• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

2 dead, 4 injured after shooting on UNC Charlotte campus, officials say

TrainedRage

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2018
USA
Two people have been killed and another four injured after a shooting on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, officials told ABC News.

Two of the injured victims were treated for life-threatening injuries.

The suspect is in custody, authorities told ABC affiliate WSOC-TV.

The suspected shooter is a UNCC male student, the station reported.

The university's office of emergency management posted on Twitter that the school is on lockdown.

In addition to the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police, the ATF is also responding.

RIP to the victims. Shooter was a student at UNCC. Tragic.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
"A thorough investigation on his house confirmed that he played video-games"
Investigators want to point out the shooter owned a copy of Grand Theft Auto V. Making it more suspicious is that it was a collector's edition with an iron on gang tattoo.

(Other games in his collection included: FIFA, Lego, Sonic the Hedgehog, and copies of Just Dance 2, 3 and 4)

Last edited:

mayl3

Jan 17, 2014
My friend was on campus a few buildings away. She tried to order cookies at Wendy’s during the lockdown. They didn’t give them to her. She was texting us the entire time. Was allowed to leave at like 9. Crazy stuff.

AV

Gold Member
May 31, 2018
Leeds, UK
People should not be allowed to own guns, no matter the ethnicity or sexuality. Had this guy not had access to guns, he wouldn't have shot two people dead.
Gonne be a pretty big job getting rid of the hundreds of millions of guns in America.

Mista

Dragonslayer
Nov 21, 2014
This is sad. Innocent people die because of a fucking terrorist that got nothing better to do! Now of course since he’s white and not Muslim he’ll be called a “mentally ill lad” instead of a terrorist. USA keeps asking for gun control but even if it happened, it won’t solve anything. My condolences to families that lost their kids.

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
This is sad. Innocent people die because of a fucking terrorist that got nothing better to do! Now of course since he’s white and not Muslim he’ll be called a “mentally ill lad” instead of a terrorist. USA keeps asking for gun control but even if it happened, it won’t solve anything. My condolences to families that lost their kids.
He’s mixed race and has autism. Not a mental illness per se but probably a factor.

Mista

Dragonslayer
Nov 21, 2014
He’s mixed race and has autism. Not a mental illness per se but probably a factor.
Looks like I missed the autism part while reading the article. Yeah autism can make a person go aggressive sometimes. I got a cousin who has autism and sometimes he just snaps out of nowhere and shouts at whoever is in-front of him. Never saw him hit anyone but yeah, can be very aggressive.

Reactions: matt404au

TrainedRage

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2018
USA
Did they say how he got the gun? Autistic people can't own fire arms correct? Since its considered a mental disability.

Did he swipe it from his father?

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
People should not be allowed to own guns, no matter the ethnicity or sexuality. Had this guy not had access to guns, he wouldn't have shot two people dead.
Yep, he would've just burned, cut, mowed down, or thrown acid on them. You can't stop evil by taking away its implements. It will just find another way to manifest itself. The gun isn't the issue; the crazy evil fucker wielding it is.

tkscz

Oct 17, 2011
Mixed race, LGBT, autism, yup the media is going to ignore this like they did the lady who tried to shoot up the YouTube hq

Reactions: Kingwingin

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
How many people are you willing to kill to take our guns?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Apr 9, 2009
Did they say how he got the gun? Autistic people can't own fire arms correct? Since its considered a mental disability.

Did he swipe it from his father?
At 22 he is allowed to purchase a handgun in TX but yes he likely got it from his dad.

This implicates the dad in 1 of 2 ways

- Either his shit wasn't secure & the son stole it. Irresponsible gun owner.
- Or worse, he gifted the gun to his autistic son at some point. Irresponsible parent.

Reactions: TrainedRage

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Laws can be enforced without killing people.
There are nearly 400 million firearms in the U.S. and it's a constitutionally protected right even more clearly guaranteed than the implied right to vote. Good luck with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oner

TheGreatYosh

Jul 19, 2018
There are nearly 400 million firearms in the U.S. and it's a constitutionally protected right even more clearly guaranteed than the implied right to vote. Good luck with that.
Look up red flag gun laws. It’s always incremental. You have to boil the frogs slowly. This is what they are doing to us on all levels.

Reactions: HeresJohnny

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
No, I am not. But it is not impossible that it may happen if someone is stupid enough to threaten law enforcers with a weapon.

By threatening legal action.
No, I am not. But it is not impossible that it may happen if someone is stupid enough to threaten law enforcers with a weapon.

By threatening legal action.
What kind of legal action? How do you enforce legal action on someone who isn't willing to be taken into custody and refuses to hand over a weapon?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGreatYosh

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
So people who own guns can never be taken into custody unless they think it's nice they are taken into custody?
If you show up to law abiding people's homes to barge in and take their weapons that they are guaranteed the right to own in the constitution? You damned right, bud. Besides that, on what grounds are you going to go into people's homes and violate their right to unlawful search and seizure?

EDIT: Let's say that tomorrow, the government bans all free speech. The cops show up to confiscate all communication devices; phones, computers, etc. Would you still be willing to hold the same metric? That people should just bow to the will of a government trampling on their specifically cited rights in the constitution? Should I say, "So people who own devices to exercise their free speech rights can never be taken into custody unless they think it's nice they are taken into custody?"

Last edited:

Thurible

Aug 15, 2018
Do you really have no idea how you can receive an item that is deemed illegal with police force?
I think he means that if guns were made illegal, many owners wouldn't just give them up. It is also a protected right in the U.S. and some would not trust the federal government if they would try to issue a ban on weapons. There is absolutely no way to just take all the guns away from private citizens.

TrainedRage

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2018
USA
One click on my username.

I am not willing to kill anyone. I do not think killing people is necessary to introduce a ban on guns.
You should look at the American constitution. Also taking guns out of America is never going to happen. So aside from that, what should I as an American do to satisfy you, as I am a gun owner?

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
I am not willing to kill anyone. I do not think killing people is necessary to introduce a ban on guns.
Just subjugating them to the state, denying their natural born liberty, treating the innocent like criminals, taking their property, and leaving them powerless to defend themselves against criminals or future oppression.

Authoritarians always want to take away the guns of the people. I wonder why. I wonder how that works out long term. If only we had something like history to look back upon.