• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1TB PS4 bundle finally coming to North America

MilesTeg

Banned
Figured the BO3 bundle would be premium priced. Will likely be $100 over standard MSRP by the time it releases. Not gonna have a big impact at that price ($50 more than the standard for about two years now).

Figured the BO3 bundle would be premium priced. Will likely be $100 over standard MSRP by the time it releases. Not gonna have a big impact at that price ($50 more than the standard for about two years now).

The bundles are only $50 over the standard consoles, so if Sony does a pricedrop in the US then i'd expect them to drop the bundle prices as well. So they should drop to $400 if they do a $50 cut.

MilesTeg

Banned
The bundles are only $50 over the standard consoles, so if Sony does a pricedrop in the US then i'd expect them to drop the bundle prices as well. So they should drop to $400 if they do a $50 cut.

Then you are getting a brand new game plus double the HDD space and limited edition console + controller for $50 more. Not gonna happen.

The bundle will be $100 more just like it was for Xbox One.

I thought it was released late last week that the OG PS4 will get a price drop to $299. Did I dream this?

bombshell

No, not with this bundle being $450.

Imo, this implies $350 500GB ps4. This does not in any way imply there will be a standalone 1TB console in the near future.

It's not unthinkable if he means standalone 500GB for $299 and 1TB for $350.

This bundle is $450 for a seemingly limited edition console, which Sony usually takes $50 extra for + Black Ops 3 for $50.

rothbart

My current 2 TB PS4 says they took too long.

Exactly. This should really only appeal to new customers who aren't aware that you can slap a 2TB drive in for ~$70. I mean if you're already paying a premium over the 500GB model, why stop at only 1TB?

Then you are getting a brand new game plus double the HDD space and limited edition console + controller for $50 more. Not gonna happen.

The bundle will be $100 more just like it was for Xbox One.

You could be right if the BO3 console has a special design. If it's a stock console with a bigger harddrive, then I could see it being $400 if there's a $50 pricecut. The stock consoles with a game are $400 right now. The bump in price only comes when there's a LE console involved.

I thought it was released late last week that the OG PS4 will get a price drop to $299. Did I dream this?

There was a pricecut in Asia and there will be one in the UK in October, but nothing official for the US at this point.

Guymelef

1TB COD BO3 LE same price as 500GB SW BF LE makes me think that COD console will be standard and the "LE" comes from the 1TB HDD.

It's not unthinkable if he means standalone 500GB for $299 and 1TB for $350.

This bundle is $450 for a seemingly limited edition console, which Sony usually takes $50 extra for + Black Ops 3 for $50.
that is what I meant.

although he does have a point - doesn't seem like there's an indication that there'll be a standalone 1TB release here.

GameSeeker

Finally catching up to Europa.

Peasants.

Exactly. It's amazing how poor SCEA is at competing vs. SCEE. I still expect SCEA to be taken completely off-guard by Microsoft's holiday bundle, much like they were last year. Fortunately, SCEE will be killing it this holiday season.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Exactly. It's amazing how poor SCEA is at competing vs. SCEE. I still expect SCEA to be taken completely off-guard by Microsoft's holiday bundle, much like they were last year. Fortunately, SCEE will be killing it this holiday season.

i dont think sony cares that much. with the state the rest of the company is in, bottom line for them is profits. i dunno if a price drop right now actually makes them more money than staying at 399. no need to devalue the console if thats the case. at least not til the holidays.

True Fire

I don't see what the point is though. In the end it'll be in your best interest to upgrade to 2TB.

If the 1TB PS4 is 50 dollars more expensive than the 500GB, then you're only spending 50 more dollars for 2TB.

Waiting on that email to see if I want to sink my teeth in. I've been wanting to buy one now with all the recent TGS announcements.

I still don't understand why people don't just upgrade their hard drives. It takes 2 seconds. Granted these work out to be a bit cheaper, but to have waited THIS LONG to get a PS4 simply because of HDD space when it's such a quick and easy upgrade is mind boggling.

Jellzy

Neo Member
or get a cheap 500gb model, swap out the hdd for 2tb, and then party time.

This. Pickup one of those Seagate Backup Plus slim's (mouthful) with a 2TB samsung drive inside. Swap it with the one in your PS4 and done,2TB PS4 and a use for your 512GB in the form of a USB 3.0 portable HDD. An extra 1TB and a portable HDD for less than the difference between the 512GB and the 1TB models.

I still don't understand why people don't just upgrade their hard drives. It takes 2 seconds. Granted these work out to be a bit cheaper, but to have waited THIS LONG to get a PS4 simply because of HDD space when it's such a quick and easy upgrade is mind boggling.

Because this PS4 might be a BO3 LE PS4.

I guess with Black Friday arounf the corner

3ke0Wl2.jpg

Top Bottom