• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 years since Arkham Knight's release, what is Rocksteady up to?

Tonky

Do you think it'll be a new IP? Or another superhero game? Before AK's release, they stated that their next project would definitely not be Batman-related so that's out of the question. I personally hope that they're making a Superman game, but a new IP would be nice too. They've obviously proven themselves as very capable developers, so I'm excited to see whatever they have in store for us. I also think that there's a good chance we could see them at E3, maybe their new game is what Shinobi was hinting towards with MS securing marketing a 3rd party title.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I hope we get hints of it soon. With WB cancelling a couple projects recently I'm sure they'll want to get some buzz on future titles since I can't think of anything they're releasing after Shadow of War.

Let's see what shocking insights I can get by looking at their job listings

• Senior Weapon Artist - their game will have weapons of some kind in it for some reason
  • Animators - the game will have animations
  • Cinematic Animator - the game will have cinematic scenes
  • Senior Environment Artist - the game will have environments
  • Senior Concept artist - the game will have concepts
  • Dialogue and sound designers - the game will have dialogue, and sounds
  • Character artist - the game will have characters
  • AI programmer - the game will have AI (note: this is very alarming)
  • Senior Gameplay programmer - the game will have gameplay or possibly game mechanics
  • Senior Lighting Artist - The game will have light at at least one point
  • Senior Web developer - the game will have a web
  • Senior Network programmer - the game will contain a network

giphy.gif

They appear to be working on an AAA game.

Hopefully a new IP

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Wasn't that Superman game debunked a long time ago? I'd hope they'd have something up their sleeves. They sure have had a talent at conquering comic book worlds in video games.
157664_thumb.jpg

I never followed up with this pic. I just remember hype was surrounding it as a possibility. So it could be nothing.

Cardon

Whatever they're doing it's prob off to a better start than the mismanagement drama going over at WB Montreal. That's unless Rocksteady somehow gets roped into cleaning up the mess in Montreal.

Let's see what shocking insights I can get by looking at their job listings

• Senior Weapon Artist - their game will have weapons of some kind in it for some reason
  • Animators - the game will have animations
  • Cinematic Animator - the game will have cinematic scenes
  • Senior Environment Artist - the game will have environments
  • Senior Concept artist - the game will have concepts
  • Dialogue and sound designers - the game will have dialogue, and sounds
  • Character artist - the game will have characters
  • AI programmer - the game will have AI (note: this is very alarming)
  • Senior Gameplay programmer - the game will have gameplay or possibly game mechanics
  • Senior Lighting Artist - The game will have light at at least one point
  • Senior Web developer - the game will have a web
  • Senior Network programmer - the game will contain a network

giphy.gif

They appear to be working on an AAA game.

Hopefully a new IP

Lots of stuff for seniors though. Nice to see.

mas8705

Hard to say where you go after you make Batman Arkham VR... Mind you that I don't know if they could possibly make another Arkham game
considering how everyone knows who Batman is and how he blew himself up to supposedly fake his suicide.

Honestly, I hope that Rocksteady got a deal with another publication to make another game. Not to say that DC can't do another, but it is kind of hard to top what they did with Batman.

Dysun

Probably just made up rumors on both sides of the coin, but I really would like a Turtles or Superman game from Rocksteady

Madness

The average fan doesn't know Damian Wayne. Additionally, Rocksteady capitalized at a time Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were taking the comic book/superhero/movie world by storm. Their games are very similar to what Nolan had envisioned for the world. Their game even ended in a similar fashion.

However, now with DC having completely effed up the DCEU, Batman as a brand is down. Superman games rarely work because he is already too powerful with a fraction of the world building they could do with Batman. They need to invent stupid ways for Superman to be slow, to not just one punch an enemy through the next building etc.

It will be a new IP I think. One that isn't even about superheros. Imagine if a team like Rocksteady was given a Mafia or LA Noire game. Their combat is good, their world building is great. Let's see what they do.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
They could always resurrect FEAR if they wanted that, I imagine they'd probably use RS to do third person action games since that's their forte.

Urban Chaos was a great FPS, I'm sure Rocksteady would do a great job in the genre.

Slixshot

Banned
Was just thinking about this today, honestly. I'm excited to see what they can do. Arkham Knight is still one of the best looking games out there.

Top Bottom