• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1200 People Expected at Sony's PlayStation 2013 Event

If anybody is in doubt...

There is a 100% chance the PS4 will be announced at this conference.

This news literally confirms it.

1200 people will gather to pay their last respects to the legendary PS2
cry.gif

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Glad someone showed a pic of an E3 conference, because they're definitely way larger than 200-400 people.

I figure there will be key people from just about every developer aside from the niche ones there.

I don't see why, unless they're there to announce a game. They all already know what's coming. Conferences like these aren't for devs.

Soriku

Press conference begins

The lights go out and a hush comes over the audience

A spot light highlights the dead center of the stage but there is nothing there

Fight of the Valkyries begins playing from everywhere
http://youtu.be/V92OBNsQgxU

At 0:24 a veiled console begins arising on a platform from underneath the stage floor, a new system never before seen

Shortly after another platform holding Kaz Hirai begins rising from underneath the stage floor, just behind the new console. He is standing there looking up, eyes closed with his arms spread as if embracing the love of the crowd.

Flight of the Valkyries continues to boom as he and the console rise 20 feet above the stage floor on a gigantic pillar.

The music subdues.... And in a booming voice like god himself, Hirai says "PLAYSTATION 4" and dramatically whips off the veil, unleashing the new console.

It is beautiful, women are seen crying in the audience

Hirai begins the ceremony from on top of the 20 ft pillar as everybody watches in awe

The audience gets more excited and more ecstatic as each new exclusive is unveiled with incredible visuals.... Uncharted 4, MGS5, Versus XIII, Kingdom Hearts 3, Vagrant Story 2, Shenmue 3 and the Last Guardian.

Eventually the crowd turns into a mosh pit from excitement. Audience, press and developers crowd around the pillar towards the end, touching it and reaching up towards Hirai, as he yells "TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE US DOLLARS"

lol lol.

More please. These scenario posts are hilarious.

brogan

Neo Member
Press conference begins

At 0:24 a veiled console begins arising on a platform from underneath the stage floor, a new system never before seen

Shortly after another platform holding Kaz Hirai begins rising from underneath the stage floor, just behind the new console. He is standing there looking up, eyes closed with his arms spread as if embracing the love of the crowd.

Flight of the Valkyries continues to boom as he and the console rise 20 feet above the stage floor on a gigantic pillar.

The music subdues.... And in a booming voice like god himself, Hirai says "PLAYSTATION 4" and dramatically whips off the veil, unleashing the new console.

Hirai begins the ceremony from on top of the 20 ft pillar as everybody watches in awe

The audience gets more excited and more ecstatic as each new exclusive is unveiled with incredible visuals.... Uncharted 4, MGS5, Versus XIII, Kingdom Hearts 3, Vagrant Story 2, Shenmue 3 and the Last Guardian.

Eventually the crowd turns into a mosh pit from excitement. Audience, press and developers crowd around the pillar towards the end, touching it and reaching up towards Hirai, as he yells "TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE US DOLLARS"

Haha this is hilarious! I think it helped reading it whilst Flight of the Valkyries was playing.

There's going to be incredible scenes on here tomorrow.

pestul

Wow.. and now of course I'm missing the live webstream of this due to a dinner at my parents house. :S

Oh well, just as fun watching it fresh and HQ later on (ie. no buffering issues). But less fun following the insane live thread reactions.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Press conference begins

:lol Reminds me of the threads that /v/ likes to do around E3 every year.

R-User!

Will there be free popcorn and coca-cola at the event?

Dem masses gotsta snack on somethin while they watch the show.

Note to American attendee's...

Stop with the 'whooping & cheering' at the slightest bullet point, it really does make you look and sound like total morons to the rest of the world.

Ponn

Banned
Its a giant bait and switch. No PS4 at all. Steel gates will slam shut, bars roll up on the windows. The real Vita Heaven begins.

Dragon

Banned
Two things:

I have a date scheduled for tomorrow at 7:30. Do you think the megatons will have dropped already by then?

Second, I'm eight blocks from Hammerstein right now, I think I'm gonna go over after work and see if there's anything setup yet.

todahawk

Two things:

I have a date scheduled for tomorrow at 7:30. Do you think the megatons will have dropped already by then?

Second, I'm eight blocks from Hammerstein right now, I think I'm gonna go over after work and see if there's anything setup yet.

Is it your first date with this girl and do you have a smart phone?

You could always take her out to eat at one of the many restaurants that will have the event showing on their big screens.

Amir0x

Banned
They're showing their next console, they should be confident when introducing their new product, even if we ended up with no games and just tech demos it'll still be a big deal.

Yeah, I agree, but if I was revealing a system that had nothing special to show (say, just showing a system and the controller and maybe one or two games), I wouldn't want the PR disaster of 1200 people looking extremely displeased.

Dragon

Banned
Is it your first date with this girl and do you have a smart phone?

You could always take her out to eat at one of the many restaurants that will have the event showing on their big screens.

Second and yes. I know I could use ustream on my phone but that doesn't set a good impression :). I'm going to a French restaurant that doesn't have TVs. Plus she doesn't know I'm a huge video game nerd yet, gotta ease her in. Thanks for the advice though.

todahawk

Wait, this is going to be broadcasted on tv?

lol, sorry. I don't know that it actually is. I pictured Kaz up on the big screens at the local sports bar...

Second and yes. I know I could use ustream on my phone but that doesn't set a good impression :). I'm going to a French restaurant that doesn't have TVs. Plus she doesn't know I'm a huge video game nerd yet, gotta ease her in. Thanks for the advice though.

No prob. I was half joking on the TV part but I think checking neogaf for updates on your phone during a bathroom break is your best bet. Def don't do it while she's around. She's (rightly) assume you're checking the time, texts or something else that isn't related to her.

LQX

Stop with the 'whooping & cheering' at the slightest bullet point, it really does make you look and sound like total morons to the rest of the world.
Well those people can eat a dick. These events are like the Olympics, hell yeah there is going to be some "whooping & cheering".

Thanks for the tip. I'm sure all attendee's will read said quote and act accordingly. You just saved America from worldwide embarrassment.

quickwhips

So like every US PS owner will be there? :p JK thats alot of people. I hope they bring some fire to light under MS and Nintendo. Competition is important.

Two things:

Do the date, then take her back to your place and then be all "HEY I GOT A MOVIE TO WATCH"
Pull up video archive of conference.
Watch.

If she enjoys it, she's the one. :p

I'll be at work for the majority of it, and I hope there's a way for me to watch it after-the-fact. Even if I have to download it onto my PS3!

Well those people can eat a dick. These events are like the Olympics, hell yeah there is going to be some "whooping & cheering".

What about all of those riots and stampedes and shootings/attacks that occur because of "futbol", even when a game isn't even occurring. The rest of the world can do that, but we can't be excited for a video game console.

Kerub

Banned
What about all of those riots and stampedes and shootings/attacks that occur because of "futbol", even when a game isn't even occurring. The rest of the world can do that, but we can't be excited for a video game console.

How the hell this this discussion turn in to Europe vs USA?

Anyway, that's a brutal amount of people. More than an E3 conference for sure.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
consoles are still one of the hottest products and will grow next gen .

tablets killed PCs . Console preferences will remain unaffected next gen

Killed PCs?

Woah, this is the first im hearing about this, i feel outside the loop right about now.

boingball

If anybody is in doubt...

There is a 100% chance Sony will announce that from now on they develop for iOS at this conference.

This news literally confirms it.

Well, Sony better will bring it on. It will be very difficult for them to not disappoint with the Hype-meter being on maximum.

You know that's usually employees of the respective company or devout fans brought in by said company cheering, right?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Press conference begins

I wish this were true SO BAD.

Top Bottom