• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1UP to reveal "Konami retro revival" tomorrow (Rocket Knight HD)

A few days old, but this was largely overlooked around here.

On Friday, 1UP's Matt Leone posted this on his Twitter feed:

Matt Leone said:
We're revealing a new Konami retro revival in Monday's 1UP Cover. Sorry to be that guy, but I had to story-top @gamespite.

There's speculation from certain fansites that this might be Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth. On the other hand, Parish referred in a related blog post to seeing two unannounced titles last week; in the comments section, Konami's Tomm Hulett seemingly confirms that they're both Konami titles.

So, is this Castlevania, the rumored Sparkster revival, or something else entirely? I wonder.

Castlevania is still around, it never really died off thanks to the handheld versions. So for a "revival" it'd have to be something we haven't seen in a long time, in any form. Or it'll be a disappointment.

Zoc

What are Konami's retro properties? The only ones I really know are Castlevania and Metal Gear.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Haunted said:
gamescoopz should know
oh, gamescoopz talked about rocket knight adventures like six years ago. i just didn't know it was called sparkster.

Y2Kev said:
What's Sparkster?

8339.JPG

Video.

Rlan

Sparkster's been popping up a little bit lately - Track and Field and the iPhone Racing game. It's nice to see that they remember the game, and I'd love to see it again.

I'm more of a fan of Sparkster on Genesis though, rather than RKA and Sparkster SNES, so I'm in the minority of a minority :lol

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Pleeease be Sparkster. He deserves a revival.

Besides, quality mascot platformers are a dying breed. All we have these days is Mario. Maybe R&C.

TunaLover

Father_Brain said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=361672

If there's any truth to it, I hope Konami knows what they're doing in their choice of developer - Climax's only 2D action games to date have been licensed GBA shovelware titles.

And ZAMN is LucasArts' IP - Konami only published it.

Holy shit, Sparkster is such a lovely IP, I couldn't stand seeing it screwed. And yeah Climax...they are one step near failure, nothing against them, but it should be done by Konami in-house team

NeoZylom

JDSN said:
I hope its Parodius VI, after Megaman 9 im expecting more awesome retro revivals from Konami.
And after Silten Hill : Shattered Memories, I'm especting more awesome retro revivals from Capcom.

WARP10CK

Banned
Hmm I am hoping for a Snatcher revival but for some reason cool stuff like that does not happen in the gaming world anymore allthough a few exceptions like Mega Man 9 and... and ... well Mega Man 9.

Top Bottom