• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2009 – The best year of Wii EVAR!! (Games pics and movies)

Lettuce

Nice to see Punch Out!, but where are the classics??, F-Zero, Pilotwings, Star-Fox, Wave Race??? Was hoping we would see a remark or new version of Treasure's Guardain Heroes for the wii!!

Raw64life

Punch-Out and Sin and Punishment are the only Day 1 purchases on the list but I may end up getting several others depending on when they come out and how good they turn out.

Ysiadmihi said:
Or games with no HUD. That's the mark of true quality these days.

Also way too many colors in most of these games. Not nearly enough gray and brown.

Haruspex

Banned
Seems to be heading the way of the DS- that is to say quirky and often innovative third-party titles that may not be blockbusters, that may not set the reviews pages ablaze, but will provide those willing to take a risk with hours of enjoyment... and maybe a cultish sense of superiority. ;-)

Also: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qr0wfnE2nvs

Lets tap
Lets tap
Future tapping game
Oh yeah.

<3

SpokkX

I am sorry but that list sucks

Besides Punch out and Pikmin 3 (that is still unannonced...) there is nothing special there.

Little King, Madworld and Sin & Punishment 2 coudl be good also..

Spiegel

Stumpokapow said:
i don't think anyone expected major announcements for SE on any platform in 2008, and i'm not sure why you use the term "we" when you don't like the wii and it's pretty clear you couldn't care less if it ends up getting announcements or not.

I have a Wii and of course I care about what games ends up getting, the thing is that I don't care about ds ports or Chocobo-like games.

In 2008 SE has made major announcements:
FFXIII 360
FFAGITO XIII PSP
3rd birthday PSP
The last two could easily be Wii games but they aren't. Why? Who knows

And A LOT of people expected more Wii games from Square in 2007 after FFCC

ksamedi

Spiegel said:
I have a Wii and of course I care about what games ends up getting, the thing is that I don't care about ds ports or Chocobo-like games.

In 2008 SE has made major announcements:
FFXIII 360
FFAGITO XIII PSP
3rd birthday PSP
The last two could easily be Wii games but they aren't. Why? Who knows

And A LOT of people expected more Wii games from Square in 2007 after FFCC

Those are not big new announcements, those are already existing games being ported to other consoles. All we have right now about new games is various Wada quotes and those are quite positive about the Wii. I even remember a quote where he says that a huge bulk of their development resources are working on the DS and Wii. SE games take time and I think they will be ready to show new games in 2009.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
mad world and klonoa are promising, will keep an eye on those

maybe 09 will be the year where I plug in my wii again

Carlisle

I haven't played my Wii in a while, but this list blew me away. So many of those games look incredible. Hype +1 Wallet hype -9000

Granted, a lot of them look passable though. But there are so many more excellent looking Wii games coming out than I even dreamed.

MadWorld
Sin & Punishment 2
Punch-Out!!
Monster Hunter 3
Klonoa remake
Arc Rise Fantasia
Sonic and the Black Knight
The House of the Dead: Overkill
The Conduit
Wii Sports Resort
Tales of (Mothership)
Pikmin 3
No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle

I could probably cut a few games from that list, but 2009 looks pretty good for my Wii.

Tales of Symphonia: DoTNW looks great. Can't wait for it. Any news on the PAL date yet? (Same applies to Vesperia for 360...)

swerve

List doesn't include Donkey Kong Jungle Beat Wii-release. List fails.

List doesn't know the quality of over half the games. List fails.

List attempts positivity regarding Wii's quirky release schedule on GAF. List fails.

scitek

I don't understand how anyone could care less what region a game is made in as long as it's fun. Aside from a game being in Japanese or something, how could you actively distinguish in your mind it being Japanese or American while you're playing it? And God help us if you need a game to be a part of an established franchise in order to enjoy it. If anything, I think most games that have come out this generation that are parts of huge franchises have been met with general disappointment for the most part. GTA IV, Devil May Cry 4, and Burnout Paradise are three right off the top of my head that have been bitched about tirelessly here. It's time for something new.

Tiktaalik

2009 definitely looks to be way stronger and awesomer than 2008 but these threads are always ridiculously, silly in the inflated amount of games they show and this really shows how desperate the Wii audience sometimes is.

- a 5 second clip of a no name developer game is suddenly worth looking forward to, just because it looks like a real game, and it was shown at a Nintendo conference.
- A ho hum looking game that would be a solid B or C level title on any other platform is worth looking forward to just because it's on the Wii.
- TBA 09 titles
- Obscure Japanese titles that will never come to NA
- Games that have just been announced in name only, that we know absolutely nothing about, and which may not actually even exist. (*cough* Pikmin 3 *cough*)

The situation very strongly reminds me of fighting games or RPGs on the N64, where there was absolutely nothing of quality (minusing Paper Mario and Ogre Battle that appeared near the console's death) so as a result everyone would scramble and attempt to like any game that even appeared because of this because it was the only option.

I know I'm being a spoil sport here, but even though my interest was slightly piqued by the 3 second clip of Cosmic Walker at the Nintendo conference, I'm not about to hype it and throw it on my list of upcoming games, because I don't even know who is developing it, what it's about, when it's coming out, and honestly if it's really worth caring about at all. That's true of 90% of the games listed here.

My biggest concern for 09 is Muramasa: The Demon Blade, which looks absolutely awesome, but notable people that have played the game have voiced concerns about the possible lack of depth in the title. Even Shane "Legend of Kage" Bettenhausen had negative thoughts on the title. Hopefully they can turn the title around.

Tab0203

BDGAME said:
...Endless Ocean 2: Beautiful Ocean - Release Date: TBA 2009
Published by: Nintendo, Developed by: Arika, Genre: Live simulator Adventure
Video: http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=QS7pwCHH_bc
General Video: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40713.html
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk282/ElCapoUnico/EndlessOcean2.jpg[img]...[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/34fm8ti.png

Half the pics in the youtube video are from Endless Ocean:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337254

JonAmikar

Ignorant Scrub
Intelligent Systems needs to debut the next Wii Fire Emblem. Then we'll see if the Wii still "sucks".

OLOLO teh wii sux but we'll play brawl on it for like six hours.

Vard

Solid list, I think. Ougon no Kizuna has a lot of potential, seeing that it's influenced by Shadow of the Colossus.

The list is missing PES 2009. And I'm not just saying that; GameStats has the first one as the 13th best-rated Wii game, and this one looks even better than the first one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfq2nXvzqHo

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Cowie said:
If you're not willing to take a chance on obscure wii games, you probably shouldn't own a wii. If you can just by a glance dismiss this entire lineup, If I were you, I'd consider selling my wii. But make sure you make a thread when you do it, because I desperately want to know if you do.

co-signed.

these wii-lineup threads are like 'trolling for dummies' conventions. it would've been annoying if they weren't so inanely funny.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Great list becomes bad after The Conduit, and I'm not talking quality (strictly). Some of those aren't even confirmed to exist, let alone come out in 2009.

That said, The House of the Dead: Overkill is practically my dream game. It'll probably become my GOTY 2009 very easily.

Also highly anticipating Fragile, Monster Hunter 3, Muramasa, Tatsunoko (if it comes out here...), FFCC: Echoes of Time, The Conduit, and Sonic & the Black Knight. I'm really antipating 2009- between all these Wii games and the DSi, I don't know what I'll do.

I got a Wii for the kids a month or so ago. Can't say I'll be buying a single game off that list. Unless, the Capcom fighter is releasing here in the US? Other than that... wow.

Pachinko

Thanks for posting that list, it's only further cemented my belief that were it not for virtual console, the wii would be no better then the gamecube.

I'm a member of that not so exclusive nerd club that buys every console out there which means the only games I play on my wii are first party nintendo franchise games (mario, zelda etc) and the odd lone wii 3rd party exclusive. So far that's included 1 entry in the trauma center franchise as well as No More Heroes.

So looking over your huge list the only games I'm interested in at all are no more heroes 2, mad world and maybe punch out. Nintendo has yet to release a true wii zelda game or a new entry in classics F zero and starfox so I'm still holding out a small amount of hope that something will make it out to peak my interest. Super paper mario was also a port up so a new entry in that series might be coming I suppose. Even still , those are mostly games I'd only play, not buy.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
klier said:
Wii Sports resort, Punch out and Pikmin 3 for me.....the rest looks just stupid

Monster Hunter 3 and House of the Dead really look stupid? Really? I can see how they're not your thing, but calling all the others stupid is, well, stupid.

Granted after The Conduit, the list falls off a cliff, but still, the first half is very full of interesting games.

samratty

I prefer to judge a year based on it's end products rather than it's potential. Still a lot of those titles I'm interested in.

sphinx

the piano man
the list includes games with some potential, it just tells us people who can't be bothered to look around on IGN and such what can we be expecting for 2009.

I don't see why haters get all worked up.

besides RE5, the HD consoles, specially PS3, have NOTHING to brag about for any year in the future. Of course, that is unless you are all about gray FPSs and uninspired western pseudo RPGs, then of course the HD consoles are like gold mines and Wii's lineup is pretty shitty.

outsidah

Not trying to troll but it HAD to be better than the previous no? Shovelware left and right and everywhere I looked.... my Wii will finally turn back on around Dec 11th when Capcom's fighter comes out...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
sphinx said:
the list includes games with some potential, it just tells us people who can't be bothered to look around on IGN and such what can we be expecting for 2009.

I don't see why haters get all worked up.

besides RE5, the HD consoles, specially PS3, have NOTHING to brag about for any year in the future. Of course, that is unless you are all about gray FPSs and uninspired western pseudo RPGs, then of course the HD consoles are like gold mines and Wii's lineup is pretty shitty.

Hrm, you make a point. Besides RE5 (which could go PC) and Killzone 2, what do the HD twins have for '09? I'm actually curious, don't pay attention to that side much.

Edit- Ah yes, -Kh- reminded me that they're getting FF13 and Versus. But... are we sure those are 2009 titles?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
sphinx said:

your post sucks.

it's possible to enjoy the wii lineup without being a total dickhead about other console lineups.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Stumpokapow said:
your post sucks.

it's possible to enjoy the wii lineup without being a total dickhead about other console lineups.
Unfortunately, it seems the reverse is not true, at least on GAF.

Also, lol at Threi being a prophet.

sphinx

the piano man
-Kh- said:
Oh?

So FFXIII (and Versus) are nothing now?

You ( and I ) will all finish these games in 1 month, maybe a little longer.

For the rest of the year, a console needs a selection of games that captures our attention so we play on them and buy software even if it is not like FFXIII aka= mega super ultra high profile.

I want to see a list like the one in the OP for the PS3 for 2009, which of course, should include FFXIII ( U.S. 2009? LoL ) and RE5 by all means. I would bet the list would absolutely suck past those 2 games.

you people think that having a couple of exclusive good games makes a console's game list wonderful. Wii already has Galaxy and Prime 3, yet, so far, the selection overall sucks tremendous ammounts of ass, the PS3 has MGS4 and uncharted and it SUCKS as well.

many of my friends that own the PS3/Wii combo hold the money in their hand and don't know what the fuck they should buy, everything is mediocre and overpriced.

People should stop the "Wii = Lol, PS360 = OMG so many shooters and sport games, I am drowned in gaming goodness" sillyness.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
sphinx said:
People should stop the "Wii = Lol, PS360 = OMG so many shooters and sport games, I am drowned in gaming goodness" sillyness.
The opposite also rings true.

starok

Banned
sphinx said:
I want to see a list like the one in the OP for the PS3 for 2009, which of course, should include FFXIII ( U.S. 2009? LoL ) and RE5 by all means. I would bet the list would absolutely suck past those 2 games.

-killzone 2
-resident evil 5
-street fighter 4
-ff 13
-god of war 3
-infamous
-heavy rain
-new ratchet and clanck
-White Knight Story
-uncharted 2
-tekken 6
-gran turismo 5

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
starok said:
-killzone 2
-resident evil 5
-street fighter 4
-ff 13
-god of war 3
-infamous
-heavy rain
-new ratchet and clanck
-White Knight Story
-uncharted 2
-tekken 6
-gran turismo 5

Lol @ getting any of the bolded games in 2009 at all.

Luigison

I'll get:
Mushroom Men (Hyped)
Tomb Raider (my father loves TR)
Rayman (I like the others)
Punchout (for my father-in-law)
Klonoa (Klonoa platformers are awesome)
Marble Saga: Koropina 2 (loved the first one)
Let's Tap (for my daughter?)
Wii Sports Resort (Get times 4 - great gift)
Pikmen 3 (for me!)

-Kh-

Banned
Andrex said:
Lol @ getting any of the bolded games in 2009 at all.

I don't know about GoW3, but all other games will make it.

FF13 will at least come out during FY2009 that gives room until march 2010 :lol

Dascu

starok said:
-killzone 2 lolsequelofmediocreps2game
-resident evil 5 multiplat
-street fighter 4 multiplat
-ff 13 2009? multiplat
-god of war 3 2009?
-infamous what do we know about this game?
-heavy rain this is about *games*
-new ratchet and clanck 2009?
-White Knight Story overhyped
-uncharted 2 2009?
-tekken 6 multiplat
-gran turismo 5 2009?
Take my comments with a grain of salt, but be honest, that list isn't all that impressive either if you're critical. And perhaps you should restrict to exclusives, considering how (except for those two sport games) all the games in the OP are exclusives.

starok

Banned
Dascu said:
Take my comments with a grain of salt, but be honest, that list isn't all that impressive either if you're critical. And perhaps you should restrict to exclusives, considering how (except for those two sport games) all the games in the OP are exclusives.

Who cares if the games are exclusives or not, they will come to the ps3.
He said 2009 on ps3 would suck beside ff13 and re5, I just wanted to show him he was wrong.

Top Bottom