• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1666 Amsterdam - Gameplay footage

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WVEo4yXpho

2016-04-3012_00_57-163aske.png

2016-04-3012_00_25-164cs05.png

Eolz

That's an interesting TGF, impressive he managed to record that.
I don't think it would have worked.

I'm.... not sure what I just watched.

Hope it gets made eventually though, if only to see what the concept would be in full.

Ashtar

Dutch master the game but you play as the devil, short clip but looked interesting I suppose there would be real objectives and missions besides causing anarchy in the streets and being a jerk

Gloam

Oh, 666, that's silly. The intro with the paintings was pretty good, nice vision behind it. Wonder if the game will resurface at some point.

So it was a game about a 17th century cane wielding Dutch wizard and his animal friends larging it in Amsterdam?

Why didn't this get made again? Also, doesn't he have the rights to this back? Because I now really want this!

So it was a game about a 17th century cane wielding Dutch wizard and his animal friends larging it in Amsterdam?

Why didn't this get made again? Also, doesn't he have the rights to this back? Because I now really want this!

Didn't get made because THQ imploded.

And yes, Patrice has the rights for the project again. But he's working on a different game now,

pitchfork

Dutch master the game but you play as the devil, short clip but looked interesting I suppose there would be real objectives and missions besides causing anarchy in the streets and being a jerk

I'd spend hours just fucking with people as a cat

Paasei

Big shame it will never get released now. Wasn't there a result not too long abo about giving the rights back from Ubisoft to the original creator/designer?

As a Dutch person myself, I am ofcourse already a bit biased in that I was really looking forward to this game.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I'd have loved a recreation of 17th century Amsterdam and I'd have ignored the ridiculous number of windmills cluttering the landscape.

Nokterian

As a dutch this looks phenomenal a shame it never came to be..patrice got the IP back but when we will see this ever again is a good question.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
What was this game supposed to be? Looks like a mix of AssCreed w/ a possession mechanic. What was the general story pitch?

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Actually in many of the old Dutch prose the Devil plays a big part. Something like Mariken van Nieumeghen comes to mind, maybe it's a twist on something like that.

Yonafunu

I mean, as someone born and raised in Amsterdam, it's a cool idea and everything, but it looks damn rough. Interested to see how this ends up.

jesu

There was a video on here recently, from NVIDIA I think that showed an upcoming Ubisoft game.
(Something to do with VR I think)
It was a bird flying sequence just like in this video.

GavinGT

Banned
That's a weird combination. Warging into animals in an AC-esque setting doesn't sound like a fun time to me. I can just imagine the map littered with collectibles, and most of them just boil down to "Oh, this is the one where I use x animal to do y thing".

Top Bottom