• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 Minutes of Hitman Absolution Gameplay [Update: Details]

Pandemic

Not sure if this has been posted, couldn't find it with the search tool, but here's a video of some Hitman: Absolution gameplay, it's a little weird, but nonetheless, it has gameplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X3JsJ9KLdI&feature=player_embedded

Thoughts?

Keyser Soze said:
From recent Edge article

• IO have created a brand new engine called the Glacier 2 for the game.
  • Agent 47 is on the run, they showed off a level in a library.
  • There is instinct mode, which works similair to the detective mode in Arkham Asylum. It will replace the map screens from previous Hitman games.
  • With the instinct mode you monitor enemies trough walls, burning-red trails highlight the patrol route enemies are about to take, and the mode also highlight points of intrest (like climable ledges and vents). It can also be used to maximise your disguise.
  • The instinct mode can only be used for a short time, it is powered by a bar that refills when you do silent, stealthy takedowns.
  • Enemy patrol paths will now take organic and shorter paths, this is done so the player can anticipate when the AI is going to do something and not getting randomly caught.
  • The mini-map in the corner of the screen is going to stay, the will give the usual info like past games.
  • A new take on the threat meter: a grey circle appears in the centre of the screen, edges of which occasionally show where the player has been spotted.
  • You can make weapons that are built into the invironments and are unique to each setting.
  • The sneak animation has changed, Agent 47 will kill more gracefully.
  • Levels will now be divided into discrete checkpoints.
  • More focus on smaller sandboxes, because they want to control the pacing better and bring more variety to the gameplay.
  • Long-time series composer Jesper Kyd will not be returning. The duo Peter Peter and Peter Kyed will be doing it.
  • Longtime 47's voice actor David Bateson will not be returning.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28478908&postcount=318

Sethos

Banned
Saw that the other day on TV, looks sweet.

What's up with that capture though, they completely molested the recording

mehhhh I'll wait for a 5-10 minute walkthrough of a stealth approach before I totally judge but right now...

....looks like a pretty fancy third person shooter.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Kane & Lynch: Absolution looks like it could be a pretty neat game.

I wonder if IO will ever make another Hitman though. It's been a while.

Interfectum

I know everyone has been highly anticipating my reaction to the Hitman gameplay video. My take? The game looks like a thrilling stealth/action game that easily surpasses something like Conviction... but it doesn't look anything like a Hitman game.

It'll most likely be a fun but ultimately forgettable 3rd person action game.

Pandemic

It's weird at 0:24 when he picked up the statue sort of thing, but instead of grabbing it, it vanished, and then popped up in his hand..?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Pandemic said:
It's weird at 0:24 when he picked up the statue sort of thing, but instead of grabbing it, it vanished, and then popped up in his hand..?
Well, there's a reason they weren't showing the game in public yet. :p

When the time comes that they decide to put Kane and Lynch to rest....they should make them targets in a Hitman game.

(I have to say they really nailed the atmosphere in the K&L games, I'll give them that. Really impressive art design)

Shurs

Pandemic said:

That was my first thought.

Enkidu

Based on what I saw here, it looks pretty nice as an action-y stealth game but I don't see any Hitman in this at all (at least they didn't give 47 a beard though).

artist

Banned
Pandemic said:
Absolution? Absolutely MagicTM.

1-D_FTW

If you told me it was running on the Splinter Cell: Conviction engine (different company, I know), I'd totally believe you. I really liked Conviction, so this is a good thing IMO.

NZer

Deep down, Hitman was perhaps most akin to a point-and-click adventure, but dressed up as a stealth action game.

I loved the series, especially Blood Money, but I can't say I'm surprised that in the current game climate that it seems it may be transformed into a totally different type of game.

I realized just last night that hitman contracts doesn't exist digitally and I haven't played it in YEARS.

I'm so not ready to write this off. I've gotta give this a solid shake. I love this series.

daffy

Banned
I like how time loops if you take to long to defeat the enemies. Interesting new gameplay mechanic

Nice OT OP

Untracked

After that video it can only get better.

I'd really like to see a clip similar to the one the Deus Ex: HR team released, the one showing multiple ways to play through the same part of a level.
From reading the EDGE feature it sounds much more linear and scripted, but I hope they keep at least some of the sandbox gameplay from the previous games. Where they set the stage and leave you to figure out how to take out your target.
I really don't want this to play like Conviction.

Not impressed so far... I need to see this "Instinct" thing.

Kabouter

Yeah, not really looking forward to this, I was hoping for a new Hitman game, not a sequel to Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Druz

Gonna be the guy that reminds people that the Blood Money team isn't working on this one. I'm cautiously optimistic I guess?

Druz said:
Gonna be the guy that reminds people that the Blood Money team isn't working on this one. I'm cautiously optimistic I guess?

What the hell are they working on? Or did they leave Eidos entirely?

theDeeDubs

Looks great. I've been playing Hitman games since the first one and none have really lived up to their potential for me. Much like Conviction, this might end up being my favorite in the series.

pakkit

Banned
I somehow doubt IO is dumb enough to get rid of the Hitman gameplay in a Hitman game. This is just the reveal.

raphier

Banned
pakkit said:
I somehow doubt IO is dumb enough to get rid of the Hitman gameplay in a Hitman game. This is just the reveal.
You know, I've heard "dumb" argument before, it's getting funny as of late, almost meme worthy.

"CCP is not that dumb to not make a PC version of Dust 514" Dooooh...
"Microsoft ain't dumb, kinect is just a passing road" Dooooh....
"They're not dumb(sony), they won't sell a system at loss this time..." Dooooh...

Dooh train continues...

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Looks like the player was taking a more all guns blazing approach to his gameplay style.

I'l be doing a stealth style my self.

The gameplay shown in those vids looks like the game is in an alert state of sorts. It reminds me of the hotel escape portion of Contracts. I'm still not worried.

Graphics and lighting look great thus far. I won't despair unless they show some actual mission previews and THAT doesn't match up to what I'm expecting.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
With Tomb raider and Deus Ex looking good, I guess they had to fuck up one reboot. I hope the new Thief isnt going to even the score (I'm really worried they will Conviction it).

Deadbeat

Banned
Salazar said:
I am not terribly sentimental about this series, although I do like it, but I fear for Thief.
How can you fear for Thief? The team thats making Deus Ex:HR is working on it. Judging by the PC leak the internet played I have much more faith in a real Thief game being made.

That isnt the franchise to worry about anymore.

User33 said:
How is this in any way Hitman.

It's not..

From recent Edge article

• IO have created a brand new engine called the Glacier 2 for the game.
  • Agent 47 is on the run, they showed off a level in a library.
  • There is instinct mode, which works similair to the detective mode in Arkham Asylum. It will replace the map screens from previous Hitman games.
  • With the instinct mode you monitor enemies trough walls, burning-red trails highlight the patrol route enemies are about to take, and the mode also highlight points of intrest (like climable ledges and vents). It can also be used to maximise your disguise.
  • The instinct mode can only be used for a short time, it is powered by a bar that refills when you do silent, stealty takedowns.
  • Enemy patrol paths will now take organic and shorter paths, this is done so the player can anticipate when the AI is going to do something and not getting randomly caught.
  • The mini-map in the corner of the screen is going to stay, the will give the usual info like past games.
  • A new take on the threat meter: a grey circle appears in the centre of the screen, edges of which occasionally show where the player has been spotted.
  • You can make weapons that are built into the invironments and are unique to each setting.
  • The sneak animation has changed, Agent 47 will kill more gracefully.
  • Levels will now be divided into discrete checkpoints.
  • More focus on smaller sandboxes, because they want to control the pacing better and bring more variety to the gameplay.
  • Long-time series composer Jesper Kyd will not be returning. The duo Peter Peter and Peter Kyed will be doing it.
  • Longtime 47's voice actor David Bateson will not be returning.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28478908&postcount=318

Interfectum

hitmanabsolution.jpg

Salazar

Levels will now be divided into discrete checkpoints.

Aww hell no.

I only started playing Blood Money a few days ago, but one of the things that has really caught my imagination is they way that I am, on each attempt, dropped into a unified (dynamic, organic, whatever) situation. The 'level' is just a place, at a particular time. You shouldn't divide something like that.

Top Bottom