• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

14 Games From MS Studios, their biggest number ever, Were you impressed?

thelastword

Banned
I may not have all the games listed in here, but please chime in......Are these the games you expected?

12 Minutes
3544962-image.png

Age Of Empires II
3545192-e3_microsoft_ageempires2_v2_trailer_site_06092019.jpg

BattleToads
3544947-image.png

Blair Witch
3545195-blairwitch_01.jpg

Bleeding Edge
3545197-bleeding-edge_screenshot_miko.jpg

CrossFireX
3545184-crossfirex_02.jpg

Forza Horizon 4 Lego DLC
3545189-3544974-d8ptcqvw4aafsim.jpg

Gears 5

3545782-gears_02.jpg

Gears Pop
3545176-gearspop_03.jpg

Halo Infinite
3545179-haloinfinite_04.jpg

MS Flight Simulator
3545190-trailer_flishgtsim_2019.jpg

Minecraft Dungeon
3545196-minecraft_microsoft_02.jpg

Ori and the Will of the Wisps
3537208-wsp7gbpvfu5ob6auflnf8kmnf_leczuxp_h2upffx6ad2qwe3kv6tjduqs-xn7arnndflauzojicr17q-3sx2g.jpg

State of Decay Heartland.....
3545187-stateofdecay_02.jpg

And a few ID @ XBOX titles...…….

Some of the pics used received here.....

https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/e3-2019-all-the-xbox-one-games-from-microsofts-pre/2900-2849/30/

Article on the promise of 14 games....."More first party games than we've ever had in the show," according to Phil Spencer.....

https://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-has-14-first-party-games-to-show-at-e3-2019/

It’s certainly a diverse lineup and there are a few I’m actually interested in. But certainly not all.

Remedy is working on the Crossfire X campaign. That’s cool.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Dont know why i'm replying but no i wasnt super impressed. I loved Flight Simulator coming back, that was actually my fave thing from the whole of E3.
Probelm is Microsoft have bought all these studios, and it made people think there will be tons of AAA games at this E3, but most of the studios were bought over the last year or less, it will take time for the fruits of their labour, probably next E3 in fact.
As for what was shown, yeah not very impressed, outside of 2 or 3 games.

thelastword

Banned
They said 14 games from Xbox studios. are all those games made by MS?
Blair Witch and CrossfireX may not be internally done. I just took games which only had PC/XBOX as the platform...Yet the majority of the pics posted, I recognize as MS first party games, that's the gist....If anyone has specific MS first party games I'm missing, they can post a pic or chime in...…

Zannegan

What on earth is CrossfireX? I saw the picture and was intrigued, so I went to look up the trailer. Now I am even more intrigued, but I have no idea what the game is about, not even its genre.

As for the 14 Microsoft Studio games, are you sure those are the right ones? CrossfireX says "first to Xbox console in 2020," which doesn't sound like a first party game to me.

I'd try a fair percentage of those titles--certainly not as many as the games I saw in the Nintendo Direct, but that's just how my tastes skew this year. I'm certainly down for Halo and Ori, and the Minecraft spinoff looks surprisingly compelling.

Given that we're a year out from new consoles,and in the context of a microsoft that's actively building its portfolio, that's honestly not a bad showing. *shrug*

Last edited:

Ma-Yuan

No not really. Cause MS rarely meets my taste in gaming >< So upping the numbers wont solve this isssue.

thelastword

Banned
I got this online, still catching up with some of the E3, content...Haven't watched most of the conferences.....

Age of Empires 4 + Age of Empires 2 + Age of Empires 3 - Definitive Edition • Relic Entertainment
Battletoads • DLaLa Studios/Rare
Bleeding Edge • Ninja Theory
Fable IV + Forza Horizon 4 (Update and New Content) • PlayGround Games
Forza Motorsport 8 • Turn 10
Gears of War 5 + Gears Tactics + Gears Pop • The Coalition
Halo: Infinite + Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Halo Reach and PC update) • 343 Industries
Minecraft Dungeons + Minecraft (Update and New Content) • Mojang
Ori and the Will of the Wisps • Moon Studios
The Outer Worlds • Obsidian Entertainment
Perfect Dark Reboot + Sea of Thieves (Update and New Content) • Rare
Wasteland 3 • inXile Entertainment

Riven326

Banned
I'm interested in Halo Infinite and Flight SIM. Other than that it's... okay, I guess? Gears 5 will just be yet another trip to 2006 until proven otherwise. Potential interest with that one. Sucks they didn't do a gameplay demo.

NickFire

Was not impressed. Interested to see how next generation Halo turns out, but as of now I just know they are making one.

Ribi

hell to the no

crossfire is garbage (and not an MS studio game), gears pop.... lol, hell they didnt even show 1 second of gameplay for gears 5. Who in the hell made that decision??? State of decay lul

Ori and flight sim look good at least.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
Is the State of Decay thing DLC? If it is that's 2 things that are DLC. Sort of cheating presenting DLC as new "games"...

It's pretty crazy to me that a platform holder can put out so much stuff that looks like little indie titles and that a lot of the devs they've recently purchased are small indie devs. I'm a bit confused at how they intend to turn around their lack of exclusives problem with all of this and them only announcing that after a full year since they said they were going to invest in more studios they've only purchased one extra, another known small game making dev...

The Outer Worlds • Obsidian Entertainment
Unless something changed, this is coming out on PS4. Obsidian were working on it before MS bought them and Take-Two is the publisher.

logicslayer

I didn't have an expectation for the 14 games. I am interested in several of the titles. There was a severe lack of gameplay shown on the big briefings. Kinda concerning, but I won't worry about it for now.

demigod

Is the State of Decay thing DLC? If it is that's 2 things that are DLC. Sort of cheating presenting DLC as new "games"...

Remember these from Phil's 14 games?

Made some changes to your list. Do we really believe that DLC will make the main stage? Phil said 14 games, that better not include DLC.
I doubt he would include dlc in the 14, well unless its some major dlc expansion. At the same time though, people need to remember most of the new studios were bought over the last few months to a year, anyone expecting a ton of major new AAA games is expecting too much imo. Next gen is when we will probably see the fruits of those studio buys.

The only game I'm interested in from their conference besides From Software's game is Blair Witch, no idea who the developer is.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
It's an objectively impressive list, but not really to my tastes. I'll definitely play the campaigns in Gears 5 and Halo Infinite, but those aren't as exciting for me as they are for those that play the MP modes a ton.

Ori I have a mild interest. I liked the first one, but found it hard and frustrating and my patience for hard platformers has only diminished in the time since. The rest just aren't games/genres that interest me. But that said, it's an objectively good library, especially for Xbox fans rather than people like me more into Sony/Nintendo games and cinematic, narrative driven stuff more generally.

Full gamepass to PC is great though. I'll definitely grab months of that to play things like Gears 5 and other games rather than buying them outright.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pejo

Ori is the only game that makes me truly excited in that lineup. Flight Sim is fun to dick around in for a while, and at least it showed some gameplay. Everything else was boring to awful. Most of them were just cutscenes.

Geki-D

Banned
Blair Witch, no idea who the developer is.
Bloober Team, guys who made Layers of Fear. Not too sure why this isn't on PS4 as it's neither made nor published by MS (pub is Lionsgate Games). No doubt it'll come to PS4 abit later. Either way, not a MS Studio game so it's not one of the 14.

jakinov

It's pretty crazy to me that a platform holder can put out so much stuff that looks like little indie titles and that a lot of the devs they've recently purchased are small indie devs. I'm a bit confused at how they intend to turn around their lack of exclusives problem with all of this and them only announcing that after a full year since they said they were going to invest in more studios they've only purchased one extra, another known small game making dev...

Unless something changed, this is coming out on PS4. Obsidian were working on it before MS bought them and Take-Two is the publisher.
A full year is nothing... They just formed a new studio and bought a bunch of studios already making other games. Games this generation that aren't sequels have been taking 3-5 years to make. Even some games that are sequels took 5 years of development. It's going to take more than a year to have something with presentable gameplay. They can probably have a cinematic in a year if they are confident the cinematic trailer will be representative of the story/characters of the game in future 2-4 years down the line.

Also, Minecraft is also coming to PS4. Microsoft was showcasing games made by their studios and published by them too. Because they have a business interest in highlighting them.

Naru

Wouldn't say impressed but I liked what I saw. Forza Lego addon, Minecraft ARPG, Ori, Blair Witch etc, all look very interesting.

JimiNutz

Banned
I appreciate the effort but there wasn't really anything shown that would drag me back to Xbox right now. The best thing about Xbox currently in my opinion is the incredible value that Game Pass offers.

A really strong showing from Halo might have done it for me but the lack of gameplay was a huge letdown.

As it stands currently I have no intention to buy another Xbox anytime soon (still have my launch One sitting collecting dust).

thelastword

Banned
Remember these from Phil's 14 games?
Well that was always my fear, notwithstanding that some of dlc/expansions were already announced at last year's E3, so definitely not new announcements either.....

The only game I'm interested in from their conference besides From Software's game is Blair Witch, no idea who the developer is.
Yes, this is done by a studio in POLAND called Bloober Team, they worked on Layers of Fear and the less known Observer...…

https://www.blooberteam.com/

Vawn

Banned
I'm in for Ori and curious about 12 minutes. Not interested in much else, especially not the mobile games.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Flight Simulator did look fantastic.

12 minutes looked neat too, just wish it were more isometric than top down directly, feels claustrophobic, but maybe that is by design.

Last edited:
What I really think is beautiful is there is at least 1 to 2 games that someone can appreciate. I think with that they have acomplished alot. You cannot please everyone.

DanielsM

Banned
I was hoping to see a GoW5 that I might enjoy, and hopefully come to my platform of choice, so its a no go for me across the board. Ori doesn't look bad for sure. (y)

Last edited:

Vasto

I am very impressed by Flight Simulator. I have watched the trailer multiple times in 4K / HDR and it looks amazing. Its the only game have seen that actually looks Next Gen. Its a good list of games to close out the gen with. At this point I would rather them save the new AAA stuff for Scarlett.

Last edited:
Yeah I think I was. Flight sim looks crazy. I work with a guy who did the cover art of the original flight sim :) Wasn't expecting Microsoft dungeon, might try that out. Want to try gears pop and tactics. Wanted to see Fable, oh well.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
For a game that has 65 million players playing it you would think you'd be able to find some gameplay video of crossfire x on YouTube but nope

jadedm17

Forza DLC.... Gears mobile game.... The Switch is getting Minecraft Dungeon....
Seems like we're trying to fudge the numbers a bit.

I'm positive nonetheless : Ori and Gears 5 are all I need personally. Halo whenever that arrives hoping that's solid.

I'm still worrisome overall of them ever matching Sony's output as I've largely not touched my Xbox for 2018 and most 2019.

V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member
Not really. Just Ori and Lego SW looked interesting to me.

I'm really happy with their conference and releases coming up. There was nothing mind blowing but these all looked really good to me and I can't wait to check them on out my X:

• The Outer Worlds
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator
  • Minecraft Dungeons
  • Wasteland 3
Also, the rumored Fable reboot that I think was cut late from the show maybe? Hopefully it gets released on the X still as well.

rəddəM

No. Too many pre rendered CGIs, not enough actual gameplay.
Pretty underwhelming E3 without Sony I would say.
Sony show the GAMES.
Now it's all behind closed doors for media and attendees.
Edit: Flight Simulator looks dope BTW.

Last edited:
Top Bottom