• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 screen captures of The Order 1886 leaked! Video incoming?

viveks86

WARNING: These are low quality captures. Probably intentional. Any wisecracks about a downgrade will be dealt with severe eyerolls

H6N60a0.jpg

Lby0pFY.jpg

People can follow its origins, if interested, on this thread

They look like low quality screen captures from a video. I'm no image expert. I'll let you guys tear it apart and see if you can make anything out of it!

sjay1994

WARNING: These are low quality captures. Probably intentional. Any wisecracks about a downgrade will be dealt with severe eyerolls

They look like low quality screen captures from a video. I'm no image expert. I'll let you guys tear it apart and see if you can make anything out of it!

Even at low quality, it looks quite good.

I am looking forward to gameplay though. I am hoping this is more than just "a pretty shooter"

sjay1994

Grimløck;99416645 said:
video incoming "shortly."

The Order was supposed to show gameplay at the VGX, but they cancelled because the game wasn't ready yet.

So maybe they are ready to show it now

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Someone leak me a bunch of trailer shots I can stick on my website to crash it again.

I hear the game is a third person shooter but don't know much besides it. Images look like they might be good but we won't know the extent of the information until it comes out.

Anybody have more info on the graphics/look of the game? I recall a certain controversy due to black bars on the top and bottom.

I hear the game is a third person shooter but don't know much besides it. Images look like they might be good but we won't know the extent of the information until it comes out.

Anybody have more info on the graphics/look of the game? I recall a certain controversy due to black bars on the top and bottom.

Yeah it has a weird aspect ratio. Probably because they're trying to make it "filmic."

Leaked?! Holy cow! Somebody must have snuck into Sony's studio and stolen these screenshots for such a thing to happen. Surely Sony is in contact with the police so we can expose this criminal wrongdoing!

Yeah it has a weird aspect ratio. Probably because they're trying to make it "filmic."

They're pulling for a filmic, cinematic experience hence the bars.

Sounds good to me as long as it doesn't look stretched and the gameplay warrants the film-like effect they're trying to achieve. I hope it looks purty too. Either ways we won't know till official/HD images come out. Hopefully a gameplay trailer.

outsida

Man I'm hoping this game turn out to be good. The time period and aesthetics seem right up my alley.

cheezcake

They're using 2.39:1 or something iirc, same aspect ratio as used in modern movies though this means at home you'll get black bars on the top and bottom of your screen because HDTV's are 16:9

Other than that all we've been told are promising things about its material process and physics system in particular

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Is he smoking a cigarette in the first shot?

I really hope we get to see gameplay that includes monsters instead of the human enemies. The creature design is a complete mystery right now and I fear that they'll just show off combat with humans instead of the monsters first.

Derrick01

Banned
Would be nice to finally see some gameplay and make the determination if it's just another cinematic shooter that's not worth paying attention to or something worthy of being "next gen".

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Do you know if it's gameplay, or is it another in-engine cinematic trailer? Understandable if you can't even say that. :p

Probably both. Gameplay walkthrough video released at the same time as a trailer like several other games have been doing lately. We know they've had multiple trailers ready to go for a while now.

MavFan619

Banned
Would be nice to finally see some gameplay and make the determination if it's just another cinematic shooter that's not worth paying attention to or something worthy of being "next gen".
Clearly the game is aiming to be cinematic, which is fine with me.

AAK

I really fear this game is going to be rushed cause of Sony pressure to get this out by 2014.... but I guess that happens to all big blockbuster games.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I really fear this game is going to be rushed cause of Sony pressure to get this out by 2014.... but I guess that happens to all big blockbuster games.

It's been in development for about 3 years at this point. It'll be almost 4 by the time the game is out.

Top Bottom