• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

12 Monkeys | Unmake History - Fridays on Syfy |OT|

Zoe

Why'd they get such a recognizable character actor for Cole's dad just to kill him off :\

Also, it seemed like they were trying to homage that scene in the movie, but of course the impact just wasn't there.

I guess Cassie and Cole can finally hook up now :lol

So, what's this like then?

The film is one of my favourites. So, like the snob I am I rolled my eyes when I heard they (SyFy) were making a show based on it. Is it worth it?

mm04

Good episode. They did a really good job of making Katrina look younger. I had to look up her real age just to verify hah.

Really liked the episode, including Jennifer's actions and dress. funny stuff.

Will be pretty surprised if cole is permanently stuck in 2015.

Who were the guys at the end? Time police? Fringe cross-over? Good stuff! can't wait for the finale and glad were're getting a second season :b

Geist-

Really liked the episode, including Jennifer's actions and dress. funny stuff.

Will be pretty surprised if cole is permanently stuck in 2015.

Who were the guys at the end? Time police? Fringe cross-over? Good stuff! can't wait for the finale and glad were're getting a second season :b

Army of the Twelve Monkeys in full-on creepy cult mode?

yeah. for some reason I was thinking the 12 monkeys were all female, though I'm not sure how the pallid man fits into that.

why didn't cole remember cassie drawing his blood and the day his father died? he was six after all.

I think at this point it is safe to say our real "antagonists" are going to be further-future time-travelers.

The only agenda which makes sense of ensuring circumstances create the utterly broken world of 2043, is that even further in the future a group/individual in power LIKES the circumstances humanity finds itself in, and like with Ramsey, now has incentive to make sure that world comes to pass.

I expect Olivia's parentage, the weird-albinos, etc... all speak to some trans-human, or post-human group.

Double D

Damn, none of you watched?

I watched it. Still not sure if everything happened that was 'supposed' to did or if Cole really changed things. Ramse telling Cole to
send Cassie to the future sure seemed like it was all part of the plan, but then the future Albino monkey acted baffled when she appeared.

Cole going back for Ramse seems like it might have screwed up the cycle though, especially if he can save his life

Still not sure how the creepy investor lady knows all this stuff.

TVexperto

Amazing finale,
cant believe Cole actually managed to challenge fate.
This has been a good sci-fi ride...how does this actually air on SyFy. Cant wait for season 2.

jwk94

Man, so Maggie Q and Lyndsy Fonsesca will be in the next season right? Right, guys? This Nikita reunion needs to continue. Also, that finale was kinda confusing. So she's in the future...now what? And was the head monkey using some time traveling abilities when they entered the facility? When the lights flickered, it looked like he or someone used some instant transmission that caught the gruff dude off guard.

isny

napkin dispenser
Man, so Maggie Q and Lyndsy Fonsesca will be in the next season right? Right, guys? This Nikita reunion needs to continue. Also, that finale was kinda confusing. So she's in the future...now what? And was the head monkey using some time traveling abilities when they entered the facility? When the lights flickered, it looked like he or someone used some instant transmission that caught the gruff dude off guard.

12 Monkeys...monkeys...Saiyan...Goku...instant transmission....the 12 Monkeys are Saiyans!?!

But seriously, amazing ending. Everything has been screwed up big time. Cole sending Cassie into the future and saving Ramsay changed everything. The monkeys have no idea what's happening, the only thing going as planned is crazy lady delivering the virus throughout the world, which Cole and Ramsay will probably stop next season when Cassie heads back to 2015 and tells them of how the virus was distributed or something along those lines.

-Deimos

So...Ramse isn't the witness after all? Freaking time travel man.

It looks like this is where the cycle finally breaks, with Felicity Cassie being sent to the future and Cole saving Ramse's life. Season 2 is gonna be a ride.

Have I mentioned how much I love Jennifer's crazy ass?

That was a really good finale, possible future lady and the others probably think they had how time travel works figured out but nope. Also, who's Cole's mother going to end up being?

liquidtmd

Banned
Great solid finale and overall a really pleasant surprise. Perfect casting choices and interesting characters. Hopefully picks up exposure in reruns and word of mouth. Fully intend to pick up the Blu-Ray to support this and theres not much I do that with these days.

Was it flawless overall? No. But they've opened up avenues where they can take the show to make natural seeming progress crucially without feeling they're just clinically setting up a new 'oh now we have to get to X / talk to Y / acquire Z' that so pisses me off about this type of show.

They may have done that but it's not felt laboured

GavinUK86

Have I mentioned how much I love Jennifer's crazy ass?

That was a really good finale, possible future lady and the others probably think they had how time travel works figured out but nope. Also, who's Cole's mother going to end up being?

emily hampshire is the greatest thing on the show, she is so brilliant at playing crazy

jond76

Banned
Very cool finale. Cassie going to the future is nut balls. Cole going back for Ramsey will definitely shake things up. Very glad this got renewed.

Caught up on the show, fantastic series and it really, really surpassed my (super low) expectations from SyFy. I am really happy that they seem to be serious about putting out good science fiction again, and look forward to the roster of new series like Dark Matter and The Expanse.

Can't wait for season 2 of 12 Monkeys too, the writers really knocked it out of the park thinking about time travel, paradoxes, loops, causality, etc. One of the few shows where I really don't understand whats going on sometimes and have to go look stuff up on the Internet.

great finale. going to be a long 9 months or whatever. like that it is in 12 episode increments, keeps the pace really moving. really interested to see what they have cooked up for next season. glad I watched. :b:

-Deimos

Gonna try to wait until the actual premiere so I don't have to wait 3 weeks. I give myself a week at most before I cave.

liquidtmd

Banned
NTGYK I hope you're still doing the s2 ot? or we all slummin it in here?

Seconded - Id like to know this also! The OP here was great.

It may not be setting viewerships or GAF threads alight, but I'd like to know we're getting a decentish S2 OT.

If you're tied up NTGYK or don't fancy it, I'll put my hat in the ring to do one. I love this show.

Sober

Pretty sure the premiere is tonight. NTGYK, where you at?

That or I might make a low effort thread for s2 before I head to work. Or any other volunteers?

-Deimos

I totally forgot that the first episode was already available and that I didn't have to wait for it to go online...

Pretty sure the premiere is tonight. NTGYK, where you at?

That or I might make a low effort thread for s2 before I head to work. Or any other volunteers?

Don't think anyone is gonna do it, so you should probably go ahead.

Sober

If either of you care to do it go ahead, I've not had a lot of free time this week, unfortunately.

Although I think this thread is still fine, since there doesn't seem to be a huge thread anyway.

Here is a graphic I tried to make if we go for a new thread...

http://i.imgur.com/Lo2yS7p.jpg

The end result is a bit more "geocities" than I was hoping, but I tried. I have not used photoshop[ in 2 years.

If we stay here that's fine... I just wish GAF was more active about this show. It is great, and S2 looks to be setting up some great ideas.

maxcriden

Still didn't watch s1 yet. I think I asked previously in here and was told s1 was free of any animal violence. That tends to be the one thing I can't stomach on TV the most. Was this the case for s2 as well?

Still didn't watch s1 yet. I think I asked previously in here and was told s1 was free of any animal violence. That tends to be the one thing I can't stomach on TV the most. Was this the case for s2 as well?

I am not 100% sure about everything, but I dont think there is anything involving direct harm. There is one scene in season one involving two starving people that have an option to kill/eat a dog to survive, but they choose against it. The dog lives on happy. There is a few moments of pondering, but nothing more than that.

The show is pretty good and worth a watch. I went into it looking for things to complain about (I was a fan of the movis), but ending up liking just about everything they did.

maxcriden

I am not 100% sure about everything, but I dont think there is anything involving direct harm. There is one scene in season one involving two starving people that have an option to kill/eat a dog to survive, but they choose against it. The dog lives on happy. There is a few moments of pondering, but nothing more than that.

The show is pretty good and worth a watch. I went into it looking for things to complain about (I was a fan of the movis), but ending up liking just about everything they did.

That's exactly the kinda info I was looking for. Thanks so much. Have you seen and enjoyed S2 as well?

RS4-

I thought we had an OT for season 2. Search isn't coming up with anything.

I finally watched the last 3 eps of last season and the first 2 spread out over the weekend and today, pretty good.

Spoiler discussion about s2 so far
So, how come there's still bad blood between Ramsey, Deacon, and Whitley in the new future? I guess they were told what happened by Cass and Jones? I thought things had sorta changed to an extent.

Cool to see Col. Tigh as well.

Top Bottom