• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1TB Playstation 4 Ultimate Player Edition includes PSTV @ Launch

Magwik

Banned
That's pretty neat actually, though I'm not surprised considering the device has been falling in price for months now

TomShoe

Banned
Have to get rid of those things somehow. They've dropped as low as $40, but I still want a normal Vita, cheapest new one I've seen is still $150...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Not too surprised, Sony needs to find some way to get rid of them. Even at $40, most stores can't get rid of the things state side.

Not 100% sure, but I think the majority of the library is compatible.

Anything with touch controls probably will not work for the console. Gravity Rush isn't compatible, for one. I'd say anything that come out this year will certainly be compatible.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It barely is a Vira.

Its a Vita, Sony just turned off games that ether use the touch controls or publishers didn't want on it. There have been some recent developments where people are able to hack the white list and get the device to play any Vita game.

Vashetti

Banned
Anything with touch controls probably will not work for the console. Gravity Rush isn't compatible, for one. I'd say anything that come out this year will certainly be compatible.

You can click in the R3 and L3 buttons which brings up touch controls, or use the DS4 touchpad.

Though that only works on games with touch that Sony lets you boot. Some games like Gravity Rush and Uncharted won't boot at all.

Massa

They call the PlayStation TV a micro-console that streams PS4 games, no mention it's a Vita...

A Vita would be able to play Uncharted, Wipeout, Gravity Rush... a PSTV is not a Vita, that's why it's not marketed as such. They learned that lesson from their mistake in Asia.

topplehat

Guess they are liquidating the stock. Retail has halved the price of this thing regularly over the past month or so.

LAA

Wow, awesome. I didn't know the 1TB was selling for £349 either, maybe this means the 500GB model is getting a price drop?
Hopefully it'll pick up the "vita" population anyhow.

AndrewPL

They have already bundled ps4 with pstv in NZ, they also bundled bloodborne, last of us, order and Final fantasy type 0 (4 games in the bundle)

What got me to purchase was a sale dropping $250 off the price. I got it for $400 (most stores sell for $585 - $650)

Mr Swine

Banned
Huh, why isn't PSTV selling well? It doesn't have Vita name branding so calling it PlaystationTV would sell tons of it :/

The Remote play is really nice on PSTVs if you are on a wired connection. Even a powerline adapter. You can play in 60fps and with a DS4. If I can ever get one for $20 I'll buy one.

Top Bottom