• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2.5 million people have made the pilgrimage to Makkah this year

womfalcs3

May 11, 2007
Hajj 2019 began yesterday. The Saudis want to expand it to 5 million people per year, but they have to ensure the proper infrastructure is present to avoid the stampedes that happened in years past.

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Apr 11, 2007
I don't know what's the point of the thread but its cool, i guess. It does take a lot of planning for so many people to be at once place and be safe.

Reactions: TLZ

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I just hope no one dies.

Its got to be a sight to see 2.5 million people descending on this one place. Though one of my Muslims co-workers has complained that its gotten a little bit "corporate" or "greedy".

Also isn't it a bit odd that a monothist relegion would put so much reverance to a black stone and the Kabba which was essentially a pagen temple? If I am not mistaken even the whole walking around the Kabba thing is actually a pagen ritual that Arab pagens did before Islam.

Reactions: Hayfield

TeamGhobad

Oct 15, 2018
good piece of business they have started there

Also isn't it a bit odd that a monothist relegion would put so much reverance to a black stone and the Kabba which was essentially a pagen temple? If I am not mistaken even the whole walking around the Kabba thing is actually a pagen ritual that Arab pagens did before Islam.
everything in islam is stolen from other religions, mostly judaism. the mecca thing is such a scam. u know what a mecca pilgrimage is? you walk from one fountain to the next 7 times and drink water. then you throw rocks at a house where the "devil" lives and then u walk around the black box thingy. Then you kill a goat or a lamb and you bury it, which the poor beduins around dig up and eat. thats it.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019
Tokyo, Japan

everything in islam is stolen from other religions, mostly judaism. the mecca thing is such a scam. u know what a mecca pilgrimage is? you walk from one fountain to the next 7 times and drink water. then you throw rocks at a house where the "devil" lives and then u walk around the black box thingy. Then you kill a goat or a lamb and you bury it, which the poor beduins around dig up and eat. thats it.
NowThatsWhatICallEdgy.JPG

womfalcs3

May 11, 2007

God doesn't have many religions. There's one. There have been 255 prophets and messengers of God, preaching for the one god. From Noah, to Jonah, to Abraham, to Isaac, to Aaron, to Ismail, to Moses, to Jesus, etc.. Jesus was Muslim, so was Abraham, etc.. Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are not three distinct religions. They are only named differently because of the people to whom the Word came.

TeamGhobad

Oct 15, 2018
God doesn't have many religions. There's one. There have been 255 prophets and messengers of God, preaching for the one god. From Noah, to Jonah, to Abraham, to Isaac, to Aaron, to Ismail, to Moses, to Jesus, etc.. Jesus was Muslim, so was Abraham, etc.. Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are not three distinct religions. They are only named differently because of the people to whom the Word came.
or they are a bunch of scammers..

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
is this a serious post

Mar 18, 2018
Thank you for the morning ‘spit my coffee out in laughter moment.’

:lollipop_halo:🤡:lollipop_horns:

• LOL
Reactions: Panda1