• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

12 Monkeys | Unmake History - Fridays on Syfy |OT|

TheOddOne

- EW: 12 Monkeys renewed for fourth and final season.
Syfy has renewed 12 Monkeys for a fourth and final season, EW has learned exclusively.
EW can also reveal that the third season will debut on May 19 at 8 p.m. ET. In a surprising move, Syfy will air the entire 10-episode season over three consecutive nights starting Friday, May 19 and concluding Sunday, March 21 — the first four episodes will premiere on Friday, with three episodes airing each night on both Saturday and Sunday from 8 p.m.-11 p.m. ET.

Zoe

Damn, are they going to replay the episodes after that weekend? Surely their schedule can't be that packed...

Bebpo

Banned
Well that's good it has a definite ending point known years ahead so they can plan out the remaining arcs and complete the time loop. Was my major concern.

Setzer

Damn, are they going to replay the episodes after that weekend? Surely their schedule can't be that packed...

That's what I was thinking. By the time May hits The Expanse will be ending and they have Killjoys and Dark Matter that usually air over the summer. What else do they have going on?

Not a fan of them releasing all episodes at once. It's going to be hard not to watch more than 1 episode per/week when I have them all DVR'd. I like a TV series to last me 2-3 months.

Yeah, I'm curious as to the rollout plan for season 3. I imagine it will be available on demand, but weekly episodes allow for more discussion about the show over a longer time. Instead of the audience being at different places in the season.

I am happy it has been renewed for a 4th season before the 3rd has even aired. One of my favorite shows on Syfy.

liquidtmd

Banned
Holy shit I love this news!

Great little gem of a show that is better than it had any right to be. Very pleased about Season 4 renewal and absolutely stoked we get to binge season 3.

Sad this GAF thread is still only 8 pages :(

On one hand I'm cool with them airing all the episodes over three days, less weekly dread for new episodes but that just makes the likely wait for season four a full year instead of around 9-10 months. Frees up an hour afterward so I guess that isn't bad seeing how much TV I'm watching. I'm not at all disappointed that season four will be the last, at least they know ahead of time so there will be closure which is obviously in SyFy's best interest since I imagine selling a show with no proper ending or worse on a cliffhanger is harder these days.

mm04

Happy about this. A totally underappreciated show and we'll get a true ending out of it. Honestly, lots of shows overstay their welcome and lose their direction over the course of their runs. Having a filler free final season with a clear direction from the get go will be great.

What a bizarre way to air the show, like they need to compete with Netflix or something. Maybe it lets them sell it to netflix/amazon at a higher price if it all airs at once?

Glad to hear its ending in 2 seasons, while I thought season 1 was absolutely brilliant and floored me, season 2 was a bit more uneven.

Brilliant! Thank god for netflix, if it wasn't for them we probably just end with some awkward cliffhanger at season 3 then cancelled and we're left with a unfinished story like so many before it.

As a reminder, the third season premieres tonight, 3 or 4 episodes airing tonight and the entire rest of the season airing tomorrow and sunday (10 episodes I believe). Season 4 has already been renewed, it will be the final season and presumably air next year.

Gonna start these episodes later tonight or tomorrow. I take it this is the last season since they're airing it this way. Gonna miss this show.

Zoe

It's a bit dusty in here, think some got in my eye...

I was skeptical, but I think I'm a fan of this format.

Zoe

For those who have never seen anything but the movie..... is the show actually good

The first season kind of pissed me off with how different it was from the movie, but the story really came into its own. At this point it barely has a passing resemblance to the movie, and that's for the better.

mm04

Well I just realized why the commercial breaks are so short. These are not one hour time blocks, it's 46 minutes per episode.

What in the world that first episode?! Jennifer still the MVP. That was a great scene no spoiler haha.

Zoe

The commercial breaks are pretty effective. They were too short for me to fast forward without messing up.

Ricker

Doing the Netflix thing when its not on Netflix,with the commercials and all is a little annoying...or is it on Netflix also...? got confused when I checked Next Episode and saw ep1,2,3,4 etc etc...

sturmdogg

The first season kind of pissed me off with how different it was from the movie, but the story really came into its own. At this point it barely has a passing resemblance to the movie, and that's for the better.

This. It's a little bit like Stargate. The movie was good, SG-1 was loosely based on the movie then became it's own thing.

Zoe

LOL, love the Goines' 4

This. It's a little bit like Stargate. The movie was good, SG-1 was loosely based on the movie then became it's own thing.

One big example is the 12 Monkeys actually has meaning in the show unlike the movie where it's a complete red herring.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Was not expecting the 99 Red Balloons scene at all haha

I hope the actress who plays Jennifer finds good roles after this - she steals every scene.

liquidtmd

Banned
This show needs more love, just done Season 3 episode 2

What these guys are doing on probably a limited budget is fantastic

Zoe

The humor is on point this season.

I wonder if they knew the airing structure ahead of time. It's working out really well, IMO.

Zoe

Welp, I actually suspected that's how things would turn out.

Can we start the betting pool on Cole's mother? Put me down for the most obvious one.

Top Bottom