• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1200 People Expected at Sony's PlayStation 2013 Event

Loudninja

Posted by maquiladora:
When Sony wants to make an announcement, they need only post a message to their Twitter feed, Facebook page, or their own blog. But why drip that information when they can make a splash? With that in mind, Sony will be having an event. For 1200 attendees.

Twelve hundred people for an announcement is quite a spectacular number, especially considering that the majority of my New York-based press events have taken place in a small conference room at a PR company’s office (and let’s not forget any number of tiny warehouses and galleries).
http://www.forbes.com/sites/carolpi...ple-expected-at-sonys-playstation-2013-event/

Prologue

tumblr_lpj4vyuYGf1qbyfs4.gif

How many paid... er, enthusiastically clapping volunteers?
:p

Does sound like they are going big though. Should be interesting.

DR2K

Banned
Going to have to bring in the monster hunter clones by the truckload.

How many paid... er, enthusiastically clapping volunteers?
:p

Does sound like they are going big though. Should be interesting.

You give me a PS4 I'll be clapping like a Seal for fish.

What does 1200 people sighing in unison sound like? Tune in Wednesday!

Can't wait. Even if it's not great it can't be worse than the Bungie+Sony Vita disappointments this week.

If anybody is in doubt...

There is a 100% chance the PS4 will be announced at this conference.

This news literally confirms it.

Soi-Fong

I'd expect there to be around this number, surely? 1,200 people can't be much more than a decent sized cinema screen, say, 40 seats by 30 rows.

Lol You guys don't really know how press events work do you? Press events are usually only 100 - 200 journalists. 1200 is an enormous amount of people for a press event.

Hana-Bi

Doesn't make the event any better, but it is an other sign of the confidence Sony showed the last couple of days. Hope they deliver.

I think it's going to be cool, maybe even big... but I fear that just maybe people might be a little too hyped for this. We get hyped easy, but we're also easily let down. I just feel like even if Sony shows the console and some of its functionality and some games, I think we'd still be capable of the whole OH COME ON IS THAT IT shtick

But that's what makes it fun and entertaining I suppose. I'm hyped because I love games and I really can't wait to see the system, but with the advanced hype and the hype about how many people will be there, I can't help but think that maybe people should put a leash on their expectations. However, it is Sony's fault for getting people riled up like this and making free throws at Microsoft and even Nintendo, so hopefully this is a not only very informative but also a very surprising and and positive event.

Please note I'm very hyped, but I have no expectations beyond seeing the system, maybe getting pricing and a date, and seeing a few games. But that's enough for me to be hyped. I think some people will be expecting a lot more due to how Sony has been handling this and that could potentially backfire.

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
I think it's going to be cool, maybe even big... but I fear that just maybe people might be a little too hyped for this. We get hyped easy, but we're also easily let down. I just feel like even if Sony shows the console and some of its functionality and some games, I think we'd still be capable of the whole OH COME ON IS THAT IT shtick

But that's what makes it fun and entertaining I suppose. I'm hyped because I love games and I really can't wait to see the system, but with the advanced hype and the hype about how many people will be there, I can't help but think that maybe people should put a leash on their expectations. However, it is Sony's fault for getting people riled up like this and making free throws at Microsoft and even Nintendo, so hopefully this is a not only very informative but also a very surprising and and positive event.

I agree. I'm keeping my expectations in check for Wednesday's event.

times like this i wish i had a gaming blog that got traffic, i bet many random gaming blogs will get passes and etc

i want to be there.

dat 1200 people

jondabomb

This isn't going to help when it comes to starting the conference on time. I must say though that the leaks about the ps4 seem to make it look pretty good and seeing this much confidence from sony only assures me even more

antonz

Gotta get a cheering audience somehow. Surprised they didn't have giveaways for like 300 seats to fans on playstation blog

Top Bottom