• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

seldead

I recently bought the iD superpack and currently playing fallout:NV after dismissing it on release. Wondering what texture packs you guys are using? I see the largest is 7gb uncompressed and i know my 7200rpm HDD is crying at the sound of that, does it run ok on non SSD systems?

specs
2500k 4.4ghz
8gig ram
500gb 7200rpm hdd

EDIT: the amazing morrowind overhaul mod screenshots, to keep this more on topic, funny how much better than fallout 3 and oblivion it looks.

5a7d7754305934f8babf90c5a08863e60148d241.jpg

fa2f597fdb12556cf3476ddaf95c92cfd55a5cfa.jpg

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
iNvidious01 said:
was kind of disappointed with it at first but its getting much better

Mate, care to share your inspector settings for the AA?

iNvid02

Corky said:
Mate, care to share your inspector settings for the AA?

its downsampled from 1600p corky so it looks better automatically

i think the settings are mainly default with a few tweaks

0x00001201 (Darksiders) - aa compatability
0x42400005 - sli compatability

aa mode - override
4x multisampling
2x supersampling

af - user defined
af - 16x

clamp/high quality - tex filtering
v-sync ON

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Bradach said:
:) great likeness. if his head was a bit thinner or longer it'd be perfect.

I didn't made it, found it on the website for Mass Effect 2 faces, but its probably the best you can do with what the game offer. It's funny though.

iNvid02

darksiders 1/2

i really thought it was gonna look like shit after the first level, but with each new environment it gets better and better, well worth 4.99.

darksiderspc_2011_08_1eosk.png

darksiderspc_2011_08_1mo9s.png

iNvid02

Solo said:
I haven't had anything to contribute to this thread in a solid 2 months :(

Hurry up, DXHR!

this thread will explode in a few months, im on 3g mobile broadband right now and its made me appreciate how much damn data i use.

iNvid02

Solo said:
I dunno. I mean, we survived The Witcher 2, which I had pegged as the main attraction this thread would see this year.

that was pretty big because it looked insane, but people just seem to post whenever new games come out anyway. so with mw3, bf3, dxhr, acr, rage, swtor, skyrim, arkham city etc etc its gonna be constant refreshing

Solo

I suppose you're right. I will definitely be jumping on the DX:HR, Rage and Skyrim bandwagons. I'll be playing Arkham City on my PS3 though, so I'll not be part of that party.

Blizzard

Banned
Wow, that minivan in one of the GTA 4 shots almost looks photoshopped in.

Pardon me for quoting two pictures, but here is something that seems pretty striking about Dragon Age (2/whichever it is):

It feels like in a lot of the shots, everyone has this weird neutral pose with their hands at their side, kind of standing stiffly. Compare that to something like Metro:

Even just standing around, I feel like they look much more natural in their poses.

Blizzard said:
Wow, that minivan in one of the GTA 4 shots almost looks photoshopped in.

Pardon me for quoting two pictures, but here is something that seems pretty striking about Dragon Age (2/whichever it is):

It feels like in a lot of the shots, everyone has this weird neutral pose with their hands at their side, kind of standing stiffly. Compare that to something like Metro:

Even just standing around, I feel like they look much more natural in their poses.

The characters in DA2 do have a neutral standing pose, but they constantly fidget every few seconds. It's not really a big issue, because you're usually moving when controlling your party and when it switches to cutscenes, they look a bit more relaxed and natural.

5540691091_e800496fed_o.jpg

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
iNvidious01 said:
its downsampled from 1600p corky so it looks better automatically

i think the settings are mainly default with a few tweaks

0x00001201 (Darksiders) - aa compatability
0x42400005 - sli compatability

aa mode - override
4x multisampling
2x supersampling

af - user defined
af - 16x

clamp/high quality - tex filtering
v-sync ON

Thanks alot mate :), were you on sli 460s? Do you have 60fps at that resolution + AA settings?

Kyaw

Does anyone here have good/working Nvidia Inspector Profiles for SGSSAA on Mirror's Edge?

In-game 16xQ AA still leaves some jaggies behind.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Kyaw said:
Does anyone here have good/working Nvidia Inspector Profiles for SGSSAA on Mirror's Edge?

In-game 16xQ AA still leaves some jaggies behind.
Try 0x004010C1 w/ 4x AA, 4x SGSSAA, and a -1.0 lod bias and if that looks soft, walk it up to -1.5. (Sorry about the slow response).

Kyaw

Stallion Free said:
Try 0x004010C1 w/ 4x AA, 4x SGSSAA, and a -1.0 lod bias and if that looks soft, walk it up to -1.5. (Sorry about the slow response).

Thanks but it doesn't seem to work.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Kyaw said:
Thanks but it doesn't seem to work.
That's the only SGSSAA compatiblity I was able to find on the internet for the game so if that doesn't work you are prolly SOL. The game uses a fuckton of white so that's why you still see aliasing with regualar MSAA.

KKRT00

Van Buren said:
For a game that is half a decade old, the graphics have held up quite well.

An outdoor shot using the typical 3rd person camera -

http://i.picpar.com/f6e0844e2338faf2009f2394f7298a6ab37fc8ec.jpg[img]

This game features the prettiest spell effects I've seen in a 3D WRPG, thanks to some gorgeous dynamic lighting and shadowing as this indoor shot using the isometric camera shows -

[img]http://i.picpar.com/ca25298ca3e64469a542816129260ce9e7d0076e.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
More please :)

Kyaw

Stallion Free said:
That's the only SGSSAA compatiblity I was able to find on the internet for the game so if that doesn't work you are prolly SOL. The game uses a fuckton of white so that's why you still see aliasing with regualar MSAA.

nvm, got it working!
The preset Mirror's Edge profile wasn't work so i created a new profile.

Can't get solid 60 with Triple Buffering though, might go back to 16xQ.

icPndoZWG.png

ied5nnRDA.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom