• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1CC Lists

Yes Boss!

Just Raiden Fighters Jet 360 (default settings, think it is one level below arcade).

I don't think I'll ever one credit another shooter.

edit: added a couple
These I remember, but there are many more, of course I can't touch Cave aficionados:

[AC]Wonder Boy
[AC]Ghouls 'n Ghosts
[AC]Golden Axe [1 life]
[AC]Altered Beast [1 life]
[AC]Double Dragon
[SFC]Final Fight Guy (1 life) / [AC] Final Fight
[AC]Kung Fu Master
[SFC]+[GBA]Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (1life)
[SFC]Axelay (1 life)
[SFC]Area 88 (probably the hardest 1cc for me)
[SFC]Super R-Type III
[SFC]+[GBA] Contra III: The Alien Wars [ALL][1 life] (of course I meant starting in Normal, looping @Hard)
[MD]Strider (1 life) / [AC] Strider
[MD]Thunder Force III
[MD]Thunder Force IV
[DC]Mars Matrix
[DC]Cannon Spike
[DC]Under Defeat
[iOS]DoDonPachi:R [1st loop] iPhone/Original

Some of those games you listed are pretty damn hard. I'd say Mars Matrix and Under Defeat can give a lot of the Cave games a run for their money. From my limited expereince, I'd say those games are quite a bit harder than something like Deathsmiles, Mushihimesama, or DoDonPachi Resurrection. Under Defeat in particular is really damn hard. That game just wrecks me.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Some of those games you listed are pretty damn hard. I'd say Mars Matrix and Under Defeat can give a lot of the Cave games a run for their money. From my limited expereince, I'd say those games are quite a bit harder than something like Deathsmiles, Mushihimesama, or DoDonPachi Resurrection. Under Defeat in particular is really damn hard. That game just wrecks me.

I dunno, it must be how my brain works and the mechanics of those games.
It sucks because as I've said Cave's stuff is among my fav games *ever*, especially anything DoDonPachi.
I get that a lot especially for Mars Matrix, but are MM and Under Defeat defaulting to an easier difficulty on DC than on the Naomi boards? Because while they aren't easy by any means, I think that even something like Ikaruga from lev4 onwards is more difficult, at least for me.
For example I could never ever get into EspGaluda II and its arrange modes, I just don't get it, seems to me you need to be some kind of braniac to process all the stuff on screen and apply the best mechanic needed per section. I also love Futari 1.5 but there's a huge difficulty spike for me that starts at some point in world 3 and never goes down :shrugs:

As for platformers, I'm (I was) a very good Ghouls 'n Ghost player and even (much) better at Super, yet despite loving Ghost 'n Goblins I could never beat that game (and I never bothered later because the credits feeding was so crazy that I didn't feel any level of accomplishment). Much, much harder than its predecessors. It doesn't help that at the time I didn't have a near/arcade perfect port to practice on at home.
You know what? I'm gonna try that, I want to master Ghost 'n Goblins :)

razu

Nice thread. I love 1CC.

That said, I don't think I've ever 1CCed any game.

I mean, I've completed lots of games like street fighter without continuing, but I don't think those count.

Also, lots of people are citing Crazy Taxi. I don't get it. I always played it to do as many laps as possible by picking the right sequence of passengers. But, the timer ran out and you got a high score as far as I remember. Can you complete it? Mind blown if so!

The game I'd like to 1CC is Final Fight. That would feel like a decent achievement. I'd probably do it in FF One, which, for reasons of timing, I always play on my GBA Micro. Despite having the Jamma board :) But hey, I reckon once I got tech enough on the GBA I could transfer to the arcade.

1CC feels like something I should be into, as I play a small number of games per year. I might dig out the PS2 and start playing Gradius a few times a week.

Again. Nice thread! Subscribed!

Tain

Also, lots of people are citing Crazy Taxi. I don't get it. I always played it to do as many laps as possible by picking the right sequence of passengers. But, the timer ran out and you got a high score as far as I remember. Can you complete it? Mind blown if so!

I consider getting an S license and seeing the ending credits to be a clear. I don't think that's a very hard thing to do at all, though it does take some level of familiarity with the game.

With the exception of the first four on my list, I don't usually "try" for 1CC runs. Sometimes, though, they just happen. With that being said, these are the ones I'm sure about:

[360] Deathsmiles (Only with Rosa 'cause I suck, and with the "recommended" path.)
[AC] Golden Axe (1 life)
[AC] Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
[AC] Turtles In Time
[AC] Final Fight
[Genesis] Streets of Rage 2
[Genesis] Golden Axe II

I want to get back into shmups, but I need a new arcade stick and I'm poor. :p

razu

I consider getting an S license and seeing the ending credits to be a clear. I don't think that's a very hard thing to do at all, though it does take some level of familiarity with the game.

Right, okay. Yeah, I only see games that have a definite end to be 1CC candidates. But that's just me.

None. I do remember getting through 90% of Pirates of Dark Water for SNES without dying, until I got to a pit that was really hard to jump over and I lost almost all my lives. Same thing used to happen with Double Dragon 2 for NES. I could get through most of the game unscatched then I reached that spooky mansion with the gears and spikes and the deaths would flow.

Ifrit

Thread need more videos

From the ones I remember, I can 1 CC:

- Megaman 9 and X
- Contra 3
- Metal Slug 1, 2
- Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2
- Street Fighter Alpha

This thread need more videos btw

I like this thread. I've never 1CC'ed any tough games, just some easier genesis action-platformers.

I want to get into Contra games more. Slowly working though Hard Corps uprising in rising mode trying to get better and better at each stage before I progress. Then I'll try a 1CC in arcade mode (figure if I can 1 or 2 life clear each stage individually, then I have plenty of room for error on an arcade run, as there are a few 1ups in each area). After that maybe I'll try original Hard Corps (I have it, but haven't played much).

I also want to get into some Cave games (plan to pick up an arcade stick soon).

I think a few 1CC Contras and a Cave game or 2 could be a good goal for this year.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
These I remember, but there are many more, of course I can't touch Cave aficionados:

[AC]Ghouls 'n Ghosts

I actually did this once (G'n'G is my favorite game of all time) and would pay good money to see anyone else dare to try it live today.

Also my proudest 1CC (actually zero deaths TBH) was Target Earth on Genesis.

These are all arcade games, I can't remember what I've done on consoles, it seems less important somehow :p

Nemesis (Gradius)
Vulcan Venture (Gradius II)
Salamander
Gryzor (Contra)
Super Contra
Strider
Black Tiger
Typhoon (Ajax)
Thunder Cross
Thunder Cross 2
Wardner
Golden Axe
Side Arms
Midnight Resistance
Double Dragon
Bad Dudes vs Dragon Ninja

Tain

These are all arcade games, I can't remember what I've done on consoles, it seems less important somehow :p

Honestly, overall, the console stuff tends to be easier and less focused. I don't blame you; I haven't bothered listing a lot of console stuff that I've beaten in one credit. I rarely approach console games looking to clear them without continuing, since even the old console 2D action games are often not structured all that much like arcade games.

Like with anything, there are exceptions, though.

branny

I think I get more satisfaction watching people excel at these games than I do playing them. I've probably watched more arcade 1CC and high-score runs on the internet than even making attempts myself. I wish I had that kind of dedication and dexterity. Some of you are really melting my mind with your lists. D:

Practice, practice, practice...

Tain

That's it. I will clear Akai Katana this weekend.

i better fuckin clear akai katana this weekend

god damn it

My Saturday was mercilessly taken from me by friends and booze and I couldn't quite do it. :/

But I did make progress. Pretty good progress, given how much time I did get to play.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Nice thread. I love 1CC.

That said, I don't think I've ever 1CCed any game.

I mean, I've completed lots of games like street fighter without continuing, but I don't think those count.

The game I'd like to 1CC is Final Fight. That would feel like a decent achievement. I'd probably do it in FF One, which, for reasons of timing, I always play on my GBA Micro. Despite having the Jamma board :) But hey, I reckon once I got tech enough on the GBA I could transfer to the arcade.

1CC feels like something I should be into, as I play a small number of games per year. I might dig out the PS2 and start playing Gradius a few times a week.

Again. Nice thread! Subscribed!

I could never 1cc Final Fight One on GBA. The screen size and the D-pad are too much of a hurdle for me to line up on frame and take advantage of hitboxes.

jetjevons said:

[AC]Ghouls 'n Ghosts

I actually did this once (G'n'G is my favorite game of all time) and would pay good money to see anyone else dare to try it live today.

If you're joking: not fair! :p
If you were serious... let's do this? :) gimme a week to train! Although how would we go at it? I know nothing about streaming stuff nor I own the equipment but maybe somone can lend it to me

edit: GO Tain GO!!

Tain

man, I totally did not clear Akai Katana. Shame all over, but I think I'm just burnt out on it. I'm on vacation all week, so I think it's time to finally clear DoDonPachi! It's wild, remembering how intimidating this game was to me in 2004 or so. The first four levels seem so tame now. Those triangular spread tanks in stage four used to terrify me!

izakq

These are the only ones I remember off the top of my head.

[ARC] Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder
[ARC] Time Crisis
[ARC] Time Crisis II

I think I'm going to cheat and make me next 1CC Metal Slug 2.

I bought the Neo Geo Station release because it was on sale and it's an M2 port, so what the hell.

After playing it for like 10 minutes I "No-Miss"ed the first two stages thanks to my MSX knowledge (the games are really similar). 1CC should be a breeze.

man, I totally did not clear Akai Katana. Shame all over, but I think I'm just burnt out on it. I'm on vacation all week, so I think it's time to finally clear DoDonPachi! It's wild, remembering how intimidating this game was to me in 2004 or so. The first four levels seem so tame now. Those triangular spread tanks in stage four used to terrify me!

It's always a great feeling when you stop playing a game, then play some other games for awhile and comeback months/years later and notice all the progress you've made.

I don't think I've beaten any recent game that wasn't a fighting game often enough to be able to clear it with no continues. My backlog is obscene.

Mega Man 2-5 are likely the only things that come to mind. Mega Man X1 too I guess. Arcade would be nothing but Capcom fighters. MK or SNK games were too hard for me to clear in one credit.

Can we have a list for clearing RPGs without using consumables? I'm so OCD I frequently save everything until the final boss, and usually end up not needing them by then. :p

STG

from the top of my head:
[AC] E.S.P.rade
[AC] batsugun
[AC] Mars Matrix
[PS2] Homura
[PS2] Espgaluda
[PS2] Gradius V
[PS2] Gunbird 1 & 2
[PS2] Ibara
[PS2] Mushihime-sama
[PS2] Psyvariar: Complete Edition
[PS2] R-Type Final
[PS2] Raiden III
[PS2/Xbox360] Rez

[360] Espgaluda II Black Label Arrange / Novice
[360] Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5 Arrange / Novice
[360] DoDonPachi Resurrection Novice

I am getting old, can not deal with any-more except Arrange and Novice versions :(

Glix

If we are doing silly things like listing fighters, then pretty much any home port of a game with Street Fighter in the title works for me.

I play a lot of SHMUPs but I'm not good enough yet. It's because I don't practice enough. Also, I suck.

I will conquer Alien Hominid one day. That day will not be today.

I don't really consider Novice/Arrange modes a 1cc and I'm not too big on fighting game 1cc's (I did Melty Blood and KOF XIII back to back at Arcade Infinity once, which while kinda memorable, doesn't really count). But it's ultimately up to each poster to decide.

I'd like to do a lightgun game someday, but I'm not big on the Wii remote and Move for light gun games. If I'm gonna do it, I gotta do it on an old school CRT with a light gun. I have the Dreamcast version of HotD 2 and the PSX versions of Time Crisis and Point Blank lying around somewhere, maybe I should dig them up one of these days.

I don't really consider Novice/Arrange modes a big accomplishment and I'm not too big on fighting game 1cc's (I did Melty Blood and KOF XIII back to back at Arcade Infinity once, which while kinda memorable, doesn't really count). But it's ultimately up to each poster to decide.

I listed some because those were literally the only arcade games I've cleared without continuing because I suck at video games :p

I gotta say Ultimate MK3's AI was legitimately damned ridiculous though.

I only made it to Arcade Infinity once when we drove across the country for Comic Con one year. I'm glad I got to play an actual arcade Pop'N Music once before arcades died.

I listed some because those were literally the only arcade games I've cleared without continuing because I suck at video games :p

I gotta say Ultimate MK3's AI was legitimately damned ridiculous though.

I only made it to Arcade Infinity once when we drove across the country for Comic Con one year. I'm glad I got to play an actual arcade Pop'N Music once before arcades died.

There's some fighting games with some seriously difficult AI. That's why anyone can list any fighting games they want if they choose.

Also, I'll miss Arcade Infinity. )=

AI sold some of their machines to Denjin Arcade. I saw their TGM3 machine there, it even had the save data still on it. It was kinda nice but AI was already an hour's drive from home, Denjin is even further for me.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Too bad I've lost interest and time for shmups these days. I used to like them but I can't sit down and do the repetition and practice needed for 1ccs anymore.

Touhou 6: Normal + Extra
Touhou 7: Hard + Extra + Phantasm
Touhou 8: Lunatic + Extra
Touhou 9: Lunatic + Extra
Touhou 10: Hard + Extra
Touhou 11: Hard

Cave and Treasure break me. :(

MoxManiac

id be geniunely impressed if someone 1cc'd Super Turbo. The most evil fighting game ai in the history of fighting games.

id be geniunely impressed if someone 1cc'd Super Turbo. The most evil fighting game ai in the history of fighting games.

Walking forward Sonic Booms, instant no charge Flash Kicks, and I think I heard somewhere that the game reads your inputs and then reacts. I don't use the word "cheap" very often, but the AI in super turbo is cheap, pure and simple.

I've probably 1CC'd a bunch of games, but the one that sticks out the most is Metal Slug. I was so proud of myself when I pulled that off.

andylsun

That Arcade Culture article was amazing. Grew up with arcades every weekend from 84 to 91 - never very good at playing, but spent a lot of time watching. Friends who could play Gauntlet for a day on one credit - and someone who could get to wave 48 (I think) on Star Wars - took hours...

Never 1CC'd anything that I can remember, but proud of getting to Stage 6 in R-type quite regularly on 1 credit - never seen past that level.

galvatron

I think I'm going to cheat and make me next 1CC Metal Slug 2.

I bought the Neo Geo Station release because it was on sale and it's an M2 port, so what the hell.

After playing it for like 10 minutes I "No-Miss"ed the first two stages thanks to my MSX knowledge (the games are really similar). 1CC should be a breeze.

Yeah, MSX is basically a reduced slow down "Metal Slug 2 for Super Players".

RustyO

[AC] Aliens vs Predator (Lieutenant Linn Kurosawa / Predator Hunter / Predator Warrior)

Last time was in Akihabara a couple of years back, love the arcades over there. Like stepping back in time to the years of my misspent youth.

Never did manage to do it with Major Dutch Schaefer though...

Oh how I wish for a port of this to PS3.... and the Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara and Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom games whilst there at it.

There's others, but quite a while back in the day, it's been a while since hitting arcades, and well, reactions go as you get older.

Tain

unf, that delicious fast progress

dodonpachi.png

Just did DoDonPachi 1-ALL, using C-S(crub). Only took a handful of attempts tonight.

Cave games sure were different in 1997, damn. A pretty clear masterpiece, I think, but I also think it's been clearly surpassed by Cave's later games.

and man, they really do give players a ton of bombs.

Ninja Gaiden Black? c'mon man. :smugassdude:

Which version of Final Fight?
Yeah Ninja Gaiden Black on normal is not much to talk about - because after beating it on Master Ninja playing normal mode makes you feel like Neo from the Matrix. The guys on the leaderboards who had 0 deaths on MN - praise to them I guess.

Final Fight I just played the Arcade USA version through MAME emulation a long time ago. I should probably grab Double Impact and give that an earnest go sometime. Capcom really needs to get on the ball and try to get the licenses to re-release their arcade games. Konami is releasing their (pretty mediocre / bad) arcade games damnit, what are you doing Capcom?

edit: Oh yeah, I almost 1CC'd Metal Slug as well. The last boss is easy as hell to perfect, I had troubles with the last stage though. I got those TE sticks lying around, I should try to 1CC the Metal Slugs sometime.

I finished up Batsugun today. Awesome little game. I can see a lot influence that went into DonPachi and some of the other early Cave games.

It was pretty cool to do this one in front of some friends and I did it on my last bomb, just frames away from being picked off by a sniper tank. All according to keikaku. =P

Top Bottom