• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1up says PS3 megaton cold be eminent- ITT: we speculate our balls off!

jaypah said:
yeah, but they kicked so much ass the last 2 gens. oh well, as long as they're making AAA games i don't care if they sell one or one billion.

Yep they did but they learn now the hard way that $600 dollars is way to much money for a video game console,even if it have great tech.

spwolf

Kowak said:
i agree, but do say that hardware sales dont matter is absurd. I doubt sony would be happy with finishing 3rd after outright owning the last two gens. plus ms would be pissed as hell if they finished behind sony after all the resources they have put into trying to overtake them.

i think that they dont matter in the sense that if sales are within few millions, software sales end up similar hence 3rd party supports all. It would probably be more correct to check software sales per platform for 3rd party publishers and that will give you clear answer (all platforms are similar and PS3 is not 3rd).

they do matter in the sense that more you sell, more software/services you will sell as well.

Chinner

Banned
hear is wot i am ~speculating~:
mass effect 2 announced (and now ps3 exclusive)
halo trilogy ps3 with upgraded graphics
bungie now owned by ps3
alan wake now ps3 exclusive
splinter cell convinction now ps3 exclusive
lost planet 2 now ps3 exclusive
half life 2 episode 3 ps3 exclusive
killzone 3
left 5 dead ps3 exclusive
ps2 games now bc on ps3 (and ps3 exclusive)
valve now owned by ps3 and steam and all of its games are now ps3 exclusive
lost odyssey 2 ps3 exlusived
gears 1 and 2 coming to ps3
gears 3 ps3 exclusive
ps3 price drop now only 199 dollaru (sony reducing price to restore their lost ~honour~)
ps3 slim with 600 gb hdd only $250 hdd
ps3 online update making it have every feature microsoft has but ~better~
every anime coming to ps3 online yay ~anime~ ^ _ ^
dead rising 1 coming to ps3 but upgraded with dead rising 2 zombie technology so its better
mass efect 1 coming to ps3
trico cming to ps3 has the best graphics ever and redefine gameplay as we know it

jaypah

Chinner said:
bungie now owned by ps3
killzone 3
gears 3 ps3 exclusive
ps3 price drop now only 199 dollaru (sony reducing price to restore their lost ~honour~)
dead rising 1 coming to ps3 but upgraded with dead rising 2 zombie technology so its better
trico cming to ps3 has the best graphics ever and redefine gameplay as we know it

NO WAI DUDE, R U AN INSIDER WITH INSIDERZ INFOZ?!?!?

jorma

is now taking requests
Chinner said:
bungie now owned by ps3
killzone 3
gears 3 ps3 exclusive

Yea, that sounds nice and all but will they fix the clock?

Zaptruder

Banned
From the way some gaffers tell things, you'd think all that Sony would have to do was come in, announce: "We fixed the clock.", and they could walk out triumphantly as the entire audiotorium stands up to give them an ovation, and a dramatic depature.

GQman2121

Banned
So if I'm doing the math proper on all of this; there has to be a price drop announced for the current model or these Slim rumors don't make any sense.....right?

deepbrown

GQman2121 said:
So if I'm doing the math proper on all of this; there has to be a price drop announced for the current model or these Slim rumors don't make any sense.....right?
Price drop at E3, Slim PS3 at TGS. End of discussion.

Garryk

Price drop needs to happen Tuesday. I can't wait any longer damnit!

Amazon has buy a PS3, get a free DS3. Gamestop will let me trade in my PS2 for $100 off a PS3. Hell, if Sony would just say they're adding a PS2 library to the PSN this would be easy. I'm going to be pissed if I missed out on some good deals and the price doesn't drop.

gantz85

Banned
deepbrown said:
Price drop at E3, Slim PS3 at TGS. End of discussion.

You think there'll be a price drop at E3?

I dunno. Slim will only be out in Aug/Sept, so maybe they do need to deplete their inventory. If they do a pricedrop though, I hope they do a good job at pushing their games - LittleBigPlanet, Killzone 2, Uncharted (especially), inFAMOUS, Ratchet & Clank and so forth. Those definitely need the sales.

deepbrown

gantz85 said:
You think there'll be a price drop at E3?

I dunno. Slim will only be out in Aug/Sept, so maybe they do need to deplete their inventory. If they do a pricedrop though, I hope they do a good job at pushing their games - LittleBigPlanet, Killzone 2, Uncharted (especially), inFAMOUS, Ratchet & Clank and so forth. Those definitely need the sales.
I do think that. Well I hope so.

a bearded, naked Kutaragi wakes up on stage. Jack Tretton picks him up, and they stare into each other's eyes...

Kutaragi: "Playstation 4. It worked."

someone find that post in the OT that I'm referencing

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Eaten By A Grue said:
Kutaragi - "Who needs a motion controller when with the Playstation 4 I bring the 4th dimension!

The crowd suddenly realizes they are no longer in an auditorium, but on an alien planet from Halo. They are in the game!

West of House

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

>Open mailbox

You see... STARS. ENDLESS, SHINY STARS!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Arkham said:
West of House

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

>Open mailbox

You see... STARS. ENDLESS, SHINY STARS!

>use sword on stars

-PXG-

Chinner said:
bungie now owned by ps3
killzone 3
gears 3 ps3 exclusive

No FF XIII. Fuck this shit, I'm selling my PS3!

oneHeero

Hellraizer said:
Yes. There will be a 4d clock.
Yup it will still looked like it is messed up but since PS4 is 4d you can literally go up to the battery/clock and just move the battery icon to a more appropriate place. That's 4D.

Tabris

ff7remake.jpg

Rolf NB

oneHeero said:
Yup it will still looked like it is messed up but since PS4 is 4d you can literally go up to the battery/clock and just move the battery icon to a more appropriate time. That's 4D.
Fixed.
I also like the idea of moving the clock and battery indicators around by tilting the controller, ala Killzone 2 loading screens.

So, E3 is over. Did anything qualify for this secret "MEGATON ANNOUNCEMENT"? Because I can't think of any ... at least not anything that would've had Sony personnel "agog".

George Claw M.D. said:
So, E3 is over. Did anything qualify for this secret "MEGATON ANNOUNCEMENT"? Because I can't think of any ... at least not anything that would've had Sony personnel "agog".

Perhaps Final Fantasy 14 or Agent? Not too sure if its the megaton 1UP was talking about, but both of them are megaton level announcements.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
George Claw M.D. said:
Final Fantasy XIV

Chemo

George Claw M.D. said:
It was pretty obviously Final Fantasy XIV.

Top Bottom