• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15% off coupon at Dell.com (PSP- $145, Xbox 360- $169, PS3- $339)

Meier

I kind of want to buy a PSP again... I wish they'd drop the price further though. I see this is the slightly older version -- to clarify, the new version of the PSP's screen is brighter but has problems? Something like that?

shpankey

not an idiot
yeah, it's the 2000 model. still hell of a deal. thanks bro! :D

ps. ya, people complaining about so called "scan lines" or some such on the newer 3000 models. i believe the 3000 also has less battery life. so there is good reason for some people to actually want the 2000 model. personally, i wanted the 3000 but too good a deal to miss here. :)

The elite is so tempting at that price. Are all the holiday bundles falcons and is dell.com a reliable place to order from?

RBH

H_Prestige said:
The elite is so tempting at that price. Are all the holiday bundles falcons and is dell.com a reliable place to order from?
Yes, they are falcons, and based on what other people here on GAF and on CAG have been saying, dell.com seems to be pretty reliable.

Meier

H_Prestige said:
They had that deal where you could get an Elite for like $250 or something when it was still $450 regularly (maybe $300, I forget) and I hopped on it. Worked like an absolute charm.

moowear

I have to chime in and say that the last time dell had this deal, I picked up an arcade unit. From what I'm gathering online, I believe I have a jasper unit based on the power supply being 150w, the manufacturing date and one other thing I forgot (can't seem to find that article online). Also, the MU is built in. I could be wrong.

edit: found it, it's what is labeled "voltage/amperage" rating of 14.2A (falcon) vs 12.1A (jasper)

DustoMan

Banned
moowear said:
I have to chime in and say that the last time dell had this deal, I picked up an arcade unit. From what I'm gathering online, I believe I have a jasper unit based on the power supply being 150w, the manufacturing date and one other thing I forgot (can't seem to find that article online). Also, the MU is built in. I could be wrong.

edit: found it, it's what is labeled "voltage/amperage" rating of 14.2A (falcon) vs 12.1A (jasper)

I can also confirm that the Arcade Bundle I got from Dell was a Jasper. :D

Az

yea i always see those deals on the gaming deals blog...

so tempted to get a 360 for a good friend of mine

shpankey said:
yeah, it's the 2000 model. still hell of a deal. thanks bro! :D

ps. ya, people complaining about so called "scan lines" or some such on the newer 3000 models. i believe the 3000 also has less battery life. so there is good reason for some people to actually want the 2000 model. personally, i wanted the 3000 but too good a deal to miss here. :)

That's not exactly true.

RBH

moowear said:

I wasn't expecting Dell to have Jaspers. I wonder when they'll become prevalent amongst the Pros and Elites.

Are there any notable differences between the 80GB and 160GB PS3 models, aside from the HDD? And is there a good reason to spring for the 160, or not really? Either way I'm jumping on this.

RBH

blame space said:
Does that PSP come with a Memory Stick PD? (fuck Sony and that failed format, BTW)
I don't think so. Just the system, the battery, and the AC charger are included.

MomoPufflet said:
Are there any notable differences between the 80GB and 160GB PS3 models, aside from the HDD? And is there a good reason to spring for the 160, or not really? Either way I'm jumping on this.
No real difference between the actual models aside from the HDD. I personally think that the 160GB bundle is a complete waste, so I'd suggest going for the 80GB unless you really feel that you need the extra space.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Here's a few more I noticed. Only counting the ones that would give you free shipping.

I didn't see RB2 for Wii or GHWT for Wii or PS3, but maybe I missed it.

Guitar Hero: World Tour full band bundle (360) for $160

Rock Band 2 full band bundle (360) for $163

Rock Band 2 full band bundle (PS3) for $163

Halo 3 Legendary Edition for $110

I'm not sure if with past coupons people have placed multiple orders, so I dunno if the coupon could only be used once per address. I'm going to try and grab a few this weekend though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
GS has been selling the H3 LE for $80 for some time now.

The black PSP 3000 bundle and Core system is already out. I wonder why Dell doesn't have them yet. They usually stock new stuff in a matter of days after release.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Kadey said:
GS has been selling the H3 LE for $80 for some time now.

The black PSP 3000 bundle and Core system is already out. I wonder why Dell doesn't have them yet. They usually stock new stuff in a matter of days after release.

How is the 3000 compared to the 2000? I want to get another PSP again, but I'm hearing conflicting reports.

Oh, and has anyone bought the 3000 bundle? Does Ratchet come in a cardboard sleeve or an actual game case?

Lebron

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to swoop on 3 360 arcade ones, but they'll only let me use it once per order. Sooooo, I'll just pay for one, then use sisters and mom's CC's for the others and just give them back the money. Everybody wins!

RBH said:
No real difference between the actual models aside from the HDD. I personally think that the 160GB bundle is a complete waste, so I'd suggest going for the 80GB unless you really feel that you need the extra space.

Nice, that's what I was hoping. Anyway I just ordered an 80GB. Was going to wait for my next check to get a PS3, but this deal was too good. Thanks for the heads up!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
omg rite said:
How is the 3000 compared to the 2000? I want to get another PSP again, but I'm hearing conflicting reports.

Oh, and has anyone bought the 3000 bundle? Does Ratchet come in a cardboard sleeve or an actual game case?

If you already have a 2000 model, then no. If you can get it for cheap somehow, yes.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Kadey said:
If you already have a 2000 model, then no. If you can get it for cheap somehow, yes.

Yeah, I sold mine a while back and I just want to get a new one. Not sure which one to go with.

Delio

I plan on jumping on this and grabbing the Arcade next week right before the deal ends. So it's a good chance the arcade will be a Jasper unit yes?

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
dreamer3kx said:
stupid nyc tax, would've purchased a 360 arcade.

Like, 14 dollars is the difference? Really?

Edit: Are all Arcades Jasper now? Or are all built in memory units Jaspers?

RBH

Coupon expires tomorrow.

Delio said:
I plan on jumping on this and grabbing the Arcade next week right before the deal ends. So it's a good chance the arcade will be a Jasper unit yes?
It appears to be that way based on what other people (who have ordered from dell) have been saying.

Gandara

If the $150 with the sony card is true.. that would mean you could get a PS3 for $189?

Not sure if to get this, or do the amazon combo where I get $250 off on 2 blu-ray movies + one game and a ps3 (bring it to $250). At least I have something to try out when I get my PS3, but then again.. I'm not sure

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Gandara said:
If the $150 with the sony card is true.. that would mean you could get a PS3 for $189?
I'm pretty sure you have to use the Sony card at the Sony store to get the $150 credit.

Gandara

Gandara

Hmm. here are the full conditions. Looks like you need to purchase it at the full $399 price. Maybe someone was able to get it to work, but I don't want to chance it.

Reduced pricing based on purchase of PS3 at the $399 MSRP for 80GB. Does not include tax or shipping and handling fees.

1. PlayStation Card is issued by Chase Bank USA, NA, and is subject to credit approval. To qualify for this offer, you must apply for your new PlayStation Card by 12/31/08. In some instances an application may require additional processing, in which case instant approval will be unavailable. To qualify for the $150 card credit, you MUST purchase a PLAYSTATION 3 system with your new PlayStation Card ("PS3 Purchase") at an authorized Sony retailer such as Sony Style store and SonyStyle.com. Complete instructions will be sent upon your approval for the PlayStation Card via email. To receive card credit, your account must be opened by 01/31/2009 and PS3 Purchase must be made by 03/07/2009. Card credit will be posted to your PlayStation Card Statement within 8-12 weeks after PS3 Purchase. This promotional offer is available to new PlayStation Card accounts only and only one $150 card credit may be earned per PlayStation Card account. Existing PlayStation Card account holders or accounts are not eligible.

Top Bottom