• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1400P

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBomb

mod edit
See: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/ps5-gets-1440p-support-glory-is-upon-us.1639560/unread

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Starting today, PS5 beta testers can try out some new system software features, including:<br><br>📺 1440p HDMI video output<br>📝 Gamelists<br>🤝 New PS5 UX enhancements and social features<br><br>More details and a full list of features at PS Blog: <a href="https://t.co/QvnfLu11Uw">https://t.co/QvnfLu11Uw</a> <a href="https://t.co/MF2aN0EefG">pic.twitter.com/MF2aN0EefG</a></p>&mdash; PlayStation ( PlayStation PlayStation ) <a href="">July 28, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited by a moderator:
malcom tucker GIF

Hakiroto

Yeah, I honestly didn't think this would ever happen. Here's the summary from the PlayStation Blog:

- 1440p HDMI Video Output
- Gamelists
- Compare 3D Audio and Stereo Audio
- Easier Access to In-progress Activities
- Request Share Screen
- Joinable Game Notification
- View New Friends’ Profiles
- Send Stickers and Voice Messages in Game Base

bitbydeath

Wonder what game lists is. I hope it is what I think it is.
  • Gamelists
    • In your Game Library you can now create gamelists, which make organizing your games even easier.
    • To start, go to the [Your Collection] tab and select [Create Gamelist]. Choose games to add to your gamelist, then decide what to name it.
    • You can have up to 15 gamelists and 100 games per gamelist. All games under the “Your Collection” tab of your Game Library can be added to a gamelist, including disc, digital and streaming titles.*** You can also add the same game to multiple gamelists.

3b1a644099d4127e0bd97bc1484866d92c2a2e82-scaled.jpg

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

xHunter

Best resolution in gaming.

Easier access to activities is great. Easy one of the better next gen features when the game you play has multiple gamemodes.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
1440p 100+ fps best settings.

4k is overrated, happy for ps5 users can get the best of both worlds now

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Wow. I can’t believe they caved in for that antiquated 1440p transitional resolution output.
All tvs are 4k. Better to have 4k ui and 1440p checkerboard to 4k.

Amount of 1440p monitor users on ps5 is small. And most of 1440p monitors accept 4k and downscale to 1440p.

That’s a waste of dev for backwards ass old resolution

ZywyPL

Banned
That one came out of nowhere, the demand must have been quite big if Sony actually listened. Good move.

Dibils2k

Wow. I can’t believe they caved in for that antiquated 1440p transitional resolution output.
All tvs are 4k. Better to have 4k ui and 1440p checkerboard to 4k.

Amount of 1440p monitor users on ps5 is small. And most of 1440p monitors accept 4k and downscale to 1440p.

That’s a waste of dev for backwards ass old resolution
i mean i am pretty sure if your monitor doesnt accept 4k then you are stuck with 1080p output on a 1440p monitor... i dont see how anyone can complain about this change

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
So far on 1440p monitors only upscaled 1080p was possible so big improvement here with downsampled 4k.
Depends. Most 1440p monitors released in last 3-4 years do accept 4k signal and downscale it to 1440p. Which looks good. Even gigabyte monitor I had did that.

Anyway. 1440p monitors mean no proper hdr either.. that’s not great.
Ps5 is best experienced on good hdr tv. Pc gamers screaming for 1440p support only hurt themselves for playing on a crappy. monitor. Especially if it don’t even accept 4k

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
i mean i am pretty sure if your monitor doesnt accept 4k then you are stuck with 1080p output on a 1440p monitor... i dont see how anyone can complain about this change
Then change a monitor. No 4k support even as downscale in 2022… that’s shit frankly

Depends. Most 1440p monitors released in last 3-4 years do accept 4k signal and downscale it to 1440p. Which looks good. Even gigabyte monitor I had did that.

Anyway. 1440p monitors mean no proper hdr either.. that’s not great.
Ps5 is best experienced on good hdr tv. Pc gamers screaming for 1440p support only hurt themselves for playing on a crappy. monitor. Especially if it don’t even accept 4k

1440p monitor will accept 4k but it won't accept 4k 120. You will always be stuck with 1440p 60.

This is solid news for 1440p owners. I don't see why you complaining about it.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
1440p monitor will accept 4k but it won't accept 4k 120. You will always be stuck with 1440p 60.

This is solid news for 1440p owners. I don't see why you complaining about it.
I forgot about that.
Anyway. There are 4k120 monitors too. I don’t see a reason not to have it all. They are coming down the price. 1440p is on prolonged life

I forgot about that.
Anyway. There are 4k120 monitors too. I don’t see a reason not to have it all. They are coming down the price. 1440p is on prolonged life

Yeah if you can get 4k120 that's just the best situation.

Now they just need to implement system wide 120 hz mode and it will make 60hz screens obsolete for me.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
HUGE. I thought PS5 was bizarrely gimped without this and had kind of judged it.
1440p won't support VRR though :messenger_tears_of_joy: most 1440p monitors support VRR so that'll be going to waste until sony bother their ass adding support for it. VRR only works for 1080p and 4K. absolutely no reason 1440p can't support it.

BlackTron

1440p won't support VRR though :messenger_tears_of_joy: most 1440p monitors support VRR so that'll be going to waste until sony bother their ass adding support for it. VRR only works for 1080p and 4K. absolutely no reason 1440p can't support it.

I didn't read carefully enough. But I decided to take a patient stance on PS5 since its unveiling. By the time we have a slim model and PSVR2 maybe this will be sorted.

This thing is like PS3 ver2 for me. I know I'll get it, but uhh...not yet lol.

bitbydeath

oh looks like gamelists are just for your collection, not home screen
I’m going to pin my current games and backlog games to the home screen and then have the remaining party games and sometimes games stored in lists.

Last edited:

DJ12

I have been given a UK (if it matters) code for the beta so can give it to 4 people if they want to dip in to it.

Feel free to message me for the code. Anyone can have it, forst come first served and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom