• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

13GB update for Dead Rising 3

Just checked and new DLC is available from in game DLC menu option install was like 30 secs no idea of the size.

New menu option Untold Stories and 4 episodes to select from only Episode 1 can be selected as expected.

RdN

Has anyone faced slowdowns after the update?

I'm seeing some very noticeable dips in the framerate and some times very brief freeze, specially after receiving a new mission or completing one.

Jimez

Banned
13gb update!!!!!!!!. What the heck does it contain, all the DLC. I know i've got a pretty fast fibre connection with no cap, but that's taking the biscuit a bit

MrBS

I downloaded the first DLC episode before work this morning. The download size is 20mb.

CAPCPOM must be wizards to get the download size that small.....

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Oh that just takes it to a whole new level, doesn't it?

Can you imagine if Rock Band was like that? They would just pre-emptively upload every single song they release for DLC to your console, but you can only use the ones you paid for. Madness.

I had to upgrade my 20GB HDD for 360 a few months after RB2 came out because RB DLC alone was already enough to completely fill it.

ekim

Am I the only one who thinks the game is running much better now after the update? Feels like 30+ FPS all the time now and I didn't notice any large drops now like before.

Am I the only one who thinks the game is running much better now after the update? Feels like 30+ FPS all the time now and I didn't notice any large drops now like before.

when i blast through a horde of zombies with the split shot the framerate holds up now.

hwalker84

I think the framerate on the whole is better but I do get small freezes now which i didn't have before.

amardilo

Has everyone had the update?

I turned my 360 on last night and there was nothing in the notifications to say Dead Rising 3 had updated (I have the option to do downloads while the system is in a lower power mode).

amardilo

That might be your problem.

Yeah I was thinking there might be something up with my console.

Forza 5 updated a few days before the Dead Rising 3 update so I know my settings are OK (and my net connection is pretty good so I don't think it's that either).

Might try a reboot of the Xbox One to see if that starts up the update.

EDIT: Just realised I put 360 in my original post! :D I am a total idiot! I meant Xbox One and I totally misread your post.

Green Yoshi

Am I imaging things or is the performance worse after the patch? I have the feeling the framerate is lower than before. Texture loading takes longer, too. Especially noticeable in cutscenes.

Dead

well not really...yet
1 hour in and game went from 50 to 57%...wow looks like it will take all day to download this update

jond76

Banned
I'm headed home from work. It might still be on my computer.

some things I remember...
-contains all dlc (they said EPs 3-4)
-made it easier to choose something specific out of a pile.
-no co-op in dlc, but all weapons and vehicles can come to the main game. Including a Ventura style minigun.
-the dlcs intertwine with the main story

that's all I can recall now, I'll check when I'm home

GavinGT

Banned
I'm starting to think this was a case of Microsoft not wanting to push five different updates through cert (one code update + four DLCs). So they did it all at once and made everyone download everything, whether they're buying the DLC or not.

This includes patch notes.

Content for DLC episodes 3 and 4 added as part of this CU.
Various Stability Fixes.
Various Performance Improvements.
Online Stability improvements.
Added a progress bar to main menu while installer is running.
Fixed an issue which could allow the user to overwrite their save file during streaming install while the game is booted.
Fix for missing English VUI command in Multiplayer menu.
Some improvements to item pickups.
Fixed a reproducible issue where the player could get out of the world.
Fixed an issue where music wasn’t present during the streaming install.
Fixed some mission scripting issues.
Fixed an issue which could cause some co-op players to not progress blueprint collection achievements correctly.
Fixed an issue where the UI was not updating properly.
Fixed an issue which caused glass textures to appear low-res.
Fixed an issue which could cause shadows to render incorrectly.
Fixed a texture issue with the Golden SledgeSaw weapon.
SmartGlass stability fix.

bobot

Neo Member
Awesome. Picked this up today. Looking forward to having a bash. Dead rising is my favorite zombie franchise. :D

Edit: Poor showing on the install time MS

Top Bottom