• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2.41 PS3 FW Up NOW!

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
nice doing it now :D

also, is SSHD 4.00 up?

I do see a new option when downloading update, it says you can *auto shutdown PS3 after update*

lupinko

Downloading it now since I can't go on PSN without it, but I'll wait for you guys to install it first. :lol

kassatsu

Banned
They added a step to the installer, no? About turning off the system after update. I don't remember that for the 2.40 one.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
zoku88 said:
Are there any improvements over 2.4 (besides, you know, being able to be installed by everyone.)

it brick your PSP too and it widespread out of the box .

hi Kotaku can i work for you guys ?

Flunkie

Banned
Wow, this is a surprise. I wasn't expecting it 'til Wednesday.

kassatsu said:
They added a step to the installer, no? About turning off the system after update. I don't remember that for the 2.40 one.
I think so.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Well I can confirm that they DIDN'T add the SSHD 4.00 update or the Add-on TEAM PACK on the PSN Store.

1stStrike

Banned
Sweet. Will update when I get off work. Though, I had no issues with 2.40. Can't hurt though. At least, I hope not. *finds some wood to knock on*

HoTHiTTeR

Looks like they went back and changed the foundation of how the update installs. I'm thinking people turned off their consoles or some junk, maybe internet cut outs all that jazz.

The intro screen asks if you want to turn off the unit post install (check box), also, no hitting the PS button to start the update - acceptance was moved to the front of the install.

Thanks! Pretty fast download.

But yeah... out of curiosity, what happens to those that didn't install 2.4 due to the FUD? Don't they still have to dl 2.4 prior to this? (Forgive me if I'm wrong, I never skipped a update so I wouldn't know how that works)

Just a note: the platinum trophy has changed appearance. It looked like a crown before, now it's more in line with the rest of the trophy designs.

SumGamer

I think they just optimize the code a bitand relabel the FW. I doubt they have ound out what really cause the problem since its only affect some people. Anyway, wish you all luck, I'll be here at work reading you all found a new hidden feature or remove from the FW. Peace 8)

kassatsu

Banned
BobTheFork said:
Just a note: the platinum trophy has changed appearance. It looked like a crown before, now it's more in line with the rest of the trophy designs.
They did change it ;o

Wollan

And for the last thread:

Wollan said:
Just cause I hadn't seen anyone else do it. Pics of the trophies (excluding Platinum):

Gold.gif

Silver.gif

Bronze.gif

WiCkEd_Co

BobTheFork said:

I just saw that, Looks better. Also the music now plays on every game from the XMB....Not really

zoku88

BobTheFork said:
Oh well, that's enough reason for me to upgrade from 2.4 to 2.41, I guess...

BobTheFork said:

Wow nice. Platinum looked so nice before...but this looks way more badass. I like.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
BobTheFork said:

yeah I actually like the way it looks now. I sometimes get this error when viewing peoples profile though (FFFFFF) error has occurred. but that was happening in 2.40 also.

RockmanWhore said:
I'm afraid of dl firmware update now. I don't want my PS3 to brick. What will I become without my PS3? :(

Replicant said:
Not going to do it until it's confirmed that it won't brick consoles.

xoxo :D

stop being a p***y :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Hi, everyone. As many of you know, we released PS3 firmware update v2.40 last week, but had to take it offline temporarily because, for a limited number of users, the XMB wouldn’t display after the update was installed. We’ve been able to fix the problem, and I’m happy to report that firmware update v2.41 will be released shortly.

We want to extend our apologies to the PlayStation community for any inconvenience. Now we’ll be looking forward to seeing everyone online and racking up those trophies!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/07/07/ps3-system-software-update-v241/

lol, shortly?

Top Bottom