last edited:

Knightime_X

I wish they would remaster L4D 1 and 2 for Gen 9 consoles.
I have both on PC but I feel being on console would breathe life back into these games.
I really want to play them online again.

Shmunter

it's not like they made dota 2, attempted a steam os and controller, released two outstanding vr kits that pushed the industry forward and most recently another half life with updated source engine
Not to say hobby projects and R&D is a bad thing, it’s a good thing. But it’s distinct from being a 1st party AAA dev studio.

The Shepard

Isn't it about time for left 4 dead 3? The second one came to soon after the first but this is taking the mick a little bit. 1 and 2 never came out on playstation either so give them the remaster treatment.

On topic, is this available for the xbox 360/one version or pc only?

Tesseract

Banned
They've attempted steam os, when Gabe had "OMG Microsoft Store is gonna destroy my 30% grabbing business".
It was also quite an idiotic attempt.

Yeah, nope.

I thought you were serious, I'm not sure anymore.
okey doke

giphy.gif

jigglet

Banned
This could be seen as either exceptional support, or just doing the bare minimum to keep their staples chugging along. I don't know what to think.

And people wonder why a new Half life never came out.
Half Life: Alyx is a new Half-Life.

it's not like they made dota 2, attempted a steam os and controller, released two outstanding vr kits that pushed the industry forward and most recently another half life with updated source engine
Don't forget Portal 2. That was a big deal for a while.

nkarafo

I wish they update Portal 2 and fix this stupid graphics issue that exists for more than 5 years now.

Untitled.png

Or is it Nvidia who needs to do something?

Last edited:

Xdrive05

I wish they update Portal 2 and fix this stupid graphics issue that exists for more than 5 years now.

Untitled.png

Or is it Nvidia who needs to do something?

Holy crap! So this isn't just happening for me, then? I thought my GPU was dying or something.

Also, I fired up L4D2 last week for the first time in like 6 years. What a coincidence. This game was my jam back when it first came out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom