• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2009 - PlayStation 3's Third Year

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
seriously.. fuck you guys. where were all these must buy games when I had money to spend!? I bought a second pair of shoes just because I had burning money! I can't even see myself buying anything more than Skate 2, Killzone 2 and SF4 without winning a fucking lottery. :(

I think either God of War 3 or Uncharted 2 will release in 2009, but definitely not both.

My gut reaction tells me Uncharted 2 in November, and God of War 2 in March 2010.

GT5 sounds like it's coming out in 2009 as well.

Brobzoid said:
seriously.. fuck you guys. where were all these must buy games when I had money to spend!? I bought a second pair of shoes just because I had burning money! I can't even see myself buying anything more than Skate 2, Killzone 2 and SF4 without winning a fucking lottery. :(

And those all come out at the start of the year. :p At least you'll have 3 games with a ton of replay value though.

Diablos said:
Hey, you never know. FFXIII I would expect Square-Enix to be working on 24/7, considering that it needs to be out for PS3 and 360. You can't take such a task lightly. I do not think S-E would want to make their fans wait eons like they had to for FFXII, although I may very well be mistaken. Time will tell. But a demo in March next year, if it is released on time, is very promising.

If I'm mistaken and it's not out until 2010 or beyond, that would suck, but let's not hope we get a repeat of the delayfest that was FFXII.

So I sequel of a game is going to come out within a span of 2-4 months?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I must have Infamous and Heavy Rain. Right now I see those being my most played games next year. I hope they can deliver, I already have lots of faith in their respective devs.

dfyb

Banned
Kagari said:
The Agency
Video: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34285.html
agency.jpg
gamefly removed this game from my Q and claimed it was canceled. any confirmation?

edit:
http://www.*******.com/2008/11/18/the-agency-canceled-according-to-gamefly-notice/

i googled

the SKU was changed, is all. not canceled

Puck

Banned
Nice list.
Agreed that is missing a few titles though, Bioshock 2 being the main and my most anticipated game.

RiZ III

I don't expect FF13 to make it stateside in 2009. But if either that or Yakuza 3 make it here 2009, it will be a great time to own a ps3.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
SolidSnakex said:
And those all come out at the start of the year. :p At least you'll have 3 games with a ton of replay value though.
I know :( I originally wanted a SF4 stick too, since I've never played stick before. But holy hell if I'm going to pay for an (assumed) expensive stick and shipping for it's heavy ass across the pond. I'll probably do some trade-ins or something to soften the blow of three games on the same paycheck.

TerryLee81 said:
Looking forward to Sacred 2.

What's the verdict on the PC version? Is it any good?

Heard it was buggy as hell but patches can cure that and there is no reason why those should carry over to the ps3 port.

Gowans

The exclusives aren't really tickling my arse in 09, probably gona get rids of my PS3 after I playout Wipeout and LBP.

(got another GAFer lines up so they can atleast use my PSN library)

Gowans007 said:
The exclusives aren't really tickling my arse in 09, probably gona get rids of my PS3 after I playout Wipeout and LBP.

(got another GAFer lines up so they can atleast use my PSN library)

(neutral) Gowans007
Has the worst ideas ever
(Today, 08:14 AM)

Gowans

AranhaHunter said:
(neutral) Gowans007
Has the worst ideas ever
(Today, 08:14 AM)

:lol I was waiting for the tag quote.

I will miss Fat Princess, Flower, Uncharted 2 and GoW3 but honestly I've always done well out getting rid of a system to focus on games for my others.

Maybe things will change but looking at the exclusives compared to what I'm playing now I don't have the hype but then the news to hype me isn't out yet so maybe it will change.

DjFroggy

Neo Member
It's getting harder and harder not owning a ps3. Will probably be too hard to resist if March price drop rumours are true with Killzone 2 coming out.

nice list, from those list, I think these games will miss 2009 just because lack of news or something:
-Agency
-MAG
-DC mmo
-GoW 3
-FF XIII and Vs (I hope to god at least XIII make it out next year)

in other news, that Alpha Protocol screen reminds me to Gabe Logan

Top Bottom