• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15 minutes of Skyrim PS4 footage.

Man this would have been my must buy if there weren't any restrictions or lack of space on mods. Oh well, maybe someday.

The gameplay looks great though. Much more vibrant.

You guys think I should buy this? I'm getting kinda interested.

- I never played "pretty" Skyrim, only janky looking barely running Skyrim on my old PC.
- I never played any of the DLC.
- Most likely not getting a new PC anytime soon
- Played it "enough" when it came out, but haven't been *everywhere*

- I never played "pretty" Skyrim, only janky looking barely running Skyrim on my old PC.

If you enjoyed what you played previously, I think it's well worth it. It's easy to lose hours to this game just messing around outside of the main quests.

Well it looks like they will be selling at 60$/€... If it was something like 40 I would jump back in and recommend it but at this price I don't think so :/
But I'm pretty sure the price will drop fast so I suggest to wait if you're close to your money like me :p

Despera

Banned
Sorry Bethesda, I already installed mods that made the game look a hundred times better than this unnecessary remaster.

Pass for me.

Still hate the price but, I double dipped because I wanted to play Skyrim on the PS4 since early 2014 and now I can. This and Demon's Souls are the main reasons I got into RPG games but mostly Skyrim.

I wasn't going to at first, but looks like I'll be getting this on PS4P. Need some games to show off on the 4K screen, and Skyrim is looking pretty great!

No 30fps. I don't know why but I was kind of hoping it might (lol) come to PSVR. I realize it was never gonna happen but it was nice to dream.

And yeah, I know. Games built from the ground up for VR are a lot better in VR than other games. But still... Woulda been cool.

Tyaren

Strange how I remember it even better looking on my Xbox360 (haven't played it in many years). Seeing this footage now everything (especially the cities and people) feel steril, and lifeless and plain.

Strange how I remember it even better looking on my Xbox360. Seeing this footage now everything (especially the cities and people) feel steril, and lifeless and plain.
Yeah nostalgia (or something like that) does that to you sometimes. Kind of a shock when you go back to older games and realizing just how bad it looked sometimes. Or vice versa.

Luciano96

Neo Member

Get it.
The Dawnguard DLC is pretty good imo

black070

Native 4K is literally all I needed to hear - this alone justifies the Pro purchase for me, I love me some Elder Scrolls.

Strange how I remember it even better looking on my Xbox360 (haven't played it in many years). Seeing this footage now everything (especially the cities and people) feel steril, and lifeless and plain.

Go watch the comparison video on Youtube of the PS3 version vs the remaster, you'll be surprised if you think the 360 version was anywhere near the new version.

I'm mostly excited for the lighting, shadow, and foliage upgrades.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Sorry Bethesda, I already installed mods that made the game look a hundred times better than this unnecessary remaster.

Pass for me.

Cool story.

Not everyone has a nice PC or the time or want to install hundreds of mods like you or I.

Console gamers deserve to play Skryim like this too.

Cool story.

Not everyone has a nice PC or the time or want to install hundreds of mods like you or I.

Console gamers deserve to play Skryim like this too.

Indeed. I have a great gaming PC and I played Skyrim on it at launch at ultra settings and whatnot. I feel bad for PS3 users who had to play that version of the game.

This is a great opportunity for them to see it the way it should have been.

DeaDPo0L84

Pass for me.

What is the point of this post? Bethesda doesnt actually read this forum so basically you are just bragging or drive-by shit posting for the console owners.

On topic that Xbox One looked really good, may go that route strictly for the expanded mod support.

Trace

Banned
What is the point of this post? Bethesda doesnt actually read this forum so basically you are just bragging or drive-by shit posting for the console owners.

On topic that Xbox One looked really good, may go that route strictly for the expanded mod support.

I think the issue is more that for the amount of money they're charging for this, people have come to expect more. It's been five years since this game came out and the "next-gen port" looks worse than what PC players have been playing since 2012.

FarmerGiles

Bleurgh, not at all impressed with this. Maybe if they'd actually put some effort in to making it the definitive version to buy, CD projekt style. Something like adding cut quest lines, revamping the AI, introducing the original Civil War concept they had, adding new skills/magic etc.

But no, it's just Skyrim with a couple of throwaway visual effects added in. It's a Pass for me.

Happy that the PS4 folk who haven't played it get to experience it however.

Ploid 3.0

I played too much over the top graphical modded Skyrim. When I see vanilla it looks so bland, like I hit the hotkeys that disable the post processed mods. The updated textures over the original console textures that PC had is nice.

I look forward to seeing if this changes anything for PC and mods. I sort of expected it to have a Fallout 4 shader look. I still need to buy the DLCs that I'm missing to get the free update, but I don't think it will change much so far. I'll be ok with buying it later if it turns out to be a big improvement for PC Skyrim + mods.

If you enjoyed what you played previously, I think it's well worth it. It's easy to lose hours to this game just messing around outside of the main quests.

Well it looks like they will be selling at 60$/€... If it was something like 40 I would jump back in and recommend it but at this price I don't think so :/
But I'm pretty sure the price will drop fast so I suggest to wait if you're close to your money like me :p

Get it.
The Dawnguard DLC is pretty good imo

Thanks for the advice! Looks like "buy when it is first on sale" for me then.

Top Bottom