• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[2004, stupid necro bump] Media Create Sales: 20 - 26 Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvxfreak

Culex said:
I shiver at the thought of what the hardware sales boost will be from that new Jump DS game...

That and Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. :O

AniHawk said:
It's not gonna happen, man. 300k in 5 days for that system is insane. Even the PS2 wont pull off those numbers.

Course not.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
CVXFREAK said:
Naruto meets One Piece meets Dragon Ball [Z] and I think it meets one more anime
Those are the CONFIRMED anime. There's supposed to me more.

ph33r BOBOBOBO BOBOBO! :D

koam

Culex said:
I shiver at the thought of what the hardware sales boost will be from that new Jump DS game...

I'm assuming that every person in Japan will have a DS for each hand.

Hollywood

Banned
koam said:
I'm assuming that every person in Japan will have a DS for each hand.

4 SCREENS! That's impossible. People only have two eyes, unless they have different amounts of eyes in Japan.

snapty00

Banned
Hollywood said:
4 SCREENS! That's impossible. People only have two eyes, unless they have different amounts of eyes in Japan.
Must...avoid...making...joke...of stereotypical Japanese boy with glasses...

could Nintendo be doing the right thing with the DS ?

one sure thing this isn't te company I've known 3-4 years ago, they listen to customers (BIG AAAHH), less stuborn !! more shocking, and almost thrown their pride away, and admitting that they've made some mistakes ..

I might be going slightly off-topic here, but I'm really happy with the DS' numbers and I think its a sign that Nintendo have learned, atlast, whether its the hard way or not, but they are changing, and things are shaping up good for the Revolution :D ...

and I think big thanks should go to the Xbox for teaching Nintendo to not to take new comers seriously..

way to go Nintendo

MASB

Hollywood said:
Don't say anything. You may give Nintendo ideas. *A few years from now.... Nintendo QS! Four screens in one handheld system! Two of them touch screen!* ;)

Random pics

16.jpg

e3_05.jpg

fzero15.jpg

920769_112304_screen001.jpg

press02.jpg

http://www.chronogamer.net/mye3/reports/metroid-large.jpg

Nintendo needs to start hyping the new Star Fox if they dont want it to plop

And also they could hype Zelda as the game to buy in 2005, like MS hyoed Gaylo 2

i still can't believe nintendo didn't launch with wario ware ds in the usa :-/

still waiting to buy my ds...

and wow, GCN outsells PSP!!! someone call CNN

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Amazing DS figures.

Amazing Nintendo figures all round.

I guess a lot of people, and a lot of us here, have perhaps been blinded by the whole "OMG, Playstation is coming to destroy Game Boy!" sentiment, but in reality, when you offer a new Nintendo handheld + a nice "gadgety" design + new "gadgety" features + some great games, to the market, what do you expect? And yeah, if Nintendo can get Pokemon and that Jump game out in reasonable time, I think their momentum is probably secure.

nubbe

Sony's business model for PSP is perplexing indeed.
They take a presumably big loss on the hardware and software sales in the handled sector are traditionally fairly low. So they probably won't reach a breaking point in a foreseeable future.
This is at the same time they have made an enormous investment on a next generation platform.

This is quite a predicament.

The coming months will be very interesting. Especially to see how third party sales develops on both platforms where NDS also has been somewhat lacking.
Can't wait for E3

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
nubbe said:
They take a presumably big loss on the hardware and software sales in the handled sector are traditionally fairly low. So they probably won't reach a breaking point in a foreseeable future.

The one thing that perplexes me more is that you usually take a big loss on hardware like that in order to build the userbase. But while cutting the retail price on the one hand, Sony are limiting supply with the other. It doesn't make sense.

GDGF

Soothsayer
nubbe said:

I've been saying for awhile that even if they have a surplus of PSP systems readied to unleash on the general public, (still doubtful, but eh...) that they will still limit the number of units available to the general public due to the large descrepency (sp, but I am drunk) between actual cost of goods and msrp. It would be too much of a loss to show on their upcoming fiscals. It's one of the main principles behind my NDS dominance scenerio, as a matter of fact :)

Elios83

Nintendo's numbers are simply amazing but PSP is holding tight and selling according to Sony's predictions.
Now we have to see if Sony manages to increase production and reach their sales target of 3 million by March 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom