• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2009 - PlayStation 3's Third Year

SolidSnakex said:
We shall see. I get the feeling that they dropped the planned update for Prologue and instead just moved onto GT5 after Kaz's comments that were posted on GTP. Which would mean it'll be out next year.

They should update Prologue, it's like their beta of sorts and from what I hear the online there is very archaic, I'm really hoping that GT5 will have a robust online system and will have damage and dynamic weather, as well as Lambos and Buggattis.

Firewire

Banned
Awesome thread Kagari! My only complaint is the pic used for GT5, can I suggest maybe using one of the awesome F1 Ferrari pics!

Snowden

Banned
Private Hoffman said:
Phenomenal year, really.

There's basically a killer title release in almost every single month. Insane.
I wonder how long the nice spread will last before publishers forget themselves and make the mad dash to the holiday season, creating a packed fall calendar and ensuring much moaning in the new year about how so many games coming out at the same time meant their game just didn't get the chance it deserved.

Fantastic line-up, regardless.

I could see GOW3 out late 2009 and GT5 is for sure 2010.

Exclusive Day 1s
KZ2
Infamous
Heavy Rain
Uncharted 2
GOW3.

Maybe:
MAG
Fat Princess
WKC
Secret PS3 game ( Will wait for David Ellis's review or impressions first)

Brashnir

Defuser said:
I wish you wouldn't include the shitty games and games that's not gonna make it in 09 :|

what shitty games? I don't see anything on there that looks like real garbage or shovelware.

AranhaHunter said:
They should update Prologue, it's like their beta of sorts and from what I hear the online there is very archaic, I'm really hoping that GT5 will have a robust online system and will have damage and dynamic weather, as well as Lambos and Buggattis.

The Prologue update was supposed to include those updated online aspects. So they'd just be moved over to GT5. But Kaz laughed when it was suggested that GT5 wouldn't be out until 2010 and then said it'd be out "sooner than expected". So I think they might just do away with the Prologue update in order to focus on getting GT5 out the door.

Kaz did confirm that they'll finally got Porsche on board. So Lamborghini and Bugatti seem possible.

Defuser

Brashnir said:
what shitty games? I don't see anything on there that looks like real garbage or shovelware.
Seriously? Lets see whether you enjoy this garbage.
xblades.jpg

Rapping Granny said:
I could see GOW3 out late 2009 and GT5 is for sure 2010.

Exclusive Day 1s
KZ2
Infamous
Heavy Rain
Uncharted 2
GOW3.

Maybe:
MAG
Fat Princess
WKC
Allow me to help you move Fat Princess up to your "day 1" column with the following fact: it's a fucking game called "Fat Princess" and you force-feed a girl until she is too fat to carry around and the game deserves to be the best-selling game of all time.

robox

probably should add game descriptions/info like in the wii thread. screenshots of random humans with guns and/or swords isn't doing anything for me.

i'm still looking to pick up a ps3. but mostly for ridge racer 7 and ad hoc party. definitely gonna be checking bayonetta though.

MidiSurf

Banned
Uncharted 2
Final Fantasy XIII/versus
Heavy Rain
White Knight

Those are only games I'm interested. And perhaps Team Ico game if it's out in 09.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Added a shout-out to the Wii 2009 thread. Working on finding videos now. Will add some descriptors.

Log4Girlz

Heavy rain looks hawt. Does anyone else look at that game and pine for a Shenmue 3 with that level of graphic splendor?

SolidSnakex said:
The Prologue update was supposed to include those updated online aspects. So they'd just be moved over to GT5. But Kaz laughed when it was suggested that GT5 wouldn't be out until 2010 and then said it'd be out "sooner than expected". So I think they might just do away with the Prologue update in order to focus on getting GT5 out the door.

Kaz did confirm that they'll finally got Porsche on board. So Lamborghini and Bugatti seem possible.

Yeah I know, but since they can re-use the code from GT5P they might as well at least implement the online portion now and beta test it for the full GT5.

Haunted

Heavy Rain!
White Knight Chronicles!

God of War 3 should be good. And I'm interested in Flower mainly because we know so little about it.

Getting my multiplatform games on other systems that shall not be named here.

Jonnyram said:
2008 lineup.
Seeing a lot of similarities :lol
7wpapdy.gif

:lol :lol

badcrumble said:
Allow me to help you move Fat Princess up to your "day 1" column with the following fact: it's a fucking game called "Fat Princess" and you force-feed a girl until she is too fat to carry around and the game deserves to be the best-selling game of all time.

:lol remember when those fat girls were pissed off and bitching about Sony on their blog?

Jonnyram said:
2008 lineup.
Seeing a lot of similarities :lol

:lol well played, with that said I ended up skipping in MLB 08 The Show, I might get '09.

MidiSurf

Banned
Log4Girlz said:
Heavy rain looks hawt. Does anyone else look at that game and pine for a Shenmue 3 with that level of graphic splendor?

It certainly looks hawt but doesn't make me pine for a Shenmue 3... People need to let Shenmue go, it will never happen.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
EktorPR said:
The people saying that this coming year looks like "another one full of nothing" are either fucking tasteless or fucking haterz. Your choice.

Or they could have specific tastes that aren't being met. Going by what's currently the list of exclusive or semi-exclusive games, we have:

1 First-Person Shooter
2 Third-Person Shooters
1 Real-Time Strategy
3 Massively-Multiplayer Online Games
4 Japanese Role-Playing Games
3 Action-Adventures
1 Platform-Shooter
1 Racing Title

And 2 "Abstract" titles, Heavy Rain and Flower. And this is assuming they all hit next year or stay exclusive. There are certainly many many more genres than those.

Not here to troll, just pointing out a different viewpoint.

Defuser

Brashnir said:
I see a chick with a sword and gibs flying everywhere. Looks like a decent start to me.
Don't you mean a unknown Russia developer with poor attempts in making look like anime ,gimped ps3 version and shitty boxart?

Brashnir

Defuser said:
Don't you mean a unknown Russia developer with poor attempts in making look like anime ,gimped ps3 version and shitty boxart?

I didn't know any of that about the game. I hadn't even heard of it before this thread. lower-tier devs sometimes make fun games though. it's probably best to just let it go.

DrPirate

Banned
Carmilla said:
Wow, really?

So it would shock you that I'm not buying either?

Not everyone likes Final Fantasy, and frankly, I thought they were the worst franchise for RPG's....

But this is coming from someone that likes Mass Effect and Fallout 3......

Edit:
quantumtheory.jpg

This. I wanna see more....

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
How many Years of PS3 can there be?!?!

But in all seriousness, Final Fantasy will make me orgasm all over my DS3

Top Bottom