• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is getting a “Prologue” release in Japan on March 14

Shin

Banned
Atlus announced that the long-anticipated Vanillaware game 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is getting a Prologue release via retail and digital that features the first three hours of the game and all 13 of its characters.

In the 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Prologue players will get full control of all 13 protagonists and an early access to its story with about its first three hours.
However, it is noted that save data from the Prologue will not carry over to the full version of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim.

20190108_014212_thumb.jpg

The game will be available in two releases:

campaign_pack1_thumb.jpg

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Prologue releases in Japan on March 14, 2019 for PlayStation 4.

Credit: Siliconera

Last edited:

Renoir

I really need more info on this game. Loved Dragon Crown. Im interested but we still dont know if this is a platformer, action or what... Unless I missed it.

mejin

it is noted that save data from the Prologue will not carry over to the full version of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim.

Man, they really want it to fail wtf

Shin

Banned
Seems like Vanillaware's own Persona running on Odin Sphere engine
Speaking of that, it looks like Vanillaware is going back to fantasy for their next game, looking at this (which tends to end up being their next game).
Here's the Japanese page for the Atlus x Vanillaware collaboration or whatever Aegis Rim project is: http://atlus-vanillaware.jp/

I can just imagine someone suggesting it might be cool to sell a special physical edition of the demo and then this snowballing into charging for all forms of access to three hours worth of content that doesn't even transfer to the main game. Overall, the optics on this look a bit shitty for a game that doesn't even have a general release date.

I honestly hope the gameplay is good enough to buy a paid demo. :/

I loved Dragons Crown and Odin's Sphere to try it out regardless of Genre but man...it hurts to see this game delayed and then cancelling the Vita port.

Pejo

I'll buy it just for the art, but I hope they reconsidered the gameplay. From what I read last year, there's very little interaction.

Shin

Banned
The official Japanese Atlus Twitter account has posted beauty shots of the 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Music and Art Clips package that includes 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Prologue on Blu-ray disc.

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Music and Art Clips including original packaging, a 36-page visual book, a 10-track mini soundtrack CD, an original PlayStation 4 theme and avatar set download code, and 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Prologue for PlayStation 4 on Blu-ray disc. It is due out on March 14 in Japan.

13-Sentinels-Aegis-Rim-Beauty-Shot_Atlus-JP_01-22-19_001-600x450.jpg

13-Sentinels-Aegis-Rim-Beauty-Shot_Atlus-JP_01-22-19_002-600x450.jpg

Shin

Banned
So do I, I really want the theme (though not even sure what it looks like).
No clue, but then again coverage on this game is really low (Gematsu / Siliconera doesn't write much in their articles).

Top Bottom