• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1995 doesn’t exist.

DrJohnGalt

Banned
This is the movie of your life!
It went straight to home video. The movie has long-since ended and I'm still sitting in front of the TV, in the dark, alone, watching the blooper reel and outtakes that my life has become.

But at least I don't think 1995 was a lie. At least I've got that going for me. Right?

Aesius

Imagine browsing GAF in 2000 and reading a nostalgia thread where some old farts were discussing 1975...

Didn‘t happen though since people that old weren‘t using discussion forums at the time.

I remember chatting with some old farts on Age of Empires 2 message boards circa 2000-2001. I think one guy was already in his 70s, so he's probably long dead by now.

segasonic

scared rickey smiley GIF by TV One

Scotty W

Gold Member
finally, there is Keigo Oyamada AKA Cornelius's landmark release, 69/96
I can’t help but notice a bit of reality seeping through your charade. 96 in what was supposedly 95? Haha, charade you are!
It was also this weired time where people were both nihilistic but happy. 90's songs have this distinct happy but melancholy sound to them that is unmistakable to anyone who grew up during the era.
Good point

Kagey K

Banned
I'd probably be a wcw fan until the attitude era started.
My son so far has gone back and forth. He preferred WWF during the Golden Era and then went WCW around 91, now that we are starting the Monday Night Wars he goes back and forth from episode to episode.

He tends to mirror much of my thoughts when I watched it as a kid, but I’m trying not to influence him as to who is better or worse based on my modern knowledge and nostalgia. 😅

He has an unnatural hate for Shawn Micheals because of the Barber Shop with Marty even though that was a few years ago in WWF time and Shawn is full face now.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
My son and I just got through it and it was so long and terrible and nothing happened (except the start of Nitro). WWF/WCW wish this year didn’t exist.

96 start outs so much stronger than 95 ended.

What you don't love WCW Hogan feuding with the Butcher?

The greatest stable in all of cheesy wrestling history thanks 1995.

Dungeon of Doom 4 LYFE.

Hogan killing the Giant and then the YETI.

1995 WCW was glorious for all the wrong reasons.

Imagine if the Dungeon of Doom had taken the business by storm like the NWO. Move the time line 1 year earlier and the Giant and the YETI replace Hall and Nash as causing the wrestling boom. Lex's Heel turn in 96 would have been the shocking heel turn not Hogans. WWE instead of the attitude era goes even further into the gimmicks and new generation to try and copy the DOD.

LOL Imagine how different wrestling would have been.

Kagey K

Banned
What you don't love WCW Hogan feuding with the Butcher?

The greatest stable in all of cheesy wrestling history thanks 1995.

Dungeon of Doom 4 LYFE.

Hogan killing the Giant and then the YETI.

1995 WCW was glorious for all the wrong reasons.

Imagine if the Dungeon of Doom had taken the business by storm like the NWO. Move the time line 1 year earlier and the Giant and the YETI replace Hall and Nash as causing the wrestling boom. Lex's Heel turn in 96 would have been the shocking heel turn not Hogans. WWE instead of the attitude era goes even further into the gimmicks and new generation to try and copy the DOD.

LOL Imagine how different wrestling would have been.
This just made me try to imagine a world where Kevin Sullivan was the face of WcW and Jeff Jarrett was the face of WWF.

What a world that could have been. 🤢

cryptoadam

Banned
This just made me try to imagine a world where Kevin Sullivan was the face of WcW and Jeff Jarrett was the face of WWF.

What a world that could have been. 🤢

A wrestling world ruled by Sullivan, the Zodia, Z Gangster, Dark Side Hogan, The Giant and the Yeti

While fighting WWFs King Mable, Diesel Power, Atom Bomb and Double J.

Kagey K

Banned
A wrestling world ruled by Sullivan, the Zodia, Z Gangster, Dark Side Hogan, The Giant and the Yeti

While fighting WWFs King Mable, Diesel Power, Atom Bomb and Double J.
You could have had Mantaur and Barry Horowitz as top stars and they just bury Matt and Jeff Hardy for eternity on Raw week in and week out.

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I remember getting a Saturn, and I just loved the smell. We opened the box, I think it was around 5pm. The sun was setting, I could see it from my window. And it had a Virtua Fighter CD included, which we had thought was music.

The console had a cartridge slot, so we assumed the game had to come in a cartridge. We had to call the store, and they convinced us that the game was in the CD. Wild, huh? Great memories.

I became a VF junkie after that. And I even got prizes for my skill with VF3 in my local Arcade center.

Top Bottom