• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1200 People Expected at Sony's PlayStation 2013 Event

lefantome

Has a E3 conference ever reached 1200 attendees or so?
EDIT: answered, now I wonder if there will demo station with tech demo or something similar to entertain all these attendees.

OT: no ron paul in the first page? disappointed :(

A lot. E3 2012:
sony20e320pressconfhtfg3.jpg

Hammerstein Ballroom is MUCH MUCH MUCH smaller.

That's well over 1,200 people.

dmr87

Kaz, just drop the Last Guardian megaton first thing you do, then half of the audience will go into shock and won't remeber what else you announced.

Hyped as fuck.

Although, I'm not expecting anything too crazy like TLG or Versus.

PS4 reveal, a few next-gen sequel trailers or teasers, a couple of third party next-gen reveals with tech demos and maybe a couple of new IPs.

Hyped as fuck.

Although, I'm not expecting anything too crazy like TLG or Versus.

PS4 reveal, a few next-gen sequel trailers or teasers, a couple of third party next-gen reveals with tech demos and maybe a couple of new IPs.

I don't think I've ever seen Sunhi talk in anything but gif form. This must be a big announcement. Believe.
I don't think Microsoft cares about having a large crowd. If you look at their E3 press conferences, they never film the audience.

Blank stares don't play well on the nightly news.

That's the other thing. With 1200 people in attendance, Sony can't come in and show some concept hardware and a crying baby. Having a special event like this with a large scale means they are bringing their A-game.

test_account

XP-39C²
Damn, sounds like this is going to be big indeed. They seem to be doing a pretty good job getting the word out.

Wow, that is a lot of free PS4s to give out
Lol, someone should do a .gif where Don Matrick is clapping (after saying that everyone at the E3 press conferance would get a free Xbox 360) and add Kaz's face to it hehe :)

pelican

I wonder who long the presentation will last.

Doesn't matter. I'm staying up to watch it. And will drink. Rescheduled Thursday so I have nothing to do first thing;p

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
I have high expectations, just not ruthless expectations. I expect to see the system, info about the system, some games, maybe a couple of shockers like The Last Guardian: PS4 Edition... if they go above and beyond and show even more surprising things and leave people buzzing about anything and everything Playstation 4, then they've maybe matched the hype this event is getting.

I expect them to show the system, list the specs, and the mentioning of specific developers working on the system. If they happen to show actual games running in real time, then that will be an added bonus for me.

Boss Man

Pre-recorded cheering from Sony's E3 2012 conference proves this. Sony knows their audience.
I think this is a problem with video game events in general honestly.

I will never forget the Usher Dance Central performance for Microsoft at E3.

Poor guy hung in there and put on a show, but deep down he was probably all like "wat is this. y dont they luv me? :("

Shayan

Banned
Consoles were also the hottest CE product back then. That position is now filled by cell phones and tablets. Microwave ovens were also probably i teresting some time in the past.

consoles are still one of the hottest products and will grow next gen .

cell phones and tablets killed handhelds and PCs . Console preferences will remain unaffected next gen

The capacity of the ballroom is dependent on the configuration of the room; the ballroom seats 2,500 people for theatrical productions and musical performances, and several thousand for events held within a central ring. The two main balconies—which are unusually close to the ground and gently sloped—seat a total of 1,200. There are six shallow balconies which are normally used for celebrity guests. The floor slants down to the stage area to enable those in the back rows to see easily.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammerstein_Ballroom

Seems they could've held more. But 1200 is what they wanted for the main balconies.

Wynnebeck

Banned

I'd stop if I were you. People have been banned for less.

That's the other thing. With 1200 people in attendance, Sony can't come in and show some concept hardware and a crying baby. Having a special event like this with a large scale means they are bringing their A-game.

Exactly. This isn't like MS's unveiling of the MS Surface where it was like 100-200 people in a small hangar. This is the Hammerstein Ballroom and inviting 1200+ people for a meeting is definitely showing you are confident enough that you can have 1200 people of influence judge what you reveal. Definitely do not want to be the guys presenting this thing.

What if Kaz just walks out on stage and says "This is the future of PlayStation" *shows the PS4 on a jumbo screen behind him* Then he just drops the mic and walks off stage.

Should be a good show.

I just hope they have a lot of decent software to show. I'd love a few 3rd party things up their to blow socks off, but it'll likely just be a Sony event.

Hirai walks out
*Coughs*
*Audience goes silent
*Jumbo screen comes down*
Kaz - "I present...Playstation 4"
*CUE DUBSTEP AND LASER LIGHTS EVERYWHERE!"
"Videos being shown galore!
Dubstep and lasers die down
*Naughty Dog/Ubisoft/Sony Santa Monica/Guerilla Games/Quantic Dream/etc demo games in real time*
*Cue videos about Hirai and the hardware development team talking about how magical it is*
*Cue videos of developers talking about it's power*
*Hirai comes back out*
*EMPs have been recesitating those who went into shock (either from the games or the lasers)*
Hirai - "Available Sept 13th for $349.99"
*MOAR DUBSTEP AND LASERS OUT THE ASS!"
*EMPs are crying because they can't get to everyone quick enough*
Hirai - "One more thing"
*Rockstar CEO walks out
*They shake hands*
Hirai - "It's done, GTAV and RDR2 PS4 exclusive for 1.5 years"
*MOAR DUBSTEP AND LASERS!!!!!111!!*

Needs more wubba-wubba-wubba music and lasers. And blue lights. Lots of blue lights. Everywhere.

Haunted

AFAIK, it was MS with pre-recorded cheering. Maybe last year. Sony had people who won a trip from the PS blog competition, so they cheered without any recording.
So you're saying it'll be 1000 investors and press, and 200 Sony fans to provide cheering when prompted.

Top Bottom