• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (ATLUS | VanilaWare) TGS 2017 Trailer

Korigama

Hm, having them naked instead of wearing suits to pilot sounds not only impractical, but even boring to me. Rather hoping that segment resembling an RTS isn't representative of gameplay (something like their other side-scrollers, but with mechs, would be more interesting).

EDIT: Definitely much less interested if that represents how the whole game plays.

But they are in the same pose, it's just the camera angle that's different.
Yar, sorry, that's what I meant. The girl having the same camera angle as the boy would not be a problem if they're clothed. But considering that they're naked, we'd get quite an explicit view of her bare breasts.

Qvoth

the genre in the official site says it's "dramatic adventure"
so yeah... not sure what i feel now
i think it's basically a very much story based adventure game with some tower defense combat

at least it's cool vanillaware is trying something new

i think it's basically a very much story based adventure game with some tower defense combat

In retrospect, this makes sense considering the first two trailers. If the game had any sort of action gameplay, they would have teased it in some shape or form.

Zaru

I was fantasizing about a game idea in recent months and this is basically the same concept except with highschoolers

kewlmyc

Was expecting robot combat from a team that finally got good at hack n slash after the Odin Sphere remake, so hearing it might just be an adventure game is kinda lame. Not my preferred genre, but Inhote the story is good at least.

Also of course they pilot the mech naked.

Kuro

Are those middle school or high school uniforms? Fanservice with high school students is already bad enough with the small chance that they're at least 18 but middle school now?

fortunato

Banned
Yar, sorry, that's what I meant. The girl having the same camera angle as the boy would not be a problem if they're clothed. But considering that they're naked, we'd get quite an explicit view of her bare breasts.

Then put them some clothes on. It just seems a lazy excuse to sexualize the (very young) female character.

Eolz

Art looks amazing as expected from Kamitani. I wonder if this is gameplay:

02fullhd1920x1080.mp4u7j8z.png

Looked like gameplay to me.
First underwhelming Vanillaware game since a long time imo. They're going to have to do some serious convincing if they want me to buy it day 1. Seems closer to a VN with some weird strategy shooter on top of it this time.

Jarmel

Banned
I wonder if there's going to be a sexual tone to the story.

I really need to see how the game will actually play though. I would like the mech stuff to be interactive to some degree.

Maebe

This was looking so cool but they just had to have the kids pilot naked didn't they. But if it's top down gameplay I'm a less interested in that too

Don't know about the tower defense part, but otherwise that sounds very appealing to me. I'm glad they're doing something different and not abiding by the side-scrolling brawler formula this time.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Art looks amazing as expected from Kamitani. I wonder if this is gameplay:

02fullhd1920x1080.mp4u7j8z.png
That looked some kind of shooting section, i wonder if that's the "real" gameplay other than going left and right interacting with other characters.
It would be EXTREMELY disappointing if that's all imo.

Kazuhira

It definitely reminds me of Odin Sphere,i can't put my finger on who is the artist but this artstyle is really familiar.
I'm interested,let's see where this goes now.

That's George Kamitani, and all Vanillaware games use his art as a selling point

Thanks!

Zaru

It definitely reminds me of Odin Sphere,i can't put my finger on who is the artist but this artstyle is really familiar.
I'm interested,let's see where this goes now.
That's George Kamitani, and all Vanillaware games use his art as a selling point

Lime

if this is a bunch of middle schoolers, and they're put in sexually suggestive positions, isn't this a bit over the line?

kewlmyc

if this is a bunch of middle schoolers, and they're put in sexually suggestive positions, isn't this a bit over the line?
Where was it stated that they were in middle school?

Wouldn't be surprised but just wanting confirmation.

Chev

That looked some kind of shooting section, i wonder if that's the "real" gameplay other than going left and right interacting with other characters.
It would be EXTREMELY disappointing if that's all imo.
It is from Vanillaware, who love complex systems and have built them into all their games. Why are you immediately assuming, with a mere second of footage, that suddenly they'd have thrown all that away?

The running around city bit looked interesting since I dig the art style. And I like the idea of a story being told from the perspective of 13 different characters.

The RTS gameplay is the only thing that has me worried. I'm not a big strategy guy, so we'll see how that turns out.

Top Bottom