• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1UP Show 8.01 (Penny Arcade, Wipeout Pulse, Adv. Wars DoR)

minc

harSon said:
Does that guy remind anyone else of J Allard?

You're just thinking of that pic of me that's out there before my image makeover.

matt_allard.jpg

i didn't watch the show yet, i paused it right after the intro.

i had to post this immediately.

that intro

is

FUCKING

AMAZING!!!

and now back to my regularly scheduled 1up show...

pretty glad Kathleen is gone she reminded me of the type of girl who gets that promotion at your work who never really deserves it and you always have to help her out with all the problems she has god I hate women who get positions because they are women.

I miss Kathleen.

The show has too many stereotypical nerds now. Fat guy, bald guy, neck beard guy. It really needs more flavor!

BradVanDam said:
pretty glad Kathleen is gone she reminded me of the type of girl who gets that promotion at your work who never really deserves it and you always have to help her out with all the problems she has god I hate women who get positions because they are women.

therapy, good sir.

Slavik81

Cdammen said:
The speed is so bad for the WMV one.

(EDIT) Why aren't more sites using torrents?
The reason they've given in the past is because that would make it harder to track exactly how many downloads there are. That sort of information is important for selling their ads.

Brashnir

todayzee said:
We're cooler than that -- not so much social networking, but cool file-sharing/upscaling stuff. I'm happy to invite anyone who is interested - just shoot me an email to kathleen@fyreball.com

We're getting faster, stronger, and better every day...like robots.

xxoo

Now that you mention it, thanks for the invite you sent me last week. I really don't seem to "get" the site though. It seems like a site designed to imitate that one annoying co-worker who sends you weird links all the time at work.

Once "that guy" gets ahold of the site, it'll be all over, and you'll be hosting IGN Weekly or On the Spot next year. ;)

PolyGone

Banned
fushi said:
Pulse needs more grimness/urban decay :( I don't like this overly discotheque look so much.

agreed

also, I didn't hear anything about a track editor/random track generator. :( and those gravity switches... man I thought those would be cool back when Wipeout 3 wasn't even out yet. It seems like such a pointless addition now, after F-Zero GX's tracks.

Gantz

Banned
The Penny Arcade game looks boring as hell.

That Taiwanese gamer chick is ugly and has bad teeth.

I'm glad Kathleen is gone.

Can't wait for the next Advanced Wars

Wipeout Pulse looks fun.

fushi said:
Pulse needs more grimness/urban decay :( I don't like this overly discotheque look so much.

This is true, but I think the 'discotheque " look has more to do with the hardware's limitations, and also it gives tracks cleaner looking race lines so its easier to navigate them on the small screen.
The important thing here is that the Gameplay in Wo Pulse is exceptional, and the overall graphics are the best I've seen on PSP.

alu

The Penny Arcade game looks really rad. Can't wait.

Kathleen is being missed but the show is still awesome.

The new intro is the best thing in existence right now.

decon

*whine whine* I want a different Wipeout, online play a real single player part etc. etc. isn't enough for me :'(

Brakara

Tieno said:

:lol :lol :lol

Kudos to whoever came up with the intro. And a big fuck you to the Kathleen haters. She's like the epitome of a geek goddess. Oh, and nice homage to Sports Nights. Damn, I miss that show...

Brakara said:
:lol :lol :lol

Kudos to whoever came up with the intro. And a big fuck you to the Kathleen haters. She's like the epitome of a geek goddess. Oh, and nice homage to Sports Nights. Damn, I miss that show...

wow

my stance on Kathleen is neutral, but still wow.

giggas

I dug the new intro, pretty creative stuff. Thanks for posting the actual images too so we could all get a good look at them.

So yeah, part of me wants to believe that the Penny Arcade game is like some big grand joke that Gabe and Tycho are playing. It looks absolutely terrible... Alice looks like she is in pain just trying to come up with positive things to say about it.

Good show. New guy looks like a roommate I had who used to inject himself with insulin in the living room.

Liked the preview of the Penny Arcade game which looks to be exactly what everyone should expect from a Penny Arcade game and nothing less. I'm buying a PSP finally just to play Wipeout possibly. I can't wait to play some Advance Wars online. Yay all around!

j0nchan

DjangoReinhardt said:
I dug the Sports Night bit.

aye, same here! it was almost verbatim copy of jeremy's interview. is the new guy an actual video game genius on level jimmy (aka the wizard)?

YYZ

Brakara said:
Kathleen's a girl?

and fucking Donahoe just embarrassed himself with that fog of war nonsense, pussy.

Gantz said:
The Penny Arcade game looks boring as hell.

That Taiwanese gamer chick is ugly and has bad teeth.

I'm glad Kathleen is gone.

Can't wait for the next Advanced Wars

Wipeout Pulse looks fun.

congratulations on helping make this place terrible.

Top Bottom