• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2009 – The best year of Wii EVAR!! (Games pics and movies)

-Kh- said:
that list is a pretty neat tool:
sort it like this: 100 titels all plattforms:
only 3 wii titels are in the list
7 ps3
12 360
with the ps3 one year behind the 360 thre pretty much at the same level of AAA titels
if you sort wii games top 100 and compare it to ps3 / 360 / ps2 top 100 you see the quality difference with the wii titels

Neomoto

I don't know about best year, but definitely 3rd party wise.

If I look at this list I see a lot of games I want to play :)

maniac-kun said:
7 ps3
12 360
with the ps3 one year behind the 360 thre pretty much at the same level of AAA titels
if you sort wii games top 100 and compare it to ps3 / 360 / ps2 top 100 you see the quality difference with the wii titels

:lol

yoopoo

Banned
maniac-kun said:
7 ps3
12 360
But only 2 PS3 exclusives though, rest are on 360 as well.

Threi

notag
esbern said:
you know there are problems when a game with sonic wielding a sword is one of your big games
Threi said:
here is a guide for reviewing wii lists

1. look through games (ignoring them) for a potentially crappy game
2. Post how because potentially crappy game is on the list therefore entire list is invalidated
3. ????
4. Profit
:)

Cipherr

esbern said:
you know there are problems when a game with sonic wielding a sword is one of your big games

Threi said:

2. Post how because potentially crappy game is on the list therefore entire list is invalidated
3. ????
4. Profit

:lol :lol :lol

Edit: FUUUUCK! beaten! GDI

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
ksamedi said:
Pretty much shows how much reviews are worth these days. Both Galacy and GTA4 should be nowhere near OOT.

Galaxy being second to Ocarina is pretty much cool with me. GTAIV however...

I'm of the "San Andreas was better than IV" camp.

FabCam

I'm sorry to be a pessimist but when you have a game like Marble Saga: Kororinpa 2 listed as "one of the top games for next year", you know it's going to be a shit year for games.

I can't say I'm interested in even one of those games.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
FabCam said:

Tell me how much you know about any of them.

For people who actually follow Wii news, there is some promising stuff from promising developers.

Durante

FabCam said:
I'm sorry to be a pessimist but when you have a game like Marble Saga: Kororinpa 2 listed as "one of the top games for next year", you know it's going to be a shit year for games.
Funnily enough, that is one of the few games on the list I am somewhat interested in. The first Kororinpa is the only Wii game I own (except Wii Sports) where I felt that the motion controls actually improved the experience.

Neo C.

While I will certainly have more more than enough games to play, I still hope the companys are going to announce a lot more titles in the next six months. The more titles are coming, the less trolling in GAF.

Threi

notag
FabCam said:
:D

zoku88 said:
Uhm, when was Tatsunoko vs Capcom ever announced for regions outside of Japan. It's a safer bet to say it isn't coming because of licensing issues.
It's not :lol

zoku88

Uhm, when was Tatsunoko vs Capcom ever announced for regions outside of Japan. It's a safer bet to say it isn't coming because of licensing issues.

EDIT: Does the OP forget that Wii isn't region free. That Haruhi game is definately not coming outisde of Japan (well, it's an anime game so it wouldn't be good anyway, but..)

FabCam said:

Kororinpa 1 is the best marble rolling game ever. You = fail.
Also,
Threi said:

3. ????
4. Profit

That actually makes my life alot easier :D
:lol :lol :lol

Dascu

zoku88 said:

EDIT: Does the OP forget that Wii isn't region free. That Haruhi game is definately not coming outisde of Japan (well, it's an anime game so it wouldn't be good anyway, but..)
Importing Wii games really isn't as much of a hassle as people make it out to be. I think it's fair enough to include Japan-only games on a list like this. Heck, the 360's line-up would look pretty grim to me without games like DoDonpachi or Death Smiles.

zoku88 said:

EDIT: Does the OP forget that Wii isn't region free.
It is if you want it to be, and only takes a few minutes to make it so.

slade

I like the list in the opening. There's far more games there that I'd like to play then I thought. As well as the existing library, there's enough for me to play. Plus with my 360 crapping out again and my 3 year warranty up this month, I need another system to complement my PS3.

Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Mad World
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Capcom VS Tatsunoko
Sin and Punishment 2
Punch-Out!
Monster Hunter 3
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
Dynamic Slash
Ougon no Kizuna
Tenchu 4: Art of the Ninja
Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
The caling
Cursed Mountain
Overlord: Dark Legend
The Conduit
The Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces
Let's Tap
Wii Sports Resort
Tales of Mothership (tentative title)
Pikmin 3
Red Steel 2
Renegade Kid’s Dracula
No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle

Those are the games on the list I'll be watching. My interest ranges from must buy to hmmm let's see how this turns out. Overall I'd say it's an interesting list, and all but 2 titles are "core" games.

Dascu

zoku88 said:
Unless you don't have Twilight Princess, right? :-/
Freeloader if you're still below Firmware 3.3. Or you could rent Twilight Princess.

You should have Twilight Princess anyway though.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Balance board and Motion+ titles will make 2009 a fantastic year for the wii. I expect many titles to leverage it in the 2nd half of the year. We know Ubisoft (red steel 2) and EA (tennis game) are working on it, and it should soon become a norm. A revolution in controls is finally coming, Nintendo's vision is about to be unleashed, can't wait :)

MoogPaul

Wasn't sega rumored to be releasing Top Skater for the Wii with Balance Board support. My favorite arcade game evar!

freddy

Banned
Next year will most likely be the first year I've had to pass by some titles Im pretty interested in and The Wii will be cutting into DS time. It's getting a bit crowded for my limted game time.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Let's see...

"Yes, please."
Mad World
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Sin and Punishment 2
Punch-Out!
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
Another Code R / Trace Memory R
Endless Ocean 2: Beautiful Ocean
Marble Saga: Kororinpa 2
The House of the Dead: Overkill
The Conduit
Pikmin 3

"Hmm...maybe."

Capcom VS Tatsunoko
Monster Hunter 3
Cosmic Walker
Little King's Story
Sonic and the Black Knight
Dynamic Slash
Ougon no Kizuna
Tenchu 4: Art of the Ninja
Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
Cursed Mountain
The Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces
K.O.R.E Gang
Wii Sports Resort

"I think I'll Pass"
Arc Rise Fantasia
Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
Rune Factory Frontier
Overlord: Dark Legend
Let's Tap
Taiko Drum Master
Bleach: Versus Crusade

I think 2009 will be remembered as the year third parties finally stepped it up on the Wii. The only two games on the entire list that are developed by Nintendo are Wii Sports 2 and Pikmin 3. That's a pretty stunning turn around from just a year ago.

Mad world intrests me greatly. Otherwise i will get the fighters if they support the GC controller?

anyone know if the SF game and Bleach support the gc controller?

Threi

notag
Kabuki Waq said:
Mad world intrests me greatly. Otherwise i will get the fighters if they support the GC controller?

anyone know if the SF game and Bleach support the gc controller?
Bleach: Maybe
TvC: I believe so

come to think of it almost every Wii fighting game supports GCN and CC.

MoogPaul

Day One:
Sin and Punishment 2
Punch-Out!
The Conduit
Pikmin 3
Pikmin 1 & 2 WiiMakes (never owned the originals)
Capcom VS Tatsunoko
Little Kings Story
Fatal Frame (if it actually comes out)
Fragile

Much better vs what I got for my Wii in the second half of 2008, which has been nothing except World of Goo (which is awesome) and will be Mushroom Men.

I think if sports games are being listed, then Pro Evo 2009 should be there as well. Supposedly they've improved the defensive controls and added Classic Controller support for those who prefer a traditional control method.

witness

About the same amount of games I bought for Wii this past year.

NMH2, Conduit, Punch Out, S&P2, Mad World

Here's to hoping Nintendo has some aces up their sleeve......

Kyoufu

Monster Hunter 3 is all I need, but stuff like Fragile, Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Mad World look like icing on my cake.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
What a trainwreck. The hilarious thing is if that 90% of those games were exclusives on 360 or PS3 most of the haters would be gushing praise over the list.

Oh well... Many stuff I'm interested on the OP. Also can't wait for more WiiWare goodness.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Spiegel said:
Yeah, we expected that in 2008 too

i don't think anyone expected major announcements for SE on any platform in 2008, and i'm not sure why you use the term "we" when you don't like the wii and it's pretty clear you couldn't care less if it ends up getting announcements or not.

Fuu said:
What a trainwreck. The hilarious thing is if that 90% of those games were exclusivities on 360 or PS3 most of the haters would be gushing over the list.
I doubt that, PS360 owners only seem to be interested in generic crappy Western shooters.

GCX

A few big western franchines and a couple IPs from Nintendo (EAD/Retro/Intelligent Systems) and the list could be decent. Currently it has lots of quirky and unique stuff but lacks the BIG names.

Top Bottom