• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

20 reasons why Assassin's Creed Odyssey is a better WRPG than The Witcher 3

Lanrutcon

Look, it's okay you made an embarrassing assertion and you are desperately trying to avoid having to defend it.

I see that you've moved on to projecting. I was wondering when you'd do that. Bonus points for still using "lol" unironically while attempting to post like an adult.

"Cap* a slang term for "Lie", clearly you have no social life where you interact that much outside this forum or else you'd be slightly aware of term Lol thanks for giving an indication of the degree of lameness your life consists of.

Look, you can make up whatever words you want, but outside of your special needs class you're going to have to translate for the world, raccoon boy.

" nobody reads quest logs on the second playthrough, therefore writing doesn't matter"

That's what you think my core argument is? We've been at this since Wed, man. You don't have to make up an argument for me because I already posted one. You replied to it. It's on the same page as this conversation, and it has nothing to do with the writing. I'm not going to defend something I didn't say, so how about you post the actual thing if you've got the balls.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Quite how anyone can claim that a game that is clearly designed by committee, is produced on a factory line of reused assets and gameplay mechanics, and has progression solely designed to fleece more money out of the player…is better than The Witcher 3 sounds insane.

Look, you can make up whatever words you want, but outside of your special needs class you're going to have to translate for the world, raccoon boy.

man you must be running out of steam, this is poor work. you started off okay, but this isn't your best.

It seems you deviate towards some weird gas lighting technique, acting as if things we all know exists, doesn't lol unfortunately i'm not your romantic partner, gaslighting isn't going to work here

This would've been a better response, I'll help you out, something along the lines of:

"I'm aware of the term, but to actually use it is another thing entirely"

that'd be a nice one, but to bullshit a forum with access to search engines that can easily prove I personally didn't make this up lol Just highlights that you are willing to be disingenuous with your arguments at any cost, which in turns exposes that you're willing to act like your core argument didn't exist, as you acted as if the word "cap" didn't exist. I'm noticing a pattern lol

But just to be petty:

to cap about something is “to brag,” “to exaggerate,” or “to lie” about it. This meaning of cap dates back to the early 1900s.

History lesson: In the 1940s, according to Green’s Dictionary of Slang, to cap is evidenced as slang meaning “to surpass,” connected to the ritualized insults of capping (1960s). These terms appear to be rooted in the sense of cap as “top” or “upper limit.”

So, no cap has the sense of “no lie,” “no joke,” “for real,” or “not bragging.” The expression is closely associated with slang in Atlanta-area hip-hop. It appears on Twitter by at least 2012, though it was almost certainly in use in spoken English before then.

-https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/no-cap/

example of widely known figures using the term:

no more obscuring reality for you on that one.

That's what you think my core argument is? We've been at this since Wed, man. You don't have to make up an argument for me because I already posted one. You replied to it. It's on the same page as this conversation, and it has nothing to do with the writing. I'm not going to defend something I didn't say, so how about you post the actual thing if you've got the balls.

okay lol that's a mistake on your part.

you started off by making another very stupid assertion "you spend most of your time fighting in both games, so you'd rather choose the one without shitty combat"

to which I responded saying that was incorrect, that you spend just as much time in the witcher 3 with quests and doing other things as you do with combat (if not more)

your response:

Oh yeah, that travel time. Amazing gameplay that. Picking up apple #5,192? pure excitement. Who the fuck reads quest text on the second playthrough?

And let's not talk about simplicity when you can't even spell "spend", ok champ? Your post makes the average Reddit reply look like Shakespeare.

to which I said :

The fuck are you talking about? Apples? The witcher 3 has a large quest focus, which is essentially the creative aspect of any rpg. And those quests do not consist of just combat, that would be repetitive, which the witcher 3 isnt due to the variety of experiences and scenarios you encounter within the quests.

For example the bloody baron quest is memorable and has little to do with combat, amongst others.

Unless you're one of those guys who thinks anything that isnt you fighting something is not "gameplay" lol like an ADHD child, or a low IQ fraternity brother.

Have you played and completed the game? Doesnt sound like it lol you implying reading quest text isnt necessary on virtually any playthrough of an rpg is suspect lol are assassins creeds quests so generic that you can do them without reading the context? 🤣

I was simply responding to an assertion you made about quest writing and ALSO acknowledged every other point you made, I even insinuated you expand on the "apples" comment but YOU chose to focus on quest writing aspect:

Replaying the game, genius. You might want to read the original post you quoted. It won't take you long to find since it's on the same page as this one. Of fucking course I don't read the quest text on my second playthrough since I, like normal people, remember shit.

Bonus points for calling me an ADHD child and mentioning context when you can't even remember what you're replying to. I'm amazed you manage to work a keyboard without an adult present.

you made no mention of anything else, you focused on this. you didn't defend your other statements at all (That I acknowledged, and responded to) and completely side stepped it.

You made it apparent that the quest log aspect of conversation was the hill you wanted to stand on lol and you made the initial statement in response to quests being a focus.

you fucked up by asking me to go back and quote this (probably thought I wouldn't). you just lost yourself the argument here pal. it's blatantly right here. might want to run away now. watch it happen

kids thinking they are good at this debate shit. lol fuck outta here, next?

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

It's a little creepy that you think I'm going to read all that. Guess you're pretty invested in this, huh? I had hoped my first stalker would at least know what an apostrophe is, but hey.

Anyway, started replaying Witcher 3 atm. It's mostly combat, since I remember the quest lines. Go figure.

It's a little creepy that you think I'm going to read all that. Guess you're pretty invested in this, huh? I had hoped my first stalker would at least know what an apostrophe is, but hey.

Anyway, started replaying Witcher 3 atm. It's mostly combat, since I remember the quest lines. Go figure.
lol of course. you wanted me to quote you correct?

deflection, the user ladies and gentlemen. Asks for smoke, can't take it, says "I don't care" when things get alittle real. hoping to change the argument into some other type of battle about apostrophe's or some shit to avoid looking like he got fucked up in the debate.

typical pussy forum shit xD I admire the tenacity you have for wanting the last word though.

It's obvious to everyone with a brain what happened here, and who's actually acknowledging points.

in before you give more of a response to this, rather than the post above. *yawn* next?

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

lol of course. you wanted me to quote you correct?

deflection, the user ladies and gentlemen. Asks for smoke, can't take it, says "I don't care" when things get alittle real. hoping to change the argument into some other type of battle about apostrophe's or some shit to avoid looking like he got fucked up in the debate.

typical pussy forum shit xD I admire the tenacity you have for wanting the last word though.

It's obvious to everyone with a brain what happened here, and who's actually acknowledging points.

in before you give more of a response to this, rather than the post above. *yawn* next?

I apologize for not reading your giant wall of un-spellchecked text. I see now that it was really important to you that I should, but I can't really figure out why you thought that I or anyone would.

Before you wander off, I've got a question that's been baffling me since you started rambling: you capitalize the start of some sentences, but not others. Often sentences right next to each other! That, combined with this weird aversion to paragraphs and a rocky relationship with punctuation, gives your posts a really interesting texture. Like your posting from a third-world prison or a burning rollercoaster. Why is that? I am concerned that English might not be your first language and that I have been mocking you regardless. That would not be cool.

bender

What time is it?
Immortals is more fun than ACO, W3 and BOTW.

giphy.gif

dog-so-close.gif

bender

What time is it?
They are both cakewalks after a while.

Aye. After the tutorial area/first boss, the game quickly becomes easy. I finished on Death March for my first playthrough and you can mostly ignore the magic and alchemy in the game without many stumbles.

imma just keep condensing, to eliminate any excuses lol
okay lol that's a mistake on your part.

you started off by making another very stupid assertion "you spend most of your time fighting in both games, so you'd rather choose the one without shitty combat"

to which I responded saying that was incorrect, that you spend just as much time in the witcher 3 with quests and doing other things as you do with combat (if not more)

your response:

to which I said :

I was simply responding to an assertion you made about quest writing and ALSO acknowledged every other point you made, I even insinuated you expand on the "apples" comment but YOU chose to focus on quest writing aspect:

you made no mention of anything else, you focused on this. you didn't defend your other statements at all (That I acknowledged, and responded to) and completely side stepped it.

You made it apparent that the quest log aspect of conversation was the hill you wanted to stand on lol and you made the initial statement in response to quests being a focus.

you fucked up by asking me to go back and quote this (probably thought I wouldn't). you just lost yourself the argument here pal. it's blatantly right here. might want to run away now. watch it happen

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

lol such a pussy. acknowledge the points made. stop trying to change the goal post,

I did my end. grow a pair and do yours.

you're doing exactly what i said you would. the irony...

if you were being genuine, you don't have to acknowledge the "cap" section,

you can just focus on your posts instead :) since you asked for that, but you wont do that will you?

Oh, I'm still supremely happy with the post that sparked your week-long meltdown. I still can't believe I got someone so mad with two lines of text.

Don't worry about those goalposts: they're firmly in place for another week of your tantrum. Sustain that rage, raccoon boy.

Oh, I'm still supremely happy with the post that sparked your week-long meltdown. I still can't believe I got someone so mad with two lines of text.

Don't worry about those goalposts: they're firmly in place for another week of your tantrum. Sustain that rage, raccoon boy.
You've responded to a pretty exact amount of posts that I've made Lol so if I'm "upset", then apparently you are too. By your own logic.

But I've stayed connected to the..games. you however are attempting to try and be...personal? I suppose? Which is a grave indication of someone being hurt.

I'm still awaiting talking about the witcher however, whenever you're ready? You aren't mad at me are you? You still never told me about the apples. I just want to know about the apples really.

I didn't even know you could pick apples, I fucking suck.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

You've responded to a pretty exact amount of posts that I've made Lol so if I'm "upset", then apparently you are too. By your own logic.

But I've stayed connected to the..games. you however are attempting to try and be...personal? I suppose? Which is a grave indication of someone being hurt.

I'm still awaiting talking about the witcher however, whenever you're ready? You aren't mad at me are you? You still never told me about the apples. I just want to know about the apples really.

I didn't even know you could pick apples, I fucking suck.

Ok then. Since your post is so close to passing a spellcheck I'll oblige and solve the apple mystery:

You find them as loot in the game. You skimmed my post and thought I said "pick apples" instead of "pick up apples".

So yeah...sucking a bit there on both counts, my friend.

Ok then. Since your post is so close to passing a spellcheck I'll oblige and solve the apple mystery:

You find them as loot in the game. You skimmed my post and thought I said "pick apples" instead of "pick up apples".

So yeah...sucking a bit there on both counts, my friend.
Lol ah the spellcheck test. That's surely why you didn't respond to that post ;D you are a trip man, I'll give you that haha.

Coming from a sociology guy, your tactics for attempting to control optics are truly firing on all cylinders ;)

Hard post to refute: "I'm not gonna respond, because uh, an apostrophe was out of place."

Easy post to respond to: "okay, let me tell you about apples kid." 😂

But why only mention apples for loot or side activity, What about armor, gwent and ques-- you know what nevermind. I'm just happy you told me about the apples. I should be grateful.

Lanrutcon

Lol ah the spellcheck test. That's surely why you didn't respond to that post ;D you are a trip man, I'll give you that haha.

Coming from a sociology guy, your tactics for attempting to control optics are truly firing on all cylinders ;)

Hard post to refute: "I'm not gonna respond, because uh, an apostrophe was out of place."

Easy post to respond to: "okay, let me tell you about apples kid." 😂

But why only mention apples for loot or side activity, What about armor, gwent and ques-- you know what nevermind. I'm just happy you told me about the apples. I should be grateful.

Well yes, it was super easy to respond to since it wasn't a scrolling nightmare death wall of text. Let the record show I could make fun of you for forgetting the game has apples...

...but that would be low hanging fruit. (and no-one will read or appreciate that joke because it's stuck in this thread)

Glad you made that final comment there: The Witcher 3 has a fair amount of side activities that you'll want to do on your first time through. On replays? I'm not so sure. Take the apple comment: there's so much crap to pick up in the game, but how much do you really use? I paid a lot of attention on initial playthrough and looted everything, but not so much later on. Same for Gwent, I wouldn't replay that once I have the cheevos. The quests I'd redo, as stated earlier, because they are quality but also because they have great rewards. They'd go by super fast because I'd know what to do and say and select in advance. Skip the cutscenes and the dialogue and they take no time at all on your second playthrough.

Which brings me back to the post that started this: on replays, most of my time would be spent in combat. With the possible exception of travel, which I'll admit I did not specify. Since I don't especially like the combat in the game, I'd rather replay something else. Like AC:Odyssey. Your thoughts?

Also: Don't pretend you're not making better posts. I see that sentence case you're using. I see those full stops. Posting properly makes people take you seriously. I'm not being sarcastic. Keep it up.

Rac3r

God awful take. The last few AC games have been both oversized and bloated . Ubisoft’s idea of good content is littering your screen with pointless side quests and collectibles. There’s also little to no variation in side quests or mission structure. There’s a reason they are able to put out a new game every year. Absolute garbage.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
1. Superior melee combat
Far more moves, weapon options and it's just smoother and faster.
The combat was entirely mindless and devoid of any tactical thinking. Witcher 3 at least required *some* tactics, especially at higher difficulties. Animations felt floaty and lacked any real feedback. Akin to smacking someone with a wet noodle.
2. Superior ranged combat
The crossbow in The Witcher 3 is damn useless whereas the bows in Odyssey are quick, devasting and accurate.
I can agree here, but both are ultimately awful implementations.
3. More charming protagonist
Kassandra has the charm and grace to match the greatest stars of cinema. Geralt is as miserable and gruff as a fail son at Thanksgiving.
The "Protagonist" of Odyssey was a completely blank, mindless character with zero personality. That is what happens when you try to design a character across two genders in an era with massive gender inequality. They should have stuck with one and molded the story and interactions around that choice instead of what we got.
4. Larger map
The map in Odyssey is almost twice the size of The Witcher 3.
Bloated Map. Nothing was memorable about Odyssey's map. It was poorly designed and lacked almost any real designs or choices that matched the actual era it was trying to imitate. Valhalla was even worse. Unless you like mindless chores on a map that have no actual bearing on its world, there is no reason anyone would prefer Odyssey over Witcher 3 in this regard.
5. Better boats
You have a refugee dinghy in TW3. In Odyssey you have a proud ship of war fit for the high seas which can be customized and upgraded extensively.
Not even really a fair comparison. Both had completely different design choices. W3 is a small vessel used to just get to and from a location. Just like it was in AC Origins.
6. Better story
TW3 you are basically just the backdrop to the story of Ciri and her MacGuffin magic and there is a little political nonsense with characters that barely have any introduction. In Odyssey you roam the greatest era of the greatest civilization while solving the mysteries of your past and influencing the future.
The story is a fucking insult to Assassin's Creed lore and history as a whole. Its full of contrived and nonsensical plot threads, tons of retcons, insults historical records and outright lies about events while claiming to be historically authentic/accurate. It's also beyond fucking tropey. Every character in the story is a cardboard cutout devoid of any depth and blatant mary/gary stu writing of protagonists.

Also greatest era? If it is your preferred historical point, then you would know how much it gets wrong. Any historian would also argue that it was by zero means the "greatest civilization".
7. Better DLC
The Witcher 3 DLC you chase around a genie and a vampire. In Odyssey you get all new gameplay exploring the mystical land of Atlantis.
In Odyssey you get the same exact gameplay, doing the same things you did for 80 hours previous, with the same insulting story with the same insulting characters. In Witcher 3, you visit believable locales within its universe with unique, multi-faceted characters that last 10-20 hours depending on the time you spend for each DLC.
8. Better mounts
In odyssey you can customize your mount and your horse is named after the God Phobos, son of Ares. In The Witcher your horse is named after a roach.
Both are just horses. The only "unique" mounts in Odyssey are the shitty store mounts that make the game feel like a cartoon.
9. Better exploration
There is more to see and do in Odyssey. You can climb every mountain and swim to the bottom of the ocean.
And you get nothing out of it. Its padding and bloat.
10. Better sex
In TW3 you can romance Triss the rat exterminator or Yennifer who takes every opportunity to emasculate poor Geralt while simultaneously being clingy and a shrew. In Odyssey Kassandra bangs whoever she wants with wild abandon.
Both are terrible. Sex scenes are juvenile attempts at titillation. At least with Witcher 3, it had some thematic purpose. In Odyssey, it had zero (and even then, historically, doesn't make sense).
11. Better Scaling
In TW3 enemies and quests were a set level so therefore were often too easy and gave awful rewards. In Odyssey enemies and rewards scale.
The enemies in Odyssey are non-issues from the start and continue to be non-issues 80 hours in. They may "scale", but that means nothing when you can wipe out an entire base in a matter of minutes with zero thought.

Witcher 3 requires some semblance of tactics in fights. Both games have fodder enemies, but only one requires planning and that is TW3.
12. Better Upgrades
Weapons and armor can be fully upgraded with many more options and transmog in Odyssey.
Its completely pointless to do and barely changes much of anything. You also end up looking like a clown, more often than not, with the cartoony designs on much of the armor.
13. Better crafting
Instead of making useless "dedoctions" like Witcher 3 crafting in Odyssey focuses on useful things like weapons and ship upgrades.The supplies are more universal and there are more options for obtaining them.
Both are simplistic, by the numbers crafting. TW3's feels like it has a purpose, thematically speaking. Odyssey's feels like busy work and another thing to add to the map as a collectible.
14. Better graphics and performance
Not really debatable. Everything is just that much more beautiful in Odyssey.
Odyssey looks like a cartoon. The Witcher 3 looks believable with some fantastical elements.
15. Better tracking
Instead of following miles of trails and scent marks like in TW3 in Odyssey you follow clues and geography.
You follow a point on the map that is highlighted. The "clues", if you decide to choose that option, have zero thought behind them. They blatantly tell you where to go. There is no sense of exploration or thematic design behind it.
16. More epic battles
If you want you can conquer and defeat every army in the Aegean in Odyssey. In TW3 you fight at most a few guys at a time.
I would rather feel threatened by a few enemies than feel like I am ragdolling hundreds in a game that is trying to be serious and has been serious in the past. Again, feels like a damn cartoon.
17. More dangerous enemies
Start trouble in Odyssey and an endless wave of mercenaries will be sent to track you down and put an end to you. In TW3 your actions have no consequences outside of story beats and a few worthless guards being sent after you.
Again, no enemies posed a threat in Odyssey. There was no thought to any encounter, nor any tactics required. The opposite is true for TW3.

18. Better stealth
In Odyssey you can become the ultimate assassin slipping silently into a camp and deftly murdering every soul like a whisper on the wind. In TW3 you stomp around clumsily and must fight your way through every situation.
Geralt isn't an assassin. That is like comparing Master Chief to Garret from the Thief series.

Also Odyssey (and Valhalla) don't make you feel like an all powerful assassin, but some overpowered cartoon character. You don't have to plan your route or feel threatened if you are caught. For a series based around "assassination", the games have gotten progressively worse with making you feel like a damn assassin.
19. Better antagonists
Instead of knocking off the Nazgul from Lord of the Rings like TW3 in Odyssey you pursue a dangerous cult that has infiltrated every level of society.
None of the cult had personality. None of it felt threatening. It felt like a checklist to reach the end. There were at least stakes in TW3. The threat felt real.
20. Better setting
The amazing world of ancient Greece is brought to life brilliantly in Odyssey. TW3 has some generic castles, fields and swamps.

SpicyOrneryAphid-size_restricted.gif
The amazing world of Ancient Greece? You insult history with that claim here. Nothing in Odyssey was indicative of the era. the most simplistic of facts were wrong. If that is what the devs wanted? I am all for it, as long as they didn't try to claim historical authenticity/accuracy, which they did on numerous occasions.

TW3 felt like it fit the world. The towns and settlements felt real. In Odyssey, they felt like video game towns. Small, tiny versions of what they should be. For as large and bloated as Odyssey was, it had nothing compared to the memorable and well designed cities in games prior. Rome, Florence, etc. Those felt like living cities. Here? Not so much.

Last edited:
Well yes, it was super easy to respond to since it wasn't a scrolling nightmare death wall of text. Let the record show I could make fun of you for forgetting the game has apples...

...but that would be low hanging fruit. (and no-one will read or appreciate that joke because it's stuck in this thread)

Glad you made that final comment there: The Witcher 3 has a fair amount of side activities that you'll want to do on your first time through. On replays? I'm not so sure. Take the apple comment: there's so much crap to pick up in the game, but how much do you really use? I paid a lot of attention on initial playthrough and looted everything, but not so much later on. Same for Gwent, I wouldn't replay that once I have the cheevos. The quests I'd redo, as stated earlier, because they are quality but also because they have great rewards. They'd go by super fast because I'd know what to do and say and select in advance. Skip the cutscenes and the dialogue and they take no time at all on your second playthrough.

Which brings me back to the post that started this: on replays, most of my time would be spent in combat. With the possible exception of travel, which I'll admit I did not specify. Since I don't especially like the combat in the game, I'd rather replay something else. Like AC:Odyssey. Your thoughts?

Also: Don't pretend you're not making better posts. I see that sentence case you're using. I see those full stops. Posting properly makes people take you seriously. I'm not being sarcastic. Keep it up.

perhaps that's what mobile vs laptop will do to you in some senses; but I enjoy the bait and switch, I like creating false senses of security. But lets not pretend that the post in question wasn't fine. Especially when it was something you had desired lol Once again, the optics control is for the audience, I see through it. and you know that ;) But I'll let you somewhat successfully avoid it and move on to something else.

anyway,
of course the game has apples, amongst various other foods that give you health etc

picking apples though, that I would've been upset I did not know. You gave it so much emphasis I thought there was something I had missed about apples in particular lol

hence the "picking" misread, but what a strange food choice to pick if you didn't want that connection to be made considering the prior emphasis. and why apples? steaks were sooo much more valuable.

and my thoughts on the last bit?

well, The witcher 3 wasn't designed around combat. Assassins Creed games? more so.

You are not initially buying a witcher game for the combat. Just as you wouldn't buy shenmue for the combat; its more of a sum of it's parts, The journey, storytelling, quests etc.

Thus there are tons of worse games that are better to "replay" if you are no longer going to value the aspects of it that made it what it is initially.

those cutscenes you're skipping, those quests, are a major part of the experience they presented, strip that away and yes, an ubisoft game would be better to replay, because the witcher didn't win it's awards on running around and fighting.

might aswell play dragons dogma or black desert then. They have better combat than assassins; but all of which have none of the intangibles of the witcher.

But we disagree on there not being more to do outside of combat than picking (up) apples and travel. that's cap :) but if you're the type to skip cutscene etc, (even on replays) then you aren't valuing that aspect of the experience all that much in the first place. Why even replay it then?

but seeing as you skip cutscenes on replays, tells me you are impatient. was this too long for you? I broke it up with the bolds to hopefully make more storybook like.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

those cutscenes you're skipping, those quests, are a major part of the experience they presented, strip that away and yes, an ubisoft game would be better to replay, because the witcher didn't win it's awards on running around and fighting.

Ok, glad you agree with me. It only took a week and I've been very patient. Thank you for "letting me" get us here, you insufferable so and so. I still wonder how much of this conversation was due to a language barrier.

But we disagree on there not being more to do outside of combat than picking (up) apples and travel. that's cap :) but if you're the type to skip cutscene etc, (even on replays) then you aren't valuing that aspect of the experience all that much in the first place. Why even replay it then?

Achievements. Nostalgia. Boredom. Prepping a save for Blood & Wine. And I do value cutscenes, dialogue, lore, etc...the first time I play the game. Second time through? Not so much, like most people. First time through I enjoy getting immersed to the fullest, and the worldbuilding in the Witcher games is top notch.

]but seeing as you skip cutscenes on replays, tells me you are impatient. was this too long for you? I broke it up with the bolds to hopefully make more storybook like.

Let me tell you about a little something called paragraphs...they'll change your life. Or at least, your approach to formal writing and conveying ideas.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
AC is peak theme park game design, something WoW did for MMORPGs. In short bursts it’s a better game, but as an RPG it falls flat as every AC does.

Ok, glad you agree with me. It only took a week and I've been very patient. Thank you for "letting me" get us here, you insufferable so and so. I still wonder how much of this conversation was due to a language barrier.
Except you didn't let us get here, which was proven by the post you're scared to acknowledge, see why it's important to not bitch out on posts?

Achievements. Nostalgia. Boredom. Prepping a save for Blood & Wine. And I do value cutscenes, dialogue, lore, etc...the first time I play the game. Second time through? Not so much, like most people. First time through I enjoy getting immersed to the fullest, and the worldbuilding in the Witcher games is top notch.
Like most people? With your logic most people wouldn't enjoy rewatching a film. Or would only watch scenes instead. Fortunately, most people rewatch films in entirety.

Similar idea here, you rewatch a film to take in an overall experience again, the same can apply to a narrative driven game. But because the impatience to be in control kicks in, you skip it. But it's a paradox with games like the witcher because the narrative is essentially the experience.

Not so much with assassins, but this isn't a compliment to assassins, which your original post implied. Which is why you were quoted.

But you clearly don't value that aspect of the experience, because you don't feel the need to experience it again. I and many others for example do, because they were well done and enjoyable, I'm not skipping the witches scene for example. No matter how many times I've seen it.

in fact, I disagree that assassins is even better to replay, a shittier game is a shittier game. Better for fights doesn't mean better to replay, my mistake in even agreeing to that. Its only viable to people who see narrative or cutscene as a means to an end. Which you clearly do, or else you wouldn't skip them

Let me tell you about a little something called paragraphs...they'll change your life. Or at least, your approach to formal writing and conveying ideas.
None of my posts where walls without spacing kid, stop revising history like you did with cap lol

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

Except you didn't let us get here, which was proven by the post you're scared to acknowledge, see why it's important to not bitch out on posts?

Ah, back to name calling. You don't know any better, but I was hopeful. Anyway: keep talking, but I got you to agree with the post that sent you on this embarrassing spiral. Being right is fun, and you should try it some time.

Like most people?

Yes, like most people. I'm sure I know why you're having trouble with the concept. It's the same reason you need help dressing yourself in the morning. It's the same reason you aren't allowed near cutlery or children.

None of my posts where walls without spacing kid, stop revising history like you did with cap lol

I think it's cute that you put a space between every sentence like an 8 year old, but your walls of text are still walls of text. And you still haven't embraced that spellchecking thing, I see? Every time you post it gets a little more depressing. Like watching a monkey trying to work a typewriter. Sure, some of the correct keys are being hit occasionally but deep down everyone knows all you want to do is scratch yourself and eat the fleas.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Origins is better. Fight me.

Better than Odyssey and Valhalla? I agree with you entirely. Bayek was an actual character. They had fun with the setting, but still at least tried to be respectful to the era and its history.

Better than TW3? I am not sure about that. Both are great games and strive for completely different experiences.

Ah, back to name calling. You don't know any better, but I was hopeful..

Ah I see you're too simple to understand "agreement" with a caveat. which implied your entire premise was flawed. I should have known simply using the word, was too much for you to handle. you based the replay statement on the idea that combat is what you primarily do in both games, remember? jeez.

and if saying "bitching out" is name calling to you, then you belong perhaps to the other gaming forum. But it's like you get so mad at being insulted, you try to focus on a pure insult battle instead lol so like, sorry if I hurt you? but I throw a jab and fuck up your point. you can't seem to do both.

but Like I said, it's your comfort zone.

anyway I wish I can live in the same deluded reality of omitting discussing the parts any argument I clearly lost, but I have a life to live, I can't keep up with your 1600 posts per year compared to my 600. I have important things to do. But I can certainly see you have the time to get there lol I suspect this is the most exciting thing to happen to you all week, so I appreciate your persistence.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
1. Superior melee combat
Far more moves, weapon options and it's just smoother and faster.

2. Superior ranged combat
The crossbow in The Witcher 3 is damn useless whereas the bows in Odyssey are quick, devasting and accurate.

3. More charming protagonist
Kassandra has the charm and grace to match the greatest stars of cinema. Geralt is as miserable and gruff as a fail son at Thanksgiving.

4. Larger map
The map in Odyssey is almost twice the size of The Witcher 3.

5. Better boats
You have a refugee dinghy in TW3. In Odyssey you have a proud ship of war fit for the high seas which can be customized and upgraded extensively.

6. Better story
TW3 you are basically just the backdrop to the story of Ciri and her MacGuffin magic and there is a little political nonsense with characters that barely have any introduction. In Odyssey you roam the greatest era of the greatest civilization while solving the mysteries of your past and influencing the future.

7. Better DLC
The Witcher 3 DLC you chase around a genie and a vampire. In Odyssey you get all new gameplay exploring the mystical land of Atlantis.

8. Better mounts
In odyssey you can customize your mount and your horse is named after the God Phobos, son of Ares. In The Witcher your horse is named after a roach.

9. Better exploration
There is more to see and do in Odyssey. You can climb every mountain and swim to the bottom of the ocean.

10. Better sex
In TW3 you can romance Triss the rat exterminator or Yennifer who takes every opportunity to emasculate poor Geralt while simultaneously being clingy and a shrew. In Odyssey Kassandra bangs whoever she wants with wild abandon.

11. Better Scaling
In TW3 enemies and quests were a set level so therefore were often too easy and gave awful rewards. In Odyssey enemies and rewards scale.

12. Better Upgrades
Weapons and armor can be fully upgraded with many more options and transmog in Odyssey.

13. Better crafting
Instead of making useless "dedoctions" like Witcher 3 crafting in Odyssey focuses on useful things like weapons and ship upgrades.The supplies are more universal and there are more options for obtaining them.

14. Better graphics and performance
Not really debatable. Everything is just that much more beautiful in Odyssey.

15. Better tracking
Instead of following miles of trails and scent marks like in TW3 in Odyssey you follow clues and geography.

16. More epic battles
If you want you can conquer and defeat every army in the Aegean in Odyssey. In TW3 you fight at most a few guys at a time.

17. More dangerous enemies
Start trouble in Odyssey and an endless wave of mercenaries will be sent to track you down and put an end to you. In TW3 your actions have no consequences outside of story beats and a few worthless guards being sent after you.

18. Better stealth
In Odyssey you can become the ultimate assassin slipping silently into a camp and deftly murdering every soul like a whisper on the wind. In TW3 you stomp around clumsily and must fight your way through every situation.

19. Better antagonists
Instead of knocking off the Nazgul from Lord of the Rings like TW3 in Odyssey you pursue a dangerous cult that has infiltrated every level of society.

20. Better setting
The amazing world of ancient Greece is brought to life brilliantly in Odyssey. TW3 has some generic castles, fields and swamps.

SpicyOrneryAphid-size_restricted.gif

100% agree with this. But difference is that The Witcher 3 was so staggering in terms of quality and content at its time as most games were going to MTX route and DLC's. AC Odyssey is much better, but it followed the footsteps of The Witcher 3.

Spaceman292

Banned
This thread was a trainwreck from the beginning, but now it seems like people keep coming by to light the wreckage on fire.

Witcher is better and everyone knows it

EDMIX

This thread was a trainwreck from the beginning, but now it seems like people keep coming by to light the wreckage on fire.

Witcher is better and everyone knows it

Nah. I own both and even got Witcher 3 first as I bought it day 1, but AC Odyessey best that game in lots of areas. So no, its not a case of "better and everyone knows it" I fucking own both and I don't think so even remotely so....yea.

Lanrutcon

Ah I see you're too simple to understand "agreement" with a caveat. which implied your entire premise was flawed. I should have known simply using the word, was too much for you to handle.

and if saying "bitching out" is name calling to you, then you belong perhaps to the other gaming forum.

but hey, at least I was attempting to have a conversation regarding the subject at hand, whereas you seem to be more comfortable meandering around irrelevant quips in order to once again, distract from the fact that you can't back up your own arguments and can only make an initial assertion. Hell, you even backed up, made the same assertion, and failed to back it up again, to instead do the same thing you've been doing. hence why this took a week. If you get countered you fall back into drawn out desperate "am i funny?" quips about grammar or something.

it's like you get so mad at being insulted, you try to focus on a pure insult battle instead lol so like, sorry if I hurt you? but I throw a jab and fuck up your point. you can't seem to do both.

but Like I said, it's your comfort zone.

anyway I wish I can live in the same deluded reality of omitting discussing the parts any argument I clearly lost, but I have a life to live, I can't keep up with your 1600 posts per year compared to my 600. I have important things to do. But I can certainly see you have the time to get there lol I suspect this is the most exciting thing to happen to you all week, so I appreciate your persistence.

Holy shit. Paragraphs. You finally did it. If that doesn't qualify you to go to school with the normal kids then I don't know what will. It can be taught, ladies and gentlemen.

If this thread lasts another week I can probably get you back on topic, once you stop sulking over (checks latest reply) ...your post count? Kinda random, but ok. Don't feel bad. 600 posts in 9 months is great for someone who thinks glue is a food group. Keep it up and someone will make a Christmas special about you some day.

Holy shit. Paragraphs. You finally did it. If that doesn't qualify you to go to school with the normal kids then I don't know what will. It can be taught, ladies and gentlemen.

If this thread lasts another week I can probably get you back on topic, once you stop sulking over (checks latest reply) ...your post count? Kinda random, but ok. Don't feel bad. 600 posts in 9 months is great for someone who thinks glue is a food group. Keep it up and someone will make a Christmas special about you some day.

lol 1600, meaning you have more time dedicated to being here, your emphasis on how "seriously" you take the grammar of the posts on here, let me know this is big for you. This is likely the most social interaction you get, which is why I kinda feel bad if I just leave you hanging

You lost the debate a page ago. since then this is all you've done. you must be upset.

on track? you had a post that addressed the game a few posts up, you got mad, and tried out more of your crowd work for open mic on me

sad, desperate, floundering...you really want that final word don't you lol

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

lol 1600, meaning you have more time dedicated to being here, your emphasis on how "seriously" you take the grammar of the posts on here, let me know this is big for you. This likely the most social interaction you get, which is why I kinda feel bad if I just leave you hanging

You lost the debate a page ago. since then this is all you've done. you must be upset.

on track? you had a post that addressed the game a few posts up, you got mad, and tried out more of your crowd work for open mic on me

sad, desperate, floundering...you really want that final word don't you lol

That's the spirit! Post counts are now the new topic. It's high time someone speaks up about all these posts on the forum, and by God you're exactly the right kind of guy to do it. Besides, I bet you're way too cool to ever reach 1,600 posts. No, you'll keep your post count low. That'll ensure everyone knows you're too cool for the forum. Best way to participate in the community, really. Imagine the cool points you'll earn by simply not saying anything.

Genius.

That's the spirit! Post counts are now the new topic. It's high time someone speaks up about all these posts on the forum, and by God you're exactly the right kind of guy to do it. Besides, I bet you're way too cool to ever reach 1,600 posts. No, you'll keep your post count low. That'll ensure everyone knows you're too cool for the forum. Best way to participate in the community, really. Imagine the cool points you'll earn by simply not saying anything.

Genius.
ah yes, because I'm the one shifting subjects ;) you manipulative critter you.

but sure, no need to try and not post, but it's certainly an interesting indication of dedication to this medium

if one had say...500 posts a day, it's certainly indicative of something

So I can just infer that this means alot to you, or certainly more to you than me, and that's why I'm still here. to be a friend really, do you want me to stop posting after the next post so you can feel good and have the final say? I'll do it for you.

I await your response

Lanrutcon

ah yes, because I'm the one shifting subjects ;) you manipulative critter you.
but sure, no need to try and not post, but it's certainly an interesting indication of dedication to this medium
if one had say...500 posts a day, it's certainly indicative of something

If you're having trouble remembering who brought up post counts, all you need to do is scroll up a bit. It shouldn't be hard to find the source. Obviously get an adult to help you, as usual.

I'm honestly surprised that you forgot what you posted in under an hour.

If you're having trouble remembering who brought up post counts, all you need to do is scroll up a bit. It shouldn't be hard to find the source. Obviously get an adult to help you, as usual.

I'm honestly surprised that you forgot what you posted in under an hour.

oh i see your memory only goes back a post. We were still talking about the witcher my boy, and then, my god you got highly upset by me oh so playfully saying you bitched out; and then you just forgot it existed in a blind rage of open mic crowd work.

That heckler will never see it coming fam, keep up the practice. I know that's the default when you can't come up with a retort

Also, "participate in the community" lmao man, it's worse than I thought, this really is all you have. Well don't you worry, i'm not going anywhere, I'll stay as long as you need me :)

gonna hit a blunt and watch rick and morty finale though, so my next post may hit different. I'm not responsible for what may happen.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

gonna hit a blunt and watch rick and morty finale though, so my next post may hit different. I'm not responsible for what may happen.

Well, that explains why you can't even remember what you post most of the time.

Genetics dealt you a raw hand, and you're stacking handicaps to boot.

Top Bottom