• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

20 New Left 4 Dead Screens, 1st Infected Gameplay This Week On GTTV

saelz8

You know you want this game, so stop suppressing your emotions!

29bhbg5.jpg

2lwnczd.jpg

mawhna.jpg

2crwtiv.jpg

1y1rv9.jpg

r22k3r.jpg

2cg0pwk.jpg

70jsix.jpg

24oy137.jpg

2wohjrm.jpg

rw16pv.jpg

dpadrr.jpg

j961s3.jpg

2n0ug0m.jpg

2uqhb9w.jpg

fdww2h.jpg

2qcq8i1.jpg

10wo9rm.jpg

301jbk5.jpg

35mfr5w.jpg

GTTV

Steeven

Looks fucking awesome, can't wait to get my hands on this. Me and some friends are really desperate for a new co-op shooter.

GHG

Gold Member
Game of the forever. You can have your GTA's, your Too Human's etc.

This. will. be. timeless.

29bhbg5.jpg

Why are the crosshairs on the black man? Do you play as a cop?

Kidding of course.

The writitng on the far wall looks like someone wrote it using a pencil or Waycom.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
I must be the only one thinking the Source Engine still does a classy job.

Anyway I'm so hot for this game, lots of fun to be had with gaffers.

Dabanton

Valve i have your money here for L4D. Let us pre order on Steam and give us a little taste please a weekend beta anything. :lol

saelz8

DefectiveReject said:
i have a PS3 and therefore feel justified. but this looks like shit but in HD
I'm surprised people still give commentary on the engine, I'm guessing none of you play source games regularly? It doesn't really look like shit when you're playing on your monitor, from my perspective anyway.

We have known what to expect since 2004. (With Enhancements)

I don't agree that this looks "out of date". Comparing it to UE3 it might seem that way, but it is more of a style choice. Just my opinion though.

I think this game looks fantastic and cannot wait to play it.

pr0cs

Mistouze said:
I must be the only one thinking the Source Engine still does a classy job.

Anyway I'm so hot for this game, lots of fun to be had with gaffers.
You're not the only one. I was thinking to myself that it seems to have gotten a serious bump in quality. I guess I've been watching too many youtube sized videos so the game always looked terrible to me.

These shots look pretty good .

Haunted said:
http://i36.tinypic.com/70jsix.jpg

Dying guy on the left looks so photoshopped, the perspective's so wrong. :lol

Also, Uwe is a woman!?
:lol And the guy's name is Flo.

Wait. Their names are different in different pics. Must be usernames, not character names.

I hate the flood.
I hate the Uncharted twist.
I hate brainless zombies that come straight at you without taking cover.
Why do I wan't this game so bad?:lol

Gattsu25

Banned
Bidermaier said:
the graphics look out of date. The gameplay looks timeless
Good job, though I think the game looks just fine when it's in motion (from a visual standpoint)
Haunted said:
http://i36.tinypic.com/70jsix.jpg

Dying guy on the left looks so photoshopped, the perspective's all wrong. :lol
Source always fucks up the perspective on objects to the edge of your screen. It's maddening, to be honest...especially since you're the first person I've EVER heard comment on it (at least I'm not alone)

epmode

Gattsu25 said:
Source always fucks up the perspective on objects to the edge of your screen. It's maddening, to be honest...especially since you're the first person I've EVER heard comment on it (at least I'm not alone)
I think it has more to do with a wide FOV than Source specifically. I've noticed the same thing in other games, but only in widescreen.

ampere

The Source engine is starting to look really dated. I'll still be buying this, but I can't wait for the next Valve engine.

Lyon

Gattsu25 said:
It's not just source. Still, it doesn't explain why he looks like he's floating. Not that I care, at all.

There is something off about these shots. They don't look like they are really using source as it should be. I'm not sure how to describe it, because I haven't had any issues with any of the previous media. This is still my most anticipated game right now though.

Dabanton said:
Valve i have your money here for L4D. Let us pre order on Steam and give us a little taste please a weekend beta anything. :lol
There are reports of a demo, isnt there?

Happy zombie wants a hug?

GavinGT

Banned
With the exception of the main character models, the graphics are very underwhelming. Nonetheless, this is going to be fun as hell.

Raide

Come on people! Its shooting zombies...in the face...with shotguns!! I would play the game if it was Wolfenstein 3D Graphics. :lol :lol

poweld

GavinGT said:
With the exception of the main character models, the graphics are very underwhelming. Nonetheless, this is going to be fun as hell.

I'd say they look alright, on part with a beefed up HL2 ep2. I assume they toned down the graphical prowess to keep the game running silky smooth, which of course is far more important.

I trust Valve's decisions, as they haven't let me down yet. Looking forward to some great online play with this one!

Oh, and doesn't this game remind anyone at least a little of Hidden: Source?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidden:_Source

Raide

"Hey Roman, I want zombie teeeties."

I just hope Valve show this as much love as TF2 is getting. *Edit*

I think this game looks like lots of fun.

I have to check it out before I buy though.

It's going to be pure PC shooter, weightless (floaty) characters, fast and twitchy gunplay...right?

I don't think I like that.

i cant figure out whether to get this game for pc or for 360....

I mean, it's a game on steam, I wanna play it on pc, plus I want to be able to move with the quickness with my mouse and keyboard...

but then again, i want to play this game laying back on my comfy leather couch in front of my future hdtv...

ah the choices...but as marlo stanfield would say...this is one of those good problems.

Where do you have the majority of your friends you'll be playing with, PC or 360? Choose that as your determining factor if you're stuck on the other options.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
why does it look like crap? I've seen the source engine do better so; what gives?

must be the 360 version..

Can't wait for it, with hordes of fast paced zombies I doubt many people will have time to be complaining about jaggies although I have to admit it's not exactly cutting edge visuals.

Regardless, with 3 friends and voice coms I can see this game quickly becoming an online favourite.

Pyrokai

ciaossu said:
The Source engine is starting to look really dated. I'll still be buying this, but I can't wait for the next Valve engine.

I look at statements like this and can't help but notice that I never even think of things like this. Maybe I'm just not spoiled when it comes to graphics, but I still think this looks gorgeous. Half-Life 2 is still currently one of the most beautiful games I've ever played.

Timber

Pyrokai said:
I look at statements like this and can't help but notice that I never even think of things like this. Maybe I'm just not spoiled when it comes to graphics, but I still think this looks gorgeous. Half-Life 2 is still currently one of the most beautiful games I've ever played.
No doubt Left 4 Dead will look great on PC and console alike. The videos already show that so I'm not sure why people feel the need to complain after one 'poor' batch of screenshots.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Being out in those woods with hoards of zombies that can come from anywhere is going to be some crazy shit.

Top Bottom